Replacement For 2012 VW Vento TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello guys,

I thought to update about this in other thread but it got closed by the admin.So,this thread is regarding the replacement of our 2012 Vento TDI,which has run more than 1,00,000 Kms i.e 1,04,000 Kms in 4.5 years whereas we did 91000 Kms in 3.7 years.But,its running got bit reduced since the arrival of our 2011 Innova VX,which we bought it in July from dad's friend.So,we are planning to replace our Vento by 2017.

Budget-₹10-15L
Cars considering-Elite i20 Asta(O) CRDI,Polo GT TSI,S-Cross 1.6 Alpha,,Brezza ZDI+,Ciaz ZDI+,City iVTEC or iDTEC,Creta(if budget permits),Vento TSI or TDI DSG,Rapid TDI DSG and Ecosport TDCI or DCT
Running per month & year-1000-2000 Kms per month & 20K-25K Kms per year
Duration of keeping the car-4 to 5 years

Ciaz-Dad like this car due to SHVS system and being Maruti and it's VFM at ₹12.5L for ZDI+-Considering this due to being VFM.

City-Tried and tested product for us coz had rides many times in my friends City iDTEC.Current price is ₹14.5L for both VX iDTEC and VX CVT and ₹13.1-13.2L for VX IVTEC MT-Considering this due to sunroof and brand value.

Brezza-Had a ride in my cousin's ZDI+ recently and got impressed with Apple CarPlay.Current price is close to ₹12L for ZDI+.Considering this coz it looks like Range Roverish in red black colour.

S-Cross-Considering only 1.6 as I heard good reviews on it.Current price of 1.6 Alpha is ₹14.92L-Considering this due to one reason-1.6,1.6 and 1.6.

Vento TSI and TDI DSG-Already own Vento and facing torture with high maintenance.But considering it due to DSG gearbox.Current price of both is ₹13.8L for HL TSI and ₹15.3L for HL TDI.

Rapid TDI DSG-Heard the offer of 4-4-4 scheme and dad was interested in Rapid due to this offer.Current pricing of Style Plus is ₹15L.

Creta-My favourite compact SUV under ₹20L.But,it is overpriced for what it offers.Current pricing of 1.6 SX CRDI is ₹15L,1.6 SX+ CRDI is ₹16.3L,1.6 CRDI AT and SX(O) is ₹17.5L whereas price of 1.6 VTVT AT is ₹15.5L.

Elite i20-Again,my favourite hatch within ₹10L due to its looks and features.When I asked my parents about replacing Vento with i20,they were like,WTF?Are you crazy?i20 doesn't even come close to Vento and it's like downgrading from sedan to hatch.Why I said about replacing Vento with i20 coz we have an Innova for other uses so I felt i20 is an upgrade from Vento.Current pricing of Asta(O) CRDI is close to ₹10.5L.Considering this as it will be useful to drive for me as I had completed 18 and now eligible to drive though I didn't even how to drive a car till now.

Ecosport-Price cut and extra 10PS of power in Diesel made me tempting to buy an Ecosport.But,GC,build quality,6 airbags and black package also made me to go for this.Current pricing of Tit(O) Black edition is ₹12L.

Polo GT TSI-Considering this due to easy to park in small areas and DSG box again without boot this time.Current pricing is close to ₹11L.

Used cars considered:

Honda Civic-Found few used ones and had considered one.It is a 2011 VMT one,which has run 41000 Kms and asking price is ₹7.9L and it is available with Honda dealer.It has sunroof and colour is urban titanium.And,it's my dream car since it's launch and wanna own one someday.But,sad news is they had discontinued this beautiful car.Hope this dream will come true.

Corolla Altis-Considering for its reliability and found one AT for sale.It has run 20,000 Kms and it's a 2011 one registered in 2012.Its a silver one and asking price is ₹12L.Too much for a 5 year old car right?

Skoda Superb-Another dream car for me and my dad due to its luxury offered in this car.Saw many but found many which has run more and maintenance is an issue.

Replacement of this car might happen in early 2017 or later as we have to arrange the funds for new car.Presently,we have two cars at home.So,we are not in a hurry to buy a new car right now.Had already insisted my dad to sell off the Vento due to issues cropping up and ever increasing maintenance.But,dad said we will fix the issues in Vento and keep it for sometime.But,I was dead against in keeping the Vento for another few months or years coz it became old and wanted a car with advanced features.Vento is the only car which we are keeping it for more than 3 years as we had sold our previous Swift as soon as the car completed 3 years of age.But,whenever I say my dad about selling Vento,he is always worried of its resale value as he always expect that if we sell this car,we won't even get ₹2.5-3L on this car.But,I made him understand that this car will go for around ₹5-6L as it has run more than 1,00,000 Kms.

