Buying a New Car For Rs.6 - 7 Lakh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi all,
I am looking to buy a new car in the range 6 7 lacs in Delhi. Short listed ones are Baleno, Ford Aspire, xcent, amaze and ameo. Monthly running is 300km. Pls advice

I am in the same boat as you. I shortlisted Figo (D), Baleno, Ameo (P), i20 & Jazz.

Figo (D) has a very good motor and very exciting to drive. I did not like the output of audio system, and doors closing sound did not give me confidence. Build quality is ok though. The deal breaker for me was very high insurance value quoted by Ford dealer.

I very much like i20, the build quality is great. Fit and finish is class leading. Deal breaker here is low mileage.

Jazz is very practical and build quality is good. I heard a lot about low torque in first gear. Low mileage ruined the deal here as well.

I was very much interested in Ameo (P) first but then low rear legroom and under-powered/un-refined 3pot engine did not give me much confidence. Also high parts/repair costs is a major drawback here.

Then comes Baleno Zeta (P), I checked it thoroughly as one of my colleague has just bought the same model. It is typically a Maruti car. But the features given in this price is unmatched. Also car looks brilliant on those 16 inch wheels. Mileage is as usual Maruti class and proven Swift motor. Acres of space inside. Insurance cost of very reasonable even with engine cover and RTI covers.

Though I find Baleno quite big with its bulbous design, may be difficult to drive in congested city traffic. Sheet metal is ok. I checked another Baleno which is 8 months old with the newer one that my colleague bought, when you knock on metal body the newer one feels better. This may be just me, I am still checking with other older Baleno to verify the difference. Its not i20 class build but still comparable with segment.

Hope this will help you.

Hi all,
I am looking to buy a new car in the range 6 7 lacs in Delhi. Short listed ones are Baleno, Ford Aspire, xcent, amaze and ameo. Monthly running is 300km. Pls advice
Hello titane

Please list down your requirements in detail for us to suggest you accordingly.

Have a look at this thread -

http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/car-shopper/1298-template-car-buying-queries-must-read.html

Every car has its own set of pros and cons. Xcent and Baleno are typically better of the shortisted cars in my books. [:)]

Regards,
Alpha

I would suggest Figo diesel Trend Variant. Cheaper to maintain and great to drive. A great VFM with fabulous mileage.

Maruti's are not cheap to maintain anymore. Hyundai i20 is underpowered but a good package.

Jazz could be a good option but mileage is a downer.

kkn13

Suspended
I would suggest Figo diesel Trend Variant. Cheaper to maintain and great to drive. A great VFM with fabulous mileage.

Maruti's are not cheap to maintain anymore..
Not true, Marutis are still cheapest to maintain and easy parts etc , Hyundai and Honda come close though
Ford is slightly tougher and slightly more expensive

Baleno Diesel is a fantastic car imho

Not true, Marutis are still cheapest to maintain and easy parts etc , Hyundai and Honda come close though
Ford is slightly tougher and slightly more expensive

Baleno Diesel is a fantastic car imho
I own a All new Fiesta that has run 25000 kms. My service bill at 10000 kms is 1700 Rs and 20000 kms is 4300 Rs. I'm pretty sure Aspire would be cheaper than Fiesta.

Maruti and Hyundai could come close but not cheap for a Diesel sedan than Ford IMHO.

kkn13

Suspended
I own a All new Fiesta that has run 25000 kms. My service bill at 10000 kms is 1700 Rs and 20000 kms is 4300 Rs. I'm pretty sure Aspire would be cheaper than Fiesta.

Maruti and Hyundai could come close but not cheap for a Diesel sedan than Ford IMHO.
No, I owned a Ritz DDIS and my cousin owns Fiesta diesel, Figo Diesel and Baleno Diesel
1.3 MJD is one of the most popular engines in India and is made by Fiat and found in multiple cars by Fiat,Maruti,Tata,Chevrolet. The best iterations of this engine are found in Maruti and Fiat cars and is relatively very cheap and easy to maintain.
Ford isnt bad at all by any means but in terms of after sales, expenses , 1.3 MJD has the clear edge
That being said, I myself might buy a Figo Diesel since I sold my Ritz and will probably need a good city car with good torque
Baleno is also on my list but I want something different this time since we already have had the same engine(1.3 MJD) in so many of our cars in the past few years in my family(Ritz,Swift,Ertiga,Vitara Brezza,Baleno etc)

BTW OP should check out Swift Dzire Diesel AMT if he wants, good driveability with a powerful engine

Last edited:
I've attached the service bills of my 2015 Fiesta for reference. I have to highlight that we still have 2010 Figo Diesel that has covered 290000 kms which was given to our manager for site visits in 2014. I covered 200000kms before handing over for business needs. The average billing for Figo was around 4500 and the highest bill at 120k and 240k for timing belt change was around 15k each. I've all the bills and can provide info on each bill if need be.
I would like to see the bills from Maruti owners for cars covered such distances before I believe that Maruti is cheaper to own. All of my friends and family who own Maruti Diesel cars recently report 6-7000 Rs. for each service.

Attachments

kkn13

Suspended
I cant upload my bills at the moment since Im out of station but my bills were always within 2-3k for general services like you posted above
even extra services were cheap

I cant upload my bills at the moment since Im out of station but my bills were always within 2-3k for general services like you posted above
The New Swift/Dzire uses 5w-40 synthetic oil and it costs 2840 for 3.1 litres. The PMS charge average is about 1200 to 1400 based on cities. Drain plug costs 74.
This itself costs close to 5000 with taxes.

With gear oil, coolant, fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter and brake fluid changes at specified intervals would add up.

I've just obtained these figures from the service manager from Ambal Auto Maruti authorised dealer here. He said he can unofficially provide copies of various bills.

He said the average billing would be around 6000 for normal service, 8000 for medium and 10000 for major service. If anyone beg to differ, I would like to see proof.

Maruti ownership costs are cheaper is a myth which no longer holds good. I may agree on the cost of spares being cheaper and that is purely because of economies of scale as they get prices for large quantities.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I agree with frevin. No way maruti is the cheapest to maintain. Friends wagons cng costs around 7k. The reason ? They have started using fully synthetic oil. No offense but clear your misconception about maruti having the lowest maintenance.
FYI - i have posted parts comparison between the new aspire and the swift desire in my figo thread and most of the parts including clutch oil filter air filter costs exactly the same.

As far as baleno is concerned , the engine is peppy but again it is a tin can and build to cost. Agreed it is priced lower than the elite i20 but i20 is worth the price so my recommendation to OP will be elite i20.

To OP - if you want the whole package buy the tiago petrol top model. It will cost 5.3 lakhs on road with all Bells and whistles. Very vfm product.

Last edited:
Dear F4frewin, kkn13 and allhyundaicars

The discussion is going off topic. Please let the OP revert back and confirm whether he is really interested in low maintenance cost or not. It does not make sense to discuss maintenance costs in detail without clarification from the OP. [:)]

Regards,
Alpha

kkn13

Suspended
As far as baleno is concerned , the engine is peppy but again it is a tin can and build to cost. Agreed it is priced lower than the elite i20 but i20 is worth the price so my recommendation to OP will be elite i20.

To OP - if you want the whole package buy the tiago petrol top model. It will cost 5.3 lakhs on road with all Bells and whistles. Very vfm product.
Sheet metal shouldnt be used to judge safety of a car.Period
otherwise HM Ambassador should be the king of safety

Elite i20? the same engine underperforms in the i10 grand itself, its even more underwhelming in the i20

Tiago isnt in the same league as the i20 or the Baleno.....
Its too new in the market and has a lacklustre 3 cylinder engine too
Interiors are the only thing gunning for it
Tata still has a long way to go

Thread Starter #14
Thank you for responding fast.
I'm looking for a petrol model, priorities are for safety, comfort for drivers and passengers, maintenance.
Almost zeroed in on Aspire, Td has done and found acceleration in 2nd gear is a concern. Also very few visible in Delhi.

kkn13

Suspended
The New Swift/Dzire uses 5w-40 synthetic oil and it costs 2840 for 3.1 litres. The PMS charge average is about 1200 to 1400 based on cities. Drain plug costs 74.
This itself costs close to 5000 with taxes.

With gear oil, coolant, fuel filter, air filter, cabin filter and brake fluid changes at specified intervals would add up.

I've just obtained these figures from the service manager from Ambal Auto Maruti authorised dealer here. He said he can unofficially provide copies of various bills.

He said the average billing would be around 6000 for normal service, 8000 for medium and 10000 for major service. If anyone beg to differ, I would like to see proof.

Maruti ownership costs are cheaper is a myth which no longer holds good. I may agree on the cost of spares being cheaper and that is purely because of economies of scale as they get prices for large quantities.
Not really, I shall send you proof via PM once I am back home then
Back to topic pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom