Advice on Used Maruti SX4 Automatic

Thread Starter #1
Hey TAI's

I am planning to buy one 2010 ZXI AT model of Maruti SX4 with 52K on ODO. I have already seen one. asking price 4.80Lacks now our bargain between 2.90L to 3.50L dealer ready to close deal for 3.30Lacks is it worth to buy??

But I'm very much worried about the Automatic Transmission.

The test drive for 10/15 minutes didnt reveal any problem its certified from Carwale and Cartrade and DrCars all are give 4.0 out 5.0 rating, but even then I find almost everyone speaking against choosing an used automatic transmission SX4.

Can I get some kind guidance from some esteemed members please regarding whether it is wise to proceed and if yes, under what conditions.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i won't recommend it. i have seen mechanics asking shop owners ( different parts) saying this " have to sell the car , just fix it temporarily"
and the dealer went from 4.8 to 3.3 ? this should be enough for you to stay away.

get a new hatchback amt or try other at hatchbacks if budget is a problem.

Thread Starter #3
i won't recommend it. i have seen mechanics asking shop owners ( different parts) saying this " have to sell the car , just fix it temporarily"
and the dealer went from 4.8 to 3.3 ? this should be enough for you to stay away.

get a new hatchback amt or try other at hatchbacks if budget is a problem.
Thanks alot buddy

but can anyone know about SX4 AT is it good car? I wanted to know about SX4 because personally i like SX4 thats the reason im looking forward to buy this beast if price goas well.

its open note SX4 have less resale value compare to other cars because of these factors he is ready to sell 3.30Lacks

kkn13

Suspended
Thanks alot buddy

but can anyone know about SX4 AT is it good car? I wanted to know about SX4 because personally i like SX4 thats the reason im looking forward to buy this beast if price goas well.

its open note SX4 have less resale value compare to other cars because of these factors he is ready to sell 3.30Lacks
Older Maruti ATs are real slushboxes, slow to shift and never really got very popular, hence why AMTs are replacing them in Dzire,Ertiga etc these days
AMT is a bit jerky for my liking too

DSG/DCT is another tranny to avoid since we encounter bumper to bumper traffic everyday

The ideal transmission for most Indian roads are modern CVTs or Torque converter ATs
You can easily score a 3rd gen Honda City AT (CVT) for 3.5-4L with less km on the odometer and more piece of mind with respect to maintenance especially since the current gen Honda City and to an extent the Brio and other Hondas share the same engine and parts with no or minor changes

I own the manual 2010 City and my bill has never crossed 7-8k per service and I only service once in 1-1.2 years
Mileage isnt the best, I get around 9 these days in bumper to bumper Mumbai traffic but my friend claims his identical Honda City CVT gets around the same or just a bit short

As for suspension etc , I suggest upgrading to 185 or 195 tyres(youll anyways have to chance tyres on whichever new car you go for)
Just check the suspension health and watch for sounds when you release the clutch after turning steering completely , alot of Citys in my friend circle have received abuse there though my car is fairly niggle free and I really take good care of my car and I havent really spent on any major part changes till date
If you constantly have 4-5 passengers in the car or heavy weights, it might still touch even with 185 tyres(like my car) but not much at all at least for Mumbai and Pune roads from my own personal experience

The car is a gem and I feel its one of the last true Hondas made, new City feels a bit cheap in comparison in terms of fit and finish

Top Bottom