Buying a Second Hand Mahindra XUV500 W10

Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

I am from Mumbai and recently I came across a Mahindra XUV 500 W10 which is a 2012 model. The car has a run about 59000 K.m. The owner of the car is quoting about 7.25 lacs but can negotiate up-to 7 lacs.

The car is white in color and is in good condition and has no scratches or dents. The interiors are good and equipped with all accessories.

Also had a test ride and the car runs smooth with slight engine noise (as i think which most Mahindra car makes)

Need help whether its a good bargain? Do I need to check out the other details of the car too?

kkn13

Suspended
Re: Buying a second hand Mahindra XUV 500W10

Id say get an evalutation of the car done just to be safe
ps- if there are excess cabin vibrations from the engine, it could be an engine mount failure(costed me 10k per mount on my CRV)
^Im assuming thats the engine noise you might have heard(common in cars after a couple of years)

Im also assuming tyres might need to be changed because of mileage and age(check for cracks etc)

Re: Buying a second hand Mahindra XUV 500W10

60k Run car for 7 lakhs is a decent price for XUV and 2012 models are from the first batches I believe.

Could please say more about the engine noise? Anything unusual from other diesel cars, I'd better stay away apart from turbo spools and clatters while idling.

Check the brakes and suspensions extensively.

Not sure if W10 model was present at that when it was launched. It was only W6 and W8 models. This should be the vehicle from the first batch as its a 2012 model please check for all the niggles.

bhvm

Honoured Member
There was no W10 in 2012. Must be W8 it seems.

Do a thorough check of niggles before buying. The price is a good deal.
Thanks.

kkn13

Suspended
BTW according to TBHP forums, last few batches of XUV are best since most niggles are ironed out
Id suggest checking out various ownership reports across the internet first and take a decisive call before buying

Off topic but yesterday my friend who has BMW X3 and other cars in his family thought XUV500 W8 was a V8 for some reason and suggested the car to me since Im also in the market for a used 2013 CRV [clap] :lol!:

Last edited:
Take the vehicle if the owner permits to the mahindra service hook it up with diagnostics and also get an evaluation by putting it up on the ramp at the service centre.If you have a known mechanic even better.Spend a little amount in knowing the insides of the car before sealing the deal.[:)].All the best !

kkn13

Suspended
^^ In addition to this, Id suggest buying a decent OBD module like ELM327 and see if any error codes show up
Check tyres and brake biting power (keep in mind , highly likely you will need to change both but check it out anyway and haggle price using it as a reason)

Check speakers using the balance and side setting, Ive noticed some used cars show signs of leakage in the door if the speaker doesnt work (Ive bought a few cars like this and found out later using the same method)

Check for cabin vibrations from the engine as engine mounts cost 10k a piece(4-6 in most cars if Im not wrong) for certain SUVs like CRV

Check Turbo in case its faulty etc

^^ In case you are unable to take it to Mahindra for whatever reason

Also its best to have a contact in the Mahindra service centre for a more honest evaluation or try and chat up the mechanics while evaluating

Top Bottom