What Car? Mahindra XUV500 W10 or Scorpio S10

xuv w10 or scorpio s10

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
Hello guys

How is it going i am a very silent reader of Automotive India and i like the page a lot and even visit the page 10 times per day

As the need for the second car came i am confused which car to buy a scorpio or Xuv ?

My requirments are

1) should be commanding and overtake the bad roads and potholes
2) it is used for long drives including my wife and 5 year old
3) whatever the road whatever the climate whatever the time should be king of road

your suggestions and advises means a lot for me pls kindly advise

Thanks
Kanna

kkn13

Suspended
I owned the CRDI scorpio and it was very bouncy and extremely scary at high speed, XUV is apparently better being a monocoque but still scary at cornering, my SIL has one
Id still suggest Innova (old gen is still in stock at same places) , Hexa(needs time to prove itself,personally I wouldnt recommend), Duster AWD, used Fortuner(easy to get in the market and very reliable and easy to maintain,Toyotas are generally safe buys but get it checked at the service centre before buying,nothing comes close to this as the overall car for your requirements)

Just one line to put it all:
"If you can afford XUV W10 then why even bother to look at the Scorpio?"

Rest if you are interested then I would suggest you take a keen look at the Innova 2.4 V, it is actually superior to both the above said products and will satisfy all your needs also quite well. Scorpio and XUV any ways have the quality issues and one can find plenty of them coming up time and again on various Scorpio and XUV fault and issues threads, this is where Innova excels other than already better engine, comfort, drivetrain, suspension and dynamics.

Thread Starter #4
Just one line to put it all:
"If you can afford XUV W10 then why even bother to look at the Scorpio?"

Rest if you are interested then I would suggest you take a keen look at the Innova 2.4 V, it is actually superior to both the above said products and will satisfy all your needs also quite well. Scorpio and XUV any ways have the quality issues and one can find plenty of them coming up time and again on various Scorpio and XUV fault and issues threads, this is where Innova excels other than already better engine, comfort, drivetrain, suspension and dynamics.
Thank you so Much sir Innova basic model starts at 20 lacs but with these 20 lacs we can get a top end Xuv with more features than innova

Honestly will TD A Innova today but was being said that innova cant do well in bad roads and pot holes scorpio will do any roads and any time

Thanks for your lovely Adivce sir

I owned the CRDI scorpio and it was very bouncy and extremely scary at high speed, XUV is apparently better being a monocoque but still scary at cornering, my SIL has one
Id still suggest Innova (old gen is still in stock at same places) , Hexa(needs time to prove itself,personally I wouldnt recommend), Duster AWD, used Fortuner(easy to get in the market and very reliable and easy to maintain,Toyotas are generally safe buys but get it checked at the service centre before buying,nothing comes close to this as the overall car for your requirements)
Sir i was being told that the refreshed scorpio has been done all the complaints raised by existing scorpio owners and looks good and old innovas are not available in my city and used fortuners are being priced high [frustration]

thanks for your advice

Kanna

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so Much sir Innova basic model starts at 20 lacs but with these 20 lacs we can get a top end Xuv with more features than innova
I guess the mid variant Inniva Crysta VX shall fell in your budget as it is priced as much as XUV W10 as much I remember. The top end ZX will overshoot for sure. XUV will give more features but mark my word, XUV gives more issues too. Innova will give a very blissful ownership experience with a super strong resale value too. Innova hardly depreciates you know.

Honestly will TD A Innova today but was being said that innova cant do well in bad roads and pot holes scorpio will do any roads and any time

Thanks for your lovely Adivce sir
I guess I can reply this one quite well. I have owned 2 Innova in past and my friend owns a Scorpio S10. Our site being in a village is a far cry from what we call roads. Only potholes and bad roads. That is where we found the Scorpio to be super effective and we literally used to rally the Scorpio on this bad roads at speeds those even an XUV owner also won't imagine there. The car did over 60k kms in just one year (we used to take it on very long highway drives too and it was 100+ kms daily run to and fro for site only) but nothing ever went wrong. The steady steed really impressed us there with its ruggedness.

During the same interval, Innova was also driven to same place multiple times. What Innova offered was a more comfortable drive on the bad roads with a better ride quality and more ease of driving. Ya we couldnt rally it on bad roads like Scorpio because we were concerned but still we used to be fastest in the bad stretches. Innova also has proven and rugged mechanicals because it is also a body on frame chassis after all.

Where XUV gives you features and performance, Scorpio gives you reliability and ruggedness while the Innova will give you an overall package with acceptable performance, rugged nature and a sublime comfort under all the conditions and that's what makes Innova a perfect people mover. Where Innova will any ways lag is the FE, it's fuel economy will be around 1-1.5 kpl lower than that of Scorpio and XUV. Where XUV managed 15-15.5 on highways, the Scorpio does 15 and Innova will give 14-14.5 or maybe 15 if you drive sane.

bhvm

Honoured Member
1> Scorpio. (XUV is a Softroader, not suitable for bad roads or abuse.)
2> XUV.
3> XUV.

Since you will be usually only be 3~4 people travelling, Take a look at Creta, Duster and S-cross.

