Help Needed To Choose MUV/MPV Under Rs.10 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
help me in selecting MUV below 10 lakhs
Your Budget: 10 lakh

New or Used:* New

Your Location: Patna

Top Five Priorities:* safety, confort , low maintenance, good design, good ground clearance

Monthly Running: 250 km

Type of Fuel: diesel, petrol

For What Purpose:* regular use

Seating Capacity:* more than six

Type of Segment: MUV

Re: Help Needed in Choosing MUV/MPV under 10 Lakhs

help me in selecting MUV below 10 lakhs
Your Budget: 10 lakh

For What Purpose:* regular use

Seating Capacity:* more than six

Type of Segment: MUV
I don't think of any other MUV other than Ertiga ZXI, go ahead and book one for yourself because you say your monthly running is only 250kms and there's no need to buy a diesel, it might be little cramped for More than six members, but will serve your purpose. The ZXI has all the features, good looks and good amount of GC.

Re: Help Needed in Choosing MUV/MPV under 10 Lakhs

I don't think of any other MUV other than Ertiga ZXI, go ahead and book one for yourself because you say your monthly running is only 250kms and there's no need to buy a diesel, it might be little cramped for More than six members, but will serve your purpose. The ZXI has all the features, good looks and good amount of GC.
I second that. My BIL has it for the past 2+ years. Beautiful MPV under 10L. He has no regrets buying. Yes, a bit cramped. I guess, family members will get used to it.

Yes Ertiga is a great choice for a MUV under 10 lakhs .Backed by maruti service it should be easy to maintain .Take a few test drives with your family so that you can involve them and have a passengers perspective also.The newer models also have flexy seating of 3rd rows !

1> Maruti Eritga
2> Mahindra Xylo.
As well a good contender, but I don't feel he has a need for diesel given the monthly running average.

3> Chevy enjoy.
The production is stopped and I won't suggest this vehicle at all

4> Honda BRV (base models perhaps)
Ertiga ZXI has all the needed features, no point in going for base models right?

IMO the OP himself has answered himself, only Ertiga fits the bill here going by the budget, requirements and monthly running. Ertiga ZXi must be the default choice here.

Can't he go for Renault Lodgy[surprise], And I think the new World Edition will fit in the budget, Ertiga somewhat looks outdated. It might be the best choice but i think you should also check out Lodgy once.

If you can check for Tata Movus (Sumo Grande).. I know it is not the first choice for family mover, but with acres of space and reliable engine and sturdy frame for semi urban patches in Bihar, it is a good vehicle.

Check the sub 4 m Bolero as well.

Cheers !!

SG

IMO, TWO modern MPVs available NOW are Ertiga and Mobilio. Both have their plus and minus points. Compared to Suzuki's 1.4Lit engine, Honda's 1.5Lit engine will carry 7 people with less drama. BUT, a quick glance here (https://www.cardekho.com/compare/honda-mobilio-and-maruti-ertiga.htm) and I see that the S i VTEC model does NOT have ABS [confused]

If it is true, Ertiga edges ahead.

If it is false, the Honda wins (20-30K difference is nothing much for the Honda engine and the BADGE).

Other contenders ... ... ...
NEXT thread PLEASE [;)]

bhvm

Honoured Member
IMO, TWO modern MPVs available NOW are Ertiga and Mobilio. Both have their plus and minus points. Compared to Suzuki's 1.4Lit engine, Honda's 1.5Lit engine will carry 7 people with less drama.
As well a good contender, but I don't feel he has a need for diesel given the monthly running average.
Just offered an Option. If OP wants a rugged vehicle with diesel Punch (I am sure direveablity is much better than eritga, Esp during ghats etc), Xylo would win clearly.

BTW, is mobilio still there? I thought BRV replaced it whole & Sole.

Lodgy, I am not sure. The name itself sounds "Boxy".
Bolero & Sumo would be too stiff/Crude for family use.

Last edited:

kkn13

Suspended
I own a City 2010 and owned a CRV too
but honestly the mobilio and BRV just fail to impress
only engine refinement and drivability are good

Id get the Ertiga overall
engine lacks a bit of punch though but its very planted and feels like a fresh design in terms of comfort etc

Top Bottom