Confused: Tata Safari Storme vs Mahindra Scorpio vs Mahindra XUV500

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I'm a new member in TAI. I already own a Hyundai Eon Magna+.And now im looking for a SUV.

The options are-:

1. Safari Storme VX
2. XUV 500 W6
3. Scorpio S10.

Please suggest me which one.

Till Then.

Last edited:
well, each vehicle has its own pluses and minuses.

1. Storme:
Absolute king of road, great road presence, highway manners, beast of an engine, fantastic vehicle. Ladder on frame body.

2. XUV 500:
Features loaded vehicle will all the gizmos you will need. good highway manners. Monocoque body

3. Scorpio:
it is a rugged suv, but still in my opinion not in the ranks of Storme.

My Choice would be storme.

Why people may choose XUV?
lots of gizmos tyre tronics, cornering headlamps, front facing 3rd row seats, touch screen etc.

Why I like Storme?
Powerful engine, now the engine is all the more powerful, with 6 speed gear which was missing in older generation of storme. Fantastic JBL ICE, fantastic road presence and a very comfortable vehicle. Though it does not have a touch screen, i would prefer the buttons since I dont want to be distracted while driving and seeing where am I touching on the touch screen. great ground clearence and broad tires which can take any thing on the road with ease.

I can add to confusion, try the hexa it is combination of all the beauties of storme and xuv (lots of features, drive modes, front facing comfortable 3rd row seats, automatic option avaiable) Plus being the first of buyers can expect a fantastic initial launch pricing.

Last edited:
I would say Hexa would the pick as of now.

Feature loaded, Luxury in every aspect, Proven engine, Amazing Automatic reviews, best Ride and handling in the segment, proper crossover with Ladder on frame body(Rugged SUV built) and lot more [:)]

About Service, Tata is coming up in flying colors and the reports from Zest and Tiago owners are fantastic. They bagged JD power award recently for the service/customer satisfaction[clap] So Tata is not same as it was few years back.

Last edited:
I'm actually not sure about the Hexa's pricing. It's gonna be a tough competition between
Safari Storme or XUV 500.
To me the hexa will be priced in the similar range of Storme and XUV. There is a high probability that Hexa may cannabilise the storme atleast with initial pricing . This is what I have a hunch.

I'm not sure about Tata's Service.
Well i would say right now is the time where you can get bang for the buck on tata service front as well. I have had good expericne with tata service for the past year I cannot say best but certainly it was good. AMC also save a lot of money. They are ethical in the way warranty and free replacement were honoured without any fuss

With maruti i have faced that what ever parts was gone it was never under warranty be it brake liner, or clutch or auto lock. tatas are ethical atleast.

So you should have no problem with either the storme or hexa service in tata. be sure you get the max amc and warranty

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'm a new member in TAI. I already own a Hyundai Eon Magna+.And now im looking for a SUV.

The options are-:

1. Safari Storme VX
2. XUV 500 W6
3. Scorpio S10.

Please suggest me which one.

Till Then.
Well I was in the same dilema when I purchased the XUV 4 years back. I am a die hard fan of Safari from my childhood. And still I love driving my cousins Safari and Storme (yes, he has both). But when it comes to owning one I would bend to XUV, that's my personal opinion.
Reason behind my decision is the A.S.S. People say it has improved or improving but I see my cousin going mad every time he gets his car back from service or his other visits to the service center. Even a couple of my friends have a mix opinion on the A.S.S.
Also if I would be in the market I would not opt for Hexa straight as it is a new launch and you never know what would be the scenario, remember when XUV was lanched..so many niggles and issues.
Talking about XUV well the A.S.S is anyday better then TATA. And my XUV has done 89k on ODO without any niggles and issues (touchwood[;)]).
Now both XUV and Storme fall under same price segment. Both have nice and powerful engine and stance on the road but yes Storme has more of a macho look. But you gonna spend more time inside the car rather than outside and I think XUV has an upper hand comparing to Storme since its a fully loaded cockpit in there.
Manuverabiltiy at high speeds is better in XUV then Storme because of the designs of both these beasts. FE would be almost similar for both of them. My personal best is 17.9 kmpl on a hihgway trip[;)]. Ride quality, well it goes to storme when it comes to going through potholes, on tarmac both are excellent. XUV is bit easier to manoeuvre in city as comapred to Storme (Well that's just my personal thought as I have driven both extensively in city limits).
So you gotta jod down your requirements and test drive both the cars and see which meets most of your requirements.

Top Bottom