Alternative To Tata Nexon? Budget Rs.10 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
My heart and mind was set on Tata Nexon.I delayed my purchase for about an year just to buy Nexon.But now I have given up and I am going for a new car.My requirements are a 5 seated,good build qualIty,easy on pocket and under 10 lacs over the road.TIA

I would anyday advice you Ford Ecosport over Maruti Brezza.
Ford Ecosport Trend+ seems VFM, packed with safety equipments (though it has only 2 airbags instead of 6 in Titanium+ but again Vitara Brezza doesn't even have 6 airbags as an option), required features too.

But I must agree, More Spyshot = More desire to get it (Talking of Nexon)
I too was in similar case, wanted to buy Kite5 but then settled for Tiago

Last edited:
My heart and mind was set on Tata Nexon.I delayed my purchase for about an year just to buy Nexon.But now I have given up and I am going for a new car.My requirements are a 5 seated,good build qualIty,easy on pocket and under 10 lacs over the road.TIA
If you could provide more information on,
- most of your drive terrain [Highway, city, town road, bumper to bumper traffic]
- physique of people mostly travelling
- KMS per month
- petrol/diesel ?
- sedan/hatchback/compact SUV

Thread Starter #5
If you could provide more information on,
- most of your drive terrain [Highway, city, town road, bumper to bumper traffic]
- physique of people mostly travelling
- KMS per month
- petrol/diesel ?
- sedan/hatchback/compact SUV
Hi Thanks for reply.I would love to buy Compact SUV,but I will settle for hatchback I guess.My wife likes Honda Jazz.I am 6 ft tall.It will be mostly bumper to bumper city traffic or highway.The Km driven would be roughly 500 km.I am not looking at diesel and I would like to buy safe car not tin cans.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I was going to recommend you ecosport and the s cross. But you have ruled out diesel.
I wouldn't recommend you the jazz. The low end torque is very bad. You will have to continously downshift to 1st gear in traffic to get the car moving. Do take a long td in traffic.
Since your budget is 10 lakhs and you are cool with hatchback buy the top end elite i20 with 6 airbags. I would have recommend the polo but 3 people at the rear will be horrible plus it won't be easy on the pocket in the long run.
I have a figo and would have recommended you the same if your budget was limited. It is vfm in comparison to i20 but if you have the budget i20 is the best option. You will get the i20 top end petrol in 8.2-8.4 after discounts. Would like to mention that you will feel the engine to be working really hard under full load or if you want to zoom ahead( with atleast 3 people on board) on a uphill you won't be happy. The engine will struggle and you may not get the desired power. So yeah take a long td of i20 too.

Ps : please reply to all the members who are contributing in this thread. Use the multi quote feature.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
I am sincerely sorry.I would like to thank everyone who is trying to help me out.Sir, Do you think I 20 is vfm.Should I buy in December with discount being offered or wait for Jan to get it registered in new year.Thanks.

Just visit Mahindra showroom and TD NuvoSport once. You will love the car.

You may not be looking at DIESEL variant but this car is really good and practically made to suit most of the INDIAN terrain. I wouldn't have suggested you, but 10lac budget couldn't stopped me from commenting. Remember this car cannot be compared for plastic finish, gadgets and gizmos. Feel the upright seating posture like SUV, so you can watch the puny hatchback from the windows. [;)]. The suspension setup is also good for bad roads.

Visit Mahindra to get the long TD.

Since you are 6 feet tall, you should think of compact SUV to have a comfortable journey for you and your family. Considering you are driving the car, the person sitting exactly behind you wouldn't be comfortable as your legs would have accommodate most of the space.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I am sincerely sorry.I would like to thank everyone who is trying to help me out.Sir, Do you think I 20 is vfm.Should I buy in December with discount being offered or wait for Jan to get it registered in new year.Thanks.
You can get discounts upto 30k if you bargain really hard. Won't matter much because resale of the car is already good. So you can buy the December model. Get atleast 30k discounts(after telling him to reduce the insurance prices)Take a baleno brochure and price list and your cheque book along for better negotiation

Last edited:
Just visit Mahindra showroom and TD NuvoSport once. You will love the car.
You may not be looking at DIESEL variant but this car is really good and practically made to suit most of the INDIAN terrain. I wouldn't have suggested you, but 10lac budget couldn't stopped me from commenting. Remember this car cannot be compared for plastic finish, gadgets and gizmos. Feel the upright seating posture like SUV, so you can watch the puny hatchback from the windows. [;)]. The suspension setup is also good for bad roads.
Visit Mahindra to get the long TD.
Since you are 6 feet tall, you should think of compact SUV to have a comfortable journey for you and your family. Considering you are driving the car, the person sitting exactly behind you wouldn't be comfortable as your legs would have accommodate most of the space.
I am with you on this Amit. The NuvoSport seems to meet most of ShekharRohit's requirements - except that it is diesel powered! Also since he mentions his need for "a safe car and not tin cans", I would say that the Nuvosport fits the bill well. It is ruggedly built, is abuse-friendly and durable. It has huge space inside despite the compact footprint and carries the obligatory ABS, EBD and airbags as safety features. For a diesel it has reasonably brisk performance and comes mounted on the new Scorpio chassis. It is also RWD ( a huge plus for me).
But, at the end of the day, it is a diesel.

Last edited:
I am with you on this Amit. The NuvoSport seems to meet most of ShekharRohit's requirements - except that it is diesel powered! Also since he mentions his need for "a safe car and not tin cans", I would say that the Nuvosport fits the bill well. It is ruggedly built, is abuse-friendly and durable. It has huge space inside despite the compact footprint and carries the obligatory ABS, EBD and airbags as safety features. For a diesel it has reasonably brisk performance and comes mounted on the new Scorpio chassis. It is also RWD ( a huge plus for me).
But, at the end of the day, it is a diesel.
If you are thinking for pollution then PETROL is more clean. But now a days DIESEL follow similar norms, not big reason to worry.

Plus this car comes with 2 stage turbocharger, a quick on busy traffic agile on highway. Mileage is also good.

If you are thinking for pollution then PETROL is more clean. But now a days DIESEL follow similar norms, not big reason to worry.
Plus this car comes with 2 stage turbocharger, a quick on busy traffic agile on highway. Mileage is also good.
This maybe somewhat OT (mods, only with your permission!) but it has puzzled me for a while. The Nuvosport has a twin-scroll t/charger, which is not really the same thing as a two-stage t/c. What we have understood as 2-stage t/charging (not uncommon on large ocean-going vessels) implies intercooling between the stages of two separate t/chargers, one compressing from atmos pr. to an intermediate pr., and the next one compressing up to the manifold pressure, with an after-cooler in between. Complex certainly, but for high specific outputs this is an alternative!

The twin-scroll t/charger in the Nuvosport uses the primary scroll in the volute casing at lower outputs and the secondary scroll (within the same volute casing on the same shaft) for higher output. This link gives a little insight into this arcane world!/www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7JTRRlSEYI

Top Bottom