Hello friends and fellow auto enthusiasts
I presently own a Maruti Alto 800 vxi and I am thinking of upgrading. My requirements and budget are listed below. After that, I have listed the dilemma that I am facing and would like to request your help and advice to overcome those. Location
: Kolkata Budget
: Preferably 5.5L, stretchable up to 6.25L. I shall opt for finance. Present car
: Alto 800 vxi, (Sept 2014), Odo reading ~10k. Extremely well maintained and self driven. All MGA genuine accessories including rear parking sensor is fitted. The 5 years road tax is paid and the car is under a bumper to bumper (zero depreciation) insurance for another 7 months. Driving style
: sedated Usage
: Mainly city drive, occasional highway (9:1). Average 200km per week Requirements
1. A little bigger car which can accomodate 3 adults comfortably at the back and maybe squeeze a child occasionally.
2. Security features: Airbags, ABS
, Fog lamps, central locking
3. Low maintenance cost (parts easily available and not too pricey) with fuel economy at least near to my Alto 800.
4. Power windows
5. A good music system would be an added bonus.
6. Intend to own for long.
7. Good resale value.
8. Looks can not be ignored totally. Cars that I have considered/ considering
1. Tata Tiago XZ petrol (with alloy)
2. Maruti Suzuki Baleno Petrol
3. Mahindra KUV 100 Petrol
4. Tata Zest Petrol
5. Tata Bolt Petrol My dilemmas
Personally and feature wise, I am inclined to Tiago XZ. it's price and features, both are ticking all the right boxes. Though quite a few of my acquaintances are advising against Tata. Their main issues are the serviceability of the vehicle, availability of parts, high cost of ownership in long run and low resale value. They are also saying that the longevity of Tata cars are poor and the petrol engine of Tata is not good. Are these really true negative points for Tata and should I avoid buying Tiago or any Tata car? Secondly
, I am completely confused about the price that my present vehicle may fetch. The dealers are quoting quite low, about 1.9L~2.1L. Please advise me on the price that my present car may fetch in the market. Finally
, which of the above cars should I consider, or is my choice of Tiago is judicious? Should I wait for new cars which are going to be launched on the beginning of 2017, including Tiago AMT version?
Please help me out with these issues.