Looking For Best Petrol Car Under Rs.6 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
hello there gentlemen
i am planning to buy a car (preferably petrol ) so could you guys please suggest me best deal i can have under 6 lakh rupees
Thank in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Looking for Best Petrol Car under 6 lakhs

Hello Vivekyadav171,
Welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com
Kindly jot down your requirements for the car you are going to have to suggest you better.

In my personal opinion you can go either for Grand i10 or Baleno for the given budget.

You should take a look at the Tata Tiago.It's the best car in it's segment.You will be able to afford the top-end model with all the exclusive features of this car.

You can read the detailed review here on TheAutomotiveIndia Reviews Section :)

Go for Liva. Safe car.
Agreed.But it is out of his budget [lol] The Base Model starts at 5.7L and on-road will be close to 6LWhy would you get an utter Base Variant of a Car,When you can get the Top-end Variant of another car which is just a tier below it ?

Also the Base Variant Etios Liva doesn't have any safety features apart from seatbelts.
Whereas the Top-end Tiago offers much more features overall and in safety,It offers Dual Airbags,ABS,EBD,Stability Control.etc

All for the same On-road 6 Lakh rupees :)

Thread Starter #6

Hello Vivekyadav171,
Welcome to TheAutomotiveIndia.com
Kindly jot down your requirements for the car you are going to have to suggest you better.

In my personal opinion you can go either for Grand i10 or Baleno for the given budget.
rectified as per template

fuel type- petrol
seating capacity -5 adults
top 5 priorities - safety(abs airbag is a must), low maintenance, good pickup, comfort, looks
monthly running- about 1000km
use- occasional
type of segment - hatchback/sedan
a new car only
location- gorakhpur, UP

fuel type- petrol
top 5 priorities - safety(abs airbag is a must), low maintenance, good pickup, comfort, looks
use- occasional
a new car only
location- gorakhpur, UP
For the price of 6Lakhs,Look no further than the best in segment - Tata Tiago XZ Petrol
You get the Top-end of the car m8 :)

You know about Tiago's Safety,Especially the Top-end one with Dual Airbags,ABS,EBD and Stability Control.Tata has improved build quality drastically so expect maintenance to be low,The 1.2L chruns 84 Bhp which is great power,It has great looking interiors and beautiful exteriors.Though seating 5 Adults is a bit hard,It should be fine with 4.It's obviously a Hatchback.Hopefully you can get it in UP.Just visit a Tata Dealer near to you.

good point gentleman tiago is packed in all features and everything but i am wary of backseat legroom in tiago, comfort is one of prime requirements
If you look at the segment,It's filled with Beat,Brio,Celerio.The Tiago offers better Rear Legroom than all of these cars

fuel type- petrol
use- occasional
a new car only
location- gorakhpur, UP
Take a look at the Maruti Suzuki WagonR for its huge space and worth a lot for your money you invest in it.

Take a look at the Maruti Suzuki WagonR for its huge space and worth a lot for your money you invest in it.
Unsafe Car.Look at his top 5 priorities.When you spot Safety there,You cannot really recommend a Maruti there

Why dont you look at Tata Zest- they are offering fantastic discounts, I heard that the XT model can be had for around 7 lac- if you can stretch a bit, you will get a bigger, roomier, safer car than the hatchbacks.

Why dont you look at Tata Zest- they are offering fantastic discounts, I heard that the XT model can be had for around 7 lac- if you can stretch a bit, you will get a bigger, roomier, safer car than the hatchbacks.
If he can wait till January 2017,There will be good discounts on 2016 Cars.

Unsafe Car.Look at his top 5 priorities.When you spot Safety there,You cannot really recommend a Maruti there
Apart from safety Maruti is more easy on our pocket in terms of maintenance, comfortness, good fuel efficiency, etc. And none other company can beat Maruti in these aspects. And he has said that he needs 5 Adults seating capacity comfortably, nowadays no other company offers roominess and lesser price tag other than Maruti. But Maruti has thought it more neatly than any other competitors.

TATA tiago even though it is spacious it will not be much roomier (not much airy like the WagonR) and cheaper than the WagonR in terms of long term running cost. And the tall boy design of the WagonR surely turns heads than the Tiago or any other car.

Apart from safety Maruti is more easy on our pocket in terms of maintenance, comfortness, good fuel efficiency, etc. And none other company can beat Maruti in these aspects. And he has said that he needs 5 Adults seating capacity comfortably, nowadays no other company offers roominess and lesser price tag other than Maruti. But Maruti has thought it more neatly than any other competitors.

TATA tiago even though it is spacious it will not be much roomier (not much airy like the WagonR) and cheaper than the WagonR in terms of long term running cost. And the tall boy design of the WagonR surely turns heads than the Tiago or any other car.
When you spot someone has Safety as TOP Priority You aren't supposed to recommend a car that has the complete utter lack of it.Yes,Maruti is quite good on pocket on both Maintainence and Fuel Efficiency.But the Tiago is no different.Tata has upped the quality of their parts.They even made an endurance run on a track on the Tiago and They broke previous records and set 360 Records with that endurance run.This proves a lot on how reliable Tata Cars have become.Coming to Fuel Efficiency,The Petrol motor of the Tiago is much newer and is more efficient than the Wagon R,The Tiago also has DTE Meter,Instant FE Indicator,All which the Wagon R doesn't have.The feel of Wagon R being roomier is because of the great headroom of that car.It's an advantage of being a tallboy.And by your logic he said 5 Adults,Why wouldn't we recommend the Datsun GO Plus ? Isn't it a roomier car ? You know why we don't [lol]

And to be serious,I have never seen ONE Wagon R turning heads.It was a good but boring looking design.Whereas the Tiago,I've seen so many people drool at how cute and cheeky it looks.It's a fresh design and many people didn't know and couldn't believe it was a Tata

The Tiago is a much newer,Far better car than the Wagon R.

Last edited:

Top Bottom