2> XUV.
3> XUV.
For no. 2 & 3 stated by BHVM, I would like to state that his XUV has been through:
1> Clutch failure
2> Clutch failure
3> Now check engine light is ON

Enough said, this is where Scorpio and Innova Crysta shine. C'mon bhvm sirji; at least you should accept that Crysta is a superior vehicle. This is when we at times discussed and even fought to Mahindra guys over the issues in XUV of ours or others. Dr_Sachin was an off case for me where I couldn't find any other alternative to XUV going by his requirements.

My requirments are
Both XUV and Scorpio is much competitive in this field. XUV goes over Scorpio in this case.

XUV is a comfortable one with comparatively less body roll than Scorpio

3) whatever the road whatever the climate whatever the time should be king of road
Both are good with these and for the road conditions, Scorpio has better GC than the XUV

Replies in Bold.

Thread Starter #9
2> XUV.
3> XUV.

Since you will be usually only be 3~4 people travelling, Take a look at Creta, Duster and S-cross.
Thank you so much for your advise creta my wife did not like it duster renault service is hit or miss cant even imagine Mahindra is changing now a days want to give a chance to Mahindra [:D]

My requirments are
Both XUV and Scorpio is much competitive in this field. XUV goes over Scorpio in this case.

XUV is a comfortable one with comparatively less body roll than Scorpio

Both are good with these and for the road conditions, Scorpio has better GC than the XUV

Replies in Bold.

Thank you so Much Sir for your kindly reply as of now going with xuvww10 which will be the vehicle i will drive for next 3-4 years will consider scorpio once i sell my current santro heart goes for scorpio and mind goes for xuv5oo[:D]

bhvm

Honoured Member
For no. 2 & 3 stated by BHVM, I would like to state that his XUV has been through:
1> Clutch failure
2> Clutch failure
3> Now check engine light is ON

Enough said, this is where Scorpio and Innova Crysta shine. C'mon bhvm sirji; at least you should accept that Crysta is a superior vehicle. This is when we at times discussed and even fought to Mahindra guys over the issues in XUV of ours or others. Dr_Sachin was an off case for me where I couldn't find any other alternative to XUV going by his requirements.
Saarji! When did I have 2 clutch failures?
And exactly scorpio nor Safari storme are immune from clutch issues.

While Toyota does make reliable cars, they're horrendously expensive. I do not like the way japs loot us, hence i am a bit reluctant to suggest innova. Also, Innova still not a an SUV, and definitely cannot be called as "king of the road". I do have a soft corer for India designed/Made cars.

OP's 2nd point was regarding long comfortable journey, for which XUV wins. Highway manners are better than Scorpio or safari.

Point 3 was about weather. In that case OP can go for XUV AWD and upgrade to nice AT tyres.

Saarji! When did I have 2 clutch failures?
And exactly scorpio nor Safari storme are immune from clutch issues.
I am sorry saarji, you had just one [lol]
Your power window has gone kaput at 58k kms though [clap]

I was talking about this thread:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ywheel-gone-bad-twice-49k-kms.html#post467926

And this one too

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...ra-xuv500-technical-problems-solutions-4.html

While Toyota does make reliable cars, they're horrendously expensive. I do not like the way japs loot us, hence i am a bit reluctant to suggest innova.
Saarji, let me be honest and being a good person at heart, let me give you a helping hand:
Niggles & issues with the Toyota Innova Crysta - Team-BHP

Now we can have a proper thoughtful debate :biggrin:

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Sirji,
You forgot about-
Reverse/Security hooter failure
Infotainment & Touchscreen issues
Low beam projector misaligned

What I liked is no fuss attitude from Mahindra who openly accepted & rectified the issues. only problem is they do cause some time pass.
Sure one will be angry when his 15 lac rupee vehicle throws tantrums, but he will be more angry when his 30 lac one does too.

Lets take this debate to some more apt thread so Mr OP can buy his vehicle in peace.

Sirji,
You forgot about-

What I liked is no fuss attitude from Mahindra who openly accepted & rectified the issues. only problem is they do cause some time pass.
Sure one will be angry when his 15 lac rupee vehicle throws tantrums, but he will be more angry when his 30 lac one does too.

Lets take this debate to some more apt thread so Mr OP can buy his vehicle in peace.
Sorry saarji, I hope the OP takes a not of all these issues in a 15 lac+ costing XUV.

I am a poor man who has lived with the cab car Innova for a real long time and the last thing that I would want in my car is being stranded in the middle of nowhere. So for me it is reliability over every feature etc.

Thread Starter #14
Sorry saarji, I hope the OP takes a not of all these issues in a 15 lac+ costing XUV.

I am a poor man who has lived with the cab car Innova for a real long time and the last thing that I would want in my car is being stranded in the middle of nowhere. So for me it is reliability over every feature etc.

OHOOOO NOW I AM CONFUSED I CHANGED MY BOOKING TO SCORPIO S10 [frustration][frustration][frustration]

Sirji,
You forgot about-

SIRJI CONFUSED I AM PLANNING FOR S10 SCORPIO [confused][confused][confused]

If you strictly want to choose a car between these two then get XUV 500 W10 or if you really want to fulfil your requirements then Tata Safari Storme is the one and only car for you. My brother has Safari Dicor LX 2.2 bought in 2009 driven around 146*** kms, still its awesome in Bad roads. Better test drive whole heartedly all these 3 cars.

Top Bottom