Confused Maruti Baleno vs Hyundai Elite i20 vs Maruti Brezza

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

I am in confused situation. Need to book a new car shortlisted between Baleno Alpha petrol vs elite i 20 Diesel vs Brezza.

Though they all fall in different segments its a good car that i am looking forward to.

Has to be spacious petrol or diesel doesnt make a lot of difference should be a drivers car and easy on the pocket.

Pros - Baleno
1. Awesome looks
2. Fun to drive
3. Peppy engine
4. Spacious

Cons - Baleno
1. Feels very flimsy - Seeing all the Balenos with dents on the shoulder line and the fender area
2. Rear Suspension is too hard you get thrown around especially kids

Pros - Elite i 20
1. Interiors very good quality
2. Exteriors looks very elegant
3. Awesome diesel engine and NVH levels
4. 6 gears good for highway cruising

Cons - Elite i 20
1. Steering too sensetive
2. Suspension bottoms out
3. No Fun to Drive

Pros - Brezza
1. Ground Clearance
2. Drives like first gen swift (Exciting)
3. Good Presence and looks

Cons - Brezza

1. Quality is bad
2. Ratting on test drive car and also read quality issues on some forums with dashboard rattling.
3. Seats are small with less thigh support (me being 6 2)

Would love to get suggestions on the above mentioned options.

Reason Baleno Petrol considered is very peppy engine vs Elite i 20 Petrol.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
What's your monthly running ? Agreed that baleno engine is more peppy but you have to keep aside some cons to choose.

Bizarra is it good when compared with ecosport. You should buy the latter if you decide for a compact suv.

Baleno and i20 both sells well still i'd choose elite because of better build and true premium feel even though it's a little bit expensive.

Won't recommend a diesel if your running is less than 1200 kms monthly.

Baleno looks a little better with its curves and shape, but i20 is not bad at all.
Similarly, i20 built quality is little better than Baleno, but Baleno is not bad at all.

One has upper a little upper hand on other in style, quality, handling and features.

I would not recommend Brezza, just for that big box that looks good but under power. It may not be a wise decision if you are looking for a car with riding pleas

Both the cars are really good at that price.

If you have space to think about other brands then
- FIAT Punto 90Hp
- VW Polo TDI
can improve your driving pleasure. But they not that big to manage good space at rear for you.

Since you were looking for Brezza, hit a try a try for Mahindra Nuvo Sports.
Actually Nuvo is better options than Brezza. It has more practical things than Brezza. Comparing Space, engine [100 BHP], 7 seats [third row can be utilized occasionally] and many more.

Thread Starter #4
Baleno looks a little better with its curves and shape, but i20 is not bad at all.
Similarly, i20 built quality is little better than Baleno, but Baleno is not bad at all.

One has upper a little upper hand on other in style, quality, handling and features.

I would not recommend Brezza, just for that big box that looks good but under power. It may not be a wise decision if you are looking for a car with riding pleas

Both the cars are really good at that price.

If you have space to think about other brands then
- FIAT Punto 90Hp
- VW Polo TDI
can improve your driving pleasure. But they not that big to manage good space at rear for you.

Since you were looking for Brezza, hit a try a try for Mahindra Nuvo Sports.
Actually Nuvo is better options than Brezza. It has more practical things than Brezza. Comparing Space, engine [100 BHP], 7 seats [third row can be utilized occasionally] and many more.
Brezza is very peppy of the block if you put your foot down ...the only thing is the quality feels worse than the Swift and at 11,5 on road Mumbai sounds damn expensive.

Polo had one ... sold it had a hard time with after sales and expensive parts my A C vents which broke costs me 5k each time .

However someone just replaced the clutch plate of elite i 20 diesel he spent 38k and front suspension @25k..Hyundai Maintainence seems at par with VW shocking

What's your monthly running ? Agreed that baleno engine is more peppy but you have to keep aside some cons to choose.

Bizarra is it good when compared with ecosport. You should buy the latter if you decide for a compact suv.

Baleno and i20 both sells well still i'd choose elite because of better build and true premium feel even though it's a little bit expensive.

Won't recommend a diesel if your running is less than 1200 kms monthly.
The Elite i 20 petrol is very slow and has bad lag in 2nd gear so that is not considered how ever the diesel is good but a friend just completed 52 k on his elite i 20 diesel .

He changed his clutch plate which cost him 38 k and suspension overhaul and some changes @ 25k these are very expensive rates.

So i guess will wait for Baleno RS or the Automatic Brezza and then take a decision

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
38 k for a clutch plate :/ that's expensive. Please upload the bill ( hide the personal details) if you can. Did he change the master slave cylinder also ?

I dont think it should cost more than 15k labor inclusive.

Yeah you can wait for a month and the rs version should be launched by then.

Edit : check the prices of the clutch kit(99 rpm)Check your friend's bill again.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
38 k for a clutch plate :/ that's expensive. Please upload the bill ( hide the personal details) if you can. Did he change the master slave cylinder also ?

I dont think it should cost more than 15k labor inclusive.

Yeah you can wait for a month and the rs version should be launched by then.

Edit : check the prices of the clutch kit(99 rpm)Check your friend's bill again.
thats what my friend mentioned it was with flywheel and clutch plate all bearing and the labour + taxes

Is it only clutch or the Gear box work was also included in 38k.

Because 38k is too high for clutch. Please share.
Cluch Plate + Pressure Plate + labour all included

Thread Starter #10
Or is it 13k for the clutch and 25k for the suspesnion totalling 38k. Again I don't know what all parts he got changed.
Yes infact i called up Modi Hyundai in Mumbai this evening to check and the rates were similar...

Please let me know if the above quoted prices are actually cheaper.

Thanks

You have already written down the pros and cons of each car. Now list down your top 5 criteria and then choose accordingly. Like if FTD is your top criteria, then leave i20 elite out. If interioirs and build quality is your first criteria, then i20 should come first from the above list.

I wonder why havent you considered the ford figo diesel/Jazz petrol? Figo diesel is cheap, has loads of power, looks decent, has high FE, but not as spacious as i20/baleno. Jazz petrol has almost everything going for it and its not bad to drive as well.

Thread Starter #14
Don't know why I didn't mention the figo diesel :stupid:
You will forget any other engine after you take td of the new figo [:D]

My ownership review -
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-ford-figo-trend-diesel-ownership-review.html
Will surely test drive one tomorrow or day after

Check another screenshot. This site has updated information. And yes 12k for i20 diesel is normal amount not expensive. Again ask your friend if he has the bill copy.
The site also mentions 30k on suspesnion parts.
I did call the service centre and they did say 35 k for full clutch assembly and round 40 k for suspension ... I was really surprised[surprise]

Top Bottom