Confused Between Polo GT TSi and Nissan Micra XV CVT

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends. I am planning to buy a new hatch for my daily use. Confused between Polo GT tsi and Missan Micra XV CVT. This will be mainly for city drive and occasional highway drive. I would love to get polo gt but Nissan micra cvt is very tempting after the price revision. Need help.
Heart says polo gt, head says Nissan micra
Polo gt : Onroad + extended warranty: 10.50 lakhs
micra xv cvt: onroad+ extended warranty+my map india touch screen HU with reverse cam and navigation: 7.90 lakhs.
Please help friends

Polo gt : Onroad + extended warranty: 10.50 lakhs
micra xv cvt: onroad+ extended warranty+my map india touch screen HU with reverse cam and navigation: 7.90 lakhs.
Please help friends
Hello Rajeev23

Micra for the city, GT TSI for the highway. :biggrin:

If your driving route involves more of city traffic and the like, Micra CVT makes more sense. Polo GT TSI is a different animal, it will be better for open roads. From my short stint in the regular Polo, one thing was clear - it handles damn well. With its better engine and quick transmission, GT TSI is bound to be good fun on the highways/ghats.

Since the price difference is around 2.5 Lac, take back to back test drives (Micra first, or else you'll hate it) of the two and find out the one which you are more comfortable with. My pick would be Micra CVT since the motive of an auto-tranny is to reduce driving fatique, which the Micra does very well. Polo GT TSI goes one step ahead to give you the rush as and when needed, and is worth the extra 2.5 Lac over Micra. But for your situation (mainly city use), Micra CVT should come on top. Do note that I haven't driven either of the two cars in question and my advice is purely based on reviews and other online reading material.

Regards,
Alpha

Last edited:
Like @alpha said take a test drive first and then decide, the difference in price is huge. If you are not specifically looking for fun to drive vehicle and only daily commuter then i would suggest Micra.

Being Gt tsi owner i can tell you the top range in not that good, but it drives pretty well. If you are feeling bored than sports mode is always there.[evil]

Never been in micra before so cant comment on how it rides.

Thread Starter #4
Thanks !! I am worried about Micra's 3 pot low power engine and the cvt rubber band effect. Otherwise micra look value for money...They are quoting 32k for touch screen HU with reverse cam and navigation..is it worthy?

I am the owner of a virtually trouble free Micra CVT for the past 3 years. So let me put it this way.
Its like being a companion of an educated being who possesses all the wherewithal for a stress free urban living, and also being very thrifty. But there is a lot of hesitation about being adventurous, about shaking a leg or two, or doing something spicy. It is able bodied for city use, soft suspension doing well at low speeds, and the CVT is very smooth. But take it around a series of bends or try to overtake a slow moving vehicle on a 2 lane road, and you will sense the lack of urgency due to the rubber band effect.
I am also curious to check about @jazzyb5454 observation about GT TSI- where he mentioned about top range not being good, what exactly is meant by that ?
If I have to look at more powerful options to the Micra CVT, would something like the Figo DCT be a good one ?

Thread Starter #7
What about the Quote 32k for touch screen HU with reverse cam and navigation..is it worthy?
I heard Micra facelift will be launched in mid 2017.

What about the Quote 32k for touch screen HU with reverse cam and navigation..is it worthy?
I heard Micra facelift will be launched in mid 2017.
The quote for touchscreen HU should be ok as an official accessory. Dont count on Nissan launching the 2017 Micra in India.

Thanks !! I am worried about Micra's 3 pot low power engine and the cvt rubber band effect. Otherwise micra look value for money...They are quoting 32k for touch screen HU with reverse cam and navigation..is it worthy?
Why not think about the one which has the qualities of both the said cars, and comes for a good price too? Practicality of Micra with good all round visibility, better cabin space, GC etc. Performance comparable to GT and price again closer to Micra as compared to GT. Take a keen look at Figo 1.5 DCT automatic, I guess it is exactly the car you are looking for.

Thread Starter #10
Why not think about the one which has the qualities of both the said cars, and comes for a good price too? Practicality of Micra with good all round visibility, better cabin space, GC etc. Performance comparable to GT and price again closer to Micra as compared to GT. Take a keen look at Figo 1.5 DCT automatic, I guess it is exactly the car you are looking for.
I like Figo as well, but I heard its not a fuel efficient car. Mileage is one of the main factor as this is my daily use car.

kkn13

Suspended
If city driving is more then Micra CVT makes more sense
Its more economical, lower maintenance

GT TSI has DSG , dual clutch systems arent suited for city traffic and issues will arise in future since it heats up and has more wear in bumper to bumper traffic
(We bought a manual petrol 2nd gen Superb instead of DSG for the same reason)
Same issue with Figo DCT, not recommended frankly even if shifts are smoother

Other options include Baleno CVT, the upcoming Ignis(will be AMT but 1.3 MJD diesel engine is a gem, Dzire AMT with the same engine setup has got good reviews off late especially after all other AMT cars are usually termed jerky etc in the past and is apparently improving day by day, a test drive will confirm this though)

Brio CVT is also decent but Im frankly not a big fan of the glass rear hatch door and smallish cabin but then again, I am a 6 footer, 90% of cars dont suit me in the market :D
Brio engine is quite rev happy for a 1.2 and is a hoot to drive overall in the city

With the money saved, you could probably get a bigger car for highway runs in future

I like Figo as well, but I heard its not a fuel efficient car. Mileage is one of the main factor as this is my daily use car.
I can understand that your heart says Polo GT and it is an enthusiast's car to some extent. But if you are looking at mass market cars then why are you limited to Micra? [confused] Somehow I don't like the interiors and everything round in that car.

Frankly i20 Active or even Elite should be the best option for you. And if you're looking for VFM, then why don't you look at Tiago XZ Diesel. One of my friend's father bought it for highway rides and its giving consistently 25-26kmpl.

Thread Starter #13
I can understand that your heart says Polo GT and it is an enthusiast's car to some extent. But if you are looking at mass market cars then why are you limited to Micra? [confused] Somehow I don't like the interiors and everything round in that car.

Frankly i20 Active or even Elite should be the best option for you. And if you're looking for VFM, then why don't you look at Tiago XZ Diesel. One of my friend's father bought it for highway rides and its giving consistently 25-26kmpl.
I am looking for petrol models only. monthly run will be around 400km, so I think petrol auto will be better.

The equation is very clear
CITY DRIVE = Micra XV CVT
HIGWAY DRIVE = Polo GT TSI

Also the price difference is quite big 2.5 lac. So the comparison is not fair. If you can pay that much then I would rather suggest for Punto Abarth. At this price tag you could get tank built type-sportcar [:)]. The Polo's DSG maintenance cost would go high if had any failure.

If you have something CITY:Highway usage ratio as 9:1 or 8:2; then do not think much, go for Micra.

If it's a CVT, it has to be either Honda or Maruti Suzuki.
In other words, either Jazz or Baleno or maybe Amaze, no other CVT is good or tractable enough as these two. Especially the one in Honda; very responsive and is actually close to slushboxes when it comes to responsiveness.

Top Bottom