Last edited:
Honda Quality is not the price you pay now total no no ....
Elite i 20 excellent quality but n average steering ...nvh levels are the best awsome insulation
Ford ecosport lack of space and now pretty old
Brezza looks good but interiors a complete no no for a 12 lakh car
i would consider either a Baleno RS (Coming shortly) if petrol or i 20 diesel

Consider Ciaz, it is much nice car to drive, but it feels little bit under powered than your vento so do consider 1.6 verna diesel from the Hyundai stable. I think the verna is much more inside your budget.
or
Creta is much nice car from the hyundai stable compared to other cars from its stable. And still if you feel Hyundai creta is overpriced then increase your budget a little bit and consider the Mahindra XuV 5oo W6 or W8 variant as per your choice. With 140 bhp on tap and lots of gizmos loaded in it makes the car to feel more worthier.

In the used market segment consider Cruze for its rocket performance.

So consider TD
1. New Verna
2. Ciaz
3. Creta
4. XuV 5oo (placed it atlast as it is a bit out of your budget)

Normally I hesitate a lot to say this, but, I would say it here. If you are considering a Diesel Sedan around 12 Lakhs, just go for the Verna. The fun it gives is to be felt when driving it.

The upgraded 2017 model is due for launch in India.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestions Mithra.Ciaz seems to be a good option but what's worrying me is its build quality and performance.But looks and comfort wise,it's good as Honda City.Had sat in our known people's Ciaz and got impressed with its back seat.Regarding Creta,I'm considering it too.But not XUV coz we have Innova,which satisfies our requirements.Had considered Cruze of known acquaintance but it's resale and maintenance made me worry.Instead,will go for an used Civic or Corolla Altis.Verna is big no no as my dad doesn't like it's suspension.

Irfan-Yeah,₹14.5L is waste for a car which built is average but the car should have reliability,features and power.Brezza seems to be good in terms of look but what's worrying me is its build quality and less power.

Praveen-No used Cruze as maintenance and its future is a concern for me.

Vijay-Verna is a good option but its becoming old and dad doesn't like it's suspension.

How about Ecosport?It seems to be a good option coz of recent price cut,looks,build quality,cheaper maintenance,100PS power and mainly,black edition.Or,what about another Vento?But this time it'll be TSI or TDI DSG.We might get good price on our present Vento if we plan to exchange it with VW people.And,it's really hard to sell a Vento if we want to sell it in open market.This became problem for my dad.

Thanks for the suggestions Mithra.Ciaz seems to be a good option but what's worrying me is its build quality and performance.But looks and comfort wise,it's good as Honda City.Had sat in our known people's Ciaz and got impressed with its back seat.Regarding Creta,I'm considering it too.But not XUV coz we have Innova,which satisfies our requirements.Had considered Cruze of known acquaintance but it's resale and maintenance made me worry.Instead,will go for an used Civic or Corolla Altis.Verna is big no no as my dad doesn't like it's suspension.

Irfan-Yeah,₹14.5L is waste for a car which built is average but the car should have reliability,features and power.Brezza seems to be good in terms of look but what's worrying me is its build quality and less power.

Praveen-No used Cruze as maintenance and its future is a concern for me.

Vijay-Verna is a good option but its becoming old and dad doesn't like it's suspension.

How about Ecosport?It seems to be a good option coz of recent price cut,looks,build quality,cheaper maintenance,100PS power and mainly,black edition.Or,what about another Vento?But this time it'll be TSI or TDI DSG.We might get good price on our present Vento if we plan to exchange it with VW people.And,it's really hard to sell a Vento if we want to sell it in open market.This became problem for my dad.
I have a very good rapport with maruti after sales guys...having owned more than 6 cars in the last 8 years in the family... the manager said to me sir Brezza as of now dont buy as there are lot of rattles and some owners coming with pick up issues ...they know me i like my things spick and span so they said Sir Brezza has too many rattles and the interiors personaly dont justify 12 lakhs otr in mumbai ...however it has a fantastic ride and good handling

How about NEXON?I think nexon will be the perfect car for your family after vento,if you are ok with its looks.

When is the purchase happening? I believe this was discussed before in ownership review also and there was a thread before... 4-5 months is a lot to plan ahead if you're looking to buy in that time frame.

Requesting Mods to look into this. No offence to OP but this has been overly discussed.

How about Ford Aspire or even TATA Zest for a choice.

How about New Fiat Linea against the Ciaz what do you think about it? As the Fiat Linea's build quality is tough and solid for indian roads. And with a massive GC of 185 mm i think it would be better in terms of comfort and solidness it gives than in any car's.

Further if you like Fiat then consider Fiat Abarth or punto as per your taste.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
When is the purchase happening? I believe this was discussed before in ownership review

Requesting Mods to look into this. No offence to OP but this has been overly discussed.
Thanks for the suggestions We might get good price on our present Vento if we plan to exchange it with VW people.And,it's really hard to sell a Vento if we want to sell it in open market.This became problem for my dad.
Archit, I feel we should give OP sometime and in due course seeing the pattern of his posts the decision on the thread can be done by our core team.

