Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: Petrol or Diesel

Thread Starter #1
Hello,

I am planning to buy new ciaz car.

My average yearly usage is 8000 to 10000 kms.

Considering the same, petrol seems better.

But I would like to know if anyone is using ciaz or have real experience of its mileage.

What mileage ciaz petrol gives in city and highway?

Another thing is, diesel have attractive mileage due to which we tend to buy diesel but being limited usage I feel it will give more maintenance then petrol.

Can anyone share about ciaz diesel maintenance?

hi, welcome to TAI. as you said your yearly running is 8000-10000, i don't think you will need a diesel. by the way, ciaz petrol is good in city traffic, also good for highway. but not that good as the other cars of its segment. i have driven the petrol version. but haven't drive the diesel yet. why don't you consider the fiat linea and honda city? their petrol engines are superb.

kkn13

Suspended
I owned a Ritz VDI for 5.5 years until last month(Shares the same engine with Ciaz but the Ciaz has a VGT instead of FGT and is a lot more refined)
Maintenance is not at all high for a diesel car , in fact it was more or less on par with my Honda city
Both cars are driven equally and I found the Ritz a pleasure to drive , the sheer torque for a car that size was insane and going by my TD of the Brezza, I think it should be equally punchy in the Ciaz

Honda City is worth checking out too but Id get the Petrol City since its more refined and less noisy

Both the Ciaz and the City are easily the best in segment overall and offer good value and performance

Ciaz has some great discounts going right now too

It is no brainier . Go for Ciaz petrol. BTW I own a Ciaz SHVS , but monthly average is 2000 which justifies a Diesel.

Top Bottom