Ecosport TDCi Titanium vs Trend+ vs Creta 1.5P E+

Thread Starter #1
As for everyone, the car buying decision has me al confused.
Earlier i had my mind and budget set for Ecosport TDCi Trend+, but once i took TD of ES in Tit+ variant, i couldnt help but sway towards the next upper variant i.e. Titanium, ala Keyless Entry and Go, Alloy Wheels, Sync System, Parking Sensors. Now having set my mind on Titanium I had already increased my budget by 70k.

Then went my mind on a stroll one fine evening and ended up looking for Creta Petrol E+ variant on some site, which is again 30-35k more than the Titanium variant. From all the reviews, Creta has plusher interiors, is handsome looking and more spacious than ES. It doesnt have any bells and whistles like ES but fulfills basic requirement of ABS, Airbags, EBD, acceptable ride quality, decent 1.6 engine(?). Havent test driven Creta Petrol till now due to unavailability, and non-decisiveness of mine.

What should I do?
(Considering the car and finances both)

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
What's your daily running ? You are comparing a diesel car to a petrol.
I just don't understand the hype for creta. I dont think creta has plusher Interrors than the ecosport.

I'd any day recommend ecosport over the creta just because the former is true vfm. You get a powerful diesel plus extra features.
I'd recommend s cross as well. Take a td and you will like it.

Thread Starter #3
Thank you allhyundaicars for the reply, daily running is expected to be 800-1000 km/month. I dont mind the mileage unless its very poor. I am not hyped for creta, it just gives me more real estate as compared to ecosport and is quite handsome to look at. I am interested to know if Creta Petrol will be as capable as ES, no doubt at a higher price.
I respect ES a lot, it is one of my favorite vehicles. But at the moment, I just want to get as much ROI as possible.
Also if i go for ES, which I will most probably, which variant to go for is more troubling decision for me right now. Trend+ vs Titanium.
Also any idea, is ES expected to get any discounts on Diwali?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Trend plus should be sufficient. The only thing missing is the reverse parking sensors which I am sure dealer will install for free plus 20-30k cash discounts easily.
Titanium has other bells and whistles like alloys , push button start and many more features so depends on you Ifor you want these features or not.
Both will have good resale value. Creta's will be better no doubt.
I have a verna 1.6 and creta has the same engine , I get 8-10 kmpl in city with 100% ac so I guess creta's mileage should be the same.

But since your running is just 800-1000 , you don't need a diesel according to me. Take a td of both petrol variants and then decide..

Thread Starter #5
Well, as i already said, mileage is not important for me.. But other factors like roi, interiors, ownership experience, driving experience.. Is what i want to know.
Also from reviews, ES petrol is not what i am preferring.
Also, i think alloy wheels, push button start are not just bells and whistles, but have much utility.

If your budget allows you should definitely go for Creta.

Plus points for Creta over Ecosport:
Premium interiors and sufficient legroom & headroom compared to Ecosport which i think is little cramped in terms of space.
Awesome refinement levels
Both Cars have light steering but i think Creta has better handling
Creta is smooth and effortless to Drive, don't forget it has max power of 122 bhp
SUV'ish like feel [:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
No offense but Creta doesn't have premium interiors. Dont think it is better than ecosport. Take a look at elite i20's interior and then the creta . You will miss the i20's interior instantly.

Thread Starter #9
I went to see Creta E+ variant, couldnt get a TD. I myself didnt get wow'ed by its interiors, have to recheck ES to compare, but it sure is more spacious than ES. Asked my family to check out Creta, only if we need that extra space i'll go for creta, otherwise ES seems perfect.

Only thing is that I am getting ES Titanium Diesel at my hometown and Creta E+ Petrol at relatives place almost in same price, which is leading to a lot more confusion.

ES (hometown) - 10.8 OR
Creta (relative's place) - 11 OR
ES (relative's place) - 10.5

@allhyundaicars sir, do guide.

P.S. all blings apart, how does Hyundai cars stand the trial of time in the interiors quality, is it rattle free? What about Ford?

No offense but Creta doesn't have premium interiors. Dont think it is better than ecosport. Take a look at elite i20's interior and then the creta . You will miss the i20's interior instantly.
IMHO Things are far more premium inside Creta than its rivals. I do get the premium feel when seated inside the cabin.

I wonder that is there a justification for Paying close to 12L for a car which is under 4 meters and whose engine size and power is nowhere close to price competitors.

For me, when you sit in Creta it feels like you are sitting in a car that is worth 12L-14L. It gives you the Luxurious feel that other cars miss in this segment.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@ xkcd- the interiors won't rattle. My verna's going to complete 5 years this February and there are absolutely no rattles. Same goes for es.

@ abhinish- you do know that you are comparing a Es diesel variant with creta's petrol. A similarly spec creta costs around 4 lakhs more. For that extra space and suv'sh feel it isn't worth it.
My dad asked me if we can buy the creta I instantly said no just because of the interiors. I'd rather buy a verna again and save couple of lakhs.

My suggestion to you is since you are spending 10 lac and above, so rethink on buying a lower variant. I would recommend that go for top end of move to some other segment.

If you are thinking of buying a petrol FORD EcoSports, then in my opinion its not the wise decision.

Cars available near to your budget,

- Ford EcoSports
- Mahindra Nuvo Sports [Test drive this car, I think you will like it.]
- Renault Duster
- Suzuki Scross
- Hyundai Creata

@ abhinish- you do know that you are comparing a Es diesel variant with creta's petrol. A similarly spec creta costs around 4 lakhs more. For that extra space and suv'sh feel it isn't worth it.
My dad asked me if we can buy the creta I instantly said no just because of the interiors. I'd rather buy a verna again and save couple of lakhs.
And that's what i am saying Ecosport is not a car to spend 12L, i can understand if someone is spending 9-10L on Ecosport that is justified, you can buy a 12L Creta, even if that variant is not fully loaded and it's Petrol, Creta still worth that price tag.
and also I agree for Creta top model if you are paying 15L it takes away VFM tag instead of that you can jump to next segment.

Yes, on can buy Verna at that price it is definatly VFM

Thread Starter #14
@abhinish and @allhyundaicars sir,
Since going through @naveen04in sir ownership thread, who earlier owned ecosport, i think that creta is equally capable as Ecosport in driving dynamics, except for that lifeless steering. Obviously 1.6 petrol engine needs to be checked now.
I am still in a fix. Go for E+ Creta Petrol and get all the features aftemarket or go for fully loaded Diesel ES with little less space.

Obviously 1.6 petrol engine needs to be checked now.
I am still in a fix. Go for E+ Creta Petrol and get all the features aftemarket or go for fully loaded Diesel ES with little less space.
You are spending 12L on a car, do what your heart says, buy what you like, you can always add after market accessories. You'll be buying car once in a while, it's you who'll be driving.

What i can suggest you is, if you budget don't range beyond 12L, go for Ecosport if you like it, because it is diesel, it is fully loaded and also it will give you a better mileage and VFM.

Go for Creta only if you love that car because its running cost will be high, if your driving is good you will get city mileage - 10kmpl, highway -14-15kmpl. Also you will be missing many features like alloys, parking assist, rear defogger, fog lamps, projector lamps.

Top Bottom