@Music Swift, about your Vento's sale, as said above, it was at length discussed in your earlier thread as well. So, in this one, would suggest you to take a comparatively quick decision because earlier every present / forthcoming car had been discussed. You would be having a fair amount of knowledge by now about merits and de-merits of the cars in Indian market buddy so it would be rather easy for you to take decision I am sure[:)]. Make a decision based on the suggestions given to you by all of us in your earlier thread as well and buy the car (if its really necessary). I feel, stretching the "research" for a appropriate car for more than a year makes many doubt the intent and you'll get fewer replies. So, before anything, suggest you to look up to the earlier thread dear. I feel discussing another car purchase for you won't be leading to anything new as all of it has been already discussed for more than a year.

PS: Music Swift, Dear was there actually a real need to begin new thread? Even if the earlier one was closed, I don't think even then any car was left out from being discussed! You can still read that whole thread and select wisely.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
:
the manager said to me sir Brezza as of now dont buy as there are lot of rattles and some owners coming with pick up issues ...they know me i like my things spick and span so they said Sir Brezza has too many rattles and....
@irfan,
Take this with a pinch of salt, MSIL dealers are famous for doing such tactics whenever the waiting period is too much.
Eg. They use to divert a buyer towards slow moving SX4 when the waiting period for Dezire was more than 8 months.

Better to read all the ownership reports online & create your own opinion.

When is the purchase happening? I believe this was discussed before in ownership review also and there was a thread before... 4-5 months is a lot to plan ahead if you're looking to buy in that time frame
I think there are many products launched since then which were not discussed in that thread.

@MS, Sparingly used 1 year old Cruze with chevy's ' world famous 'warranty & ASS promise cover in India is good option.
Also AT Vento should be checked.

It would be helpful to other members if you mention list of the cars which you have already ruled out.

@type R, MS is a obedient guy & gives due respect to his father's opinion while making car purchase.

@MS,:offtopic:, you haven't posted the pic of tread left above the TWI on the other thread, can you please post it or measure the tread depth available above the level of TWI.?, cause the tyres have already run 60 kkm & your mechanic has suggested to continue another 10 kkm IIRC.
Already few lives have been lost in your swift so it is better to be cautious.

Last edited:
:
@irfan,
Take this with a pinch of salt, MSIL dealers are famous for doing such tactics whenever the waiting period is too much.
Eg. They use to divert a buyer towards slow moving SX4 when the waiting period for Dezire was more than 8 months.

Better to read all the ownership reports online & create your own opinion.

I think there are many products launched since then which were not discussed in that thread.

@MS, Sparingly used 1 year old Cruze with chevy's ' world famous 'warranty & ASS promise cover in India is good option.
Also AT Vento should be checked.

It would be helpful to other members if you mention list of the cars which you have already ruled out.

@type R, MS is a obedient guy & gives due respect to his father's opinion while making car purchase.

@MS,:offtopic:, you haven't posted the pic of tread left above the TWI on the other thread, can you please post it or measure the tread depth available above the level of TWI.?, cause the tyres have already run 60 kkm & your mechanic has suggested to continue another 10 kkm IIRC.
Already few lives have been lost in your swift so it is better to be cautious.
This is not the dealer its the service guys who know me for past 10 years almost and they also advice me always to buy the right product ...They know the niggles and always help me in overcoming these

Archit, I feel we should give OP sometime and in due course seeing the pattern of his posts the decision on the thread can be done by our core team.

@Music Swift, about your Vento's sale, as said above, it was at length discussed in your earlier thread as well. So, in this one, would suggest you to take a comparatively quick decision because earlier every present / forthcoming car had been discussed. You would be having a fair amount of knowledge by now about merits and de-merits of the cars in Indian market buddy so it would be rather easy for you to take decision I am sure[:)]. Make a decision based on the suggestions given to you by all of us in your earlier thread as well and buy the car (if its really necessary). I feel, stretching the "research" for a appropriate car for more than a year makes many doubt the intent and you'll get fewer replies. So, before anything, suggest you to look up to the earlier thread dear. I feel discussing another car purchase for you won't be leading to anything new as all of it has been already discussed for more than a year.

PS: Music Swift, Dear was there actually a real need to begin new thread? Even if the earlier one was closed, I don't think even then any car was left out from being discussed! You can still read that whole thread and select wisely.

Regards

Akash
Fully agreed with you sir. Sorry if I sounded harsh before but you have mentioned the reasons.

Requirements are not set clearly. I'd just say get the S Cross 1.6 and mod the hell out of it! [evil]

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Fully agreed with you sir. Sorry if I sounded harsh before but you have mentioned the reasons.
Na Na Archit, Like you he too is a kid and perhaps even younger to you. Parent's consent and finance are major aspects for making any decision. If I was of his age, then for sure, I too would have begun asking various people about the intended car purchase. Let us all give him the space and I am sure he must have gone through the suggestions provided in this and the other thread. Lets wait for his reply!

Regards

Akash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom