Looking For Diesel SUV: Hyundai Creta vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara vs Ford EcoSport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
So my dad is looking to replace his 9 year old esteem. Wants a Diesel SUV only and is pretty much in love with creta even though its a stretch.

Creta 1.4 base is for 12.3 approx on road, the next variant S is for 13.6, is it worth paying 1.3 lakh extra for the little features i get ? Should i get base and install them at accessories shop and save ?

Here are what we get additional mainly-
Front Fog Lights - for 7k i can get those jazzy Led drl ones
Rear Defogger with timer- Useful but not really required and cant install aftermarket
Electric Adjustable ORVM- very useful but dunno if can be installed aftermarket
Height Adjustable Driver Seat - not really needed as hes not very short
Rear Center Seat Armrest with Cup Holder - not needed as mostly self driven
Rear Parcel Tray- should cost like 4-6k
Height Adjustable Rear Seat Head Restraints- not needed
Turn Indicators on ORVM- Not needed as bikers love to smash em
Metal Finish on Cabin Door Handles - not needed
Roof Rails- Like them, can they be installed ? should be like under 6k im sure. hope no drilling
5 Inch Touchscreen Infotainment System with Steering Mounted Audio Control- for 40k i can surely get a wayy superior Audio system and get the button steering to get controls as well.

basically i can get it all i need in under 60k for which hyundai takes 1.3

Also my dad test rode ecosport and said engine had less power, isnt the ecosport with 99ps way better than creta 1.4 at 90 ps ? Vitara we will test in coming week. opinions on these two cars ?

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Diesel Suv, Which Creta variant to get, consider Vitara/ecosport ?

Puneet, I find Creta to be a bit expensive but the interiors are top notch and so is the transmission and NVH but still it's price is high. In Ecosport, it is again a trusted one with reliable ownership but interiors look a bit cramped and about Brezza, I will say, if you want a VFM product other than a Creta, Go for a ZDI Brezza. However, Brezza might have a long waiting period. I am suggesting Brezza because unlike other tin-cans of MSIL, this one has been crash tested. But do note, the interior quality may not be as good as a Hyundai in Brezza.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

Puneet, I find Creta to be a bit expensive but the interiors are top notch and so is the transmission and NVH but still it's price is high. In Ecosport, it is again a trusted one with reliable ownership but interiors look a bit cramped and about Brezza, I will say, if you want a VFM product other than a Creta, Go for a ZDI Brezza. However, Brezza might have a long waiting period. I am suggesting Brezza because unlike other tin-cans of MSIL, this one has been crash tested. But do note, the interior quality may not be as good as a Hyundai in Brezza.

Regards

Akash
space is ok i both eco and brezza as it will mostly be single driven, is ecosport diesel engine weak? interior quality in all 3 manageable. even i feel i get nothing major in creta for the extra 2-3 lakhs spent.

Thread Starter #5

Not really. It is quite a sufficiently performing mill with reasonable mileage too. Have you given a thought to TUV-3OO AMT?

Regards

Akash
No, my dad doesnt like mahindra cars at all [sad]

i suggest creta irrespective of varaint. in breeza the engine refinement is not good at speeds. also it get amplified when taking ghat sections. also it crashes out on most potholes which is not a SUV or a compact SUV should do. No offence to owners.

Thread Starter #8
@Puneet
Why don't you give a try to S Cross? It's a crossover but I guess it ticks all the right boxes for you.
dad does not like Scross though i like the 1.6 as he says looks like a hatch on heels. Only creta vs Vitara/duster for now.

Last edited:
If this is for your dad and you are paying for it,get Creta that too higher variant as factory fitted is always better and safe than outside fitment. Since your dad is in love with creta get creta,his happiness should matter more than money.

Our parents make adjustment all their life for our happiness ,2 or 3 lakhs more is nothing when it comes to their happiness.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
dad does not like Scross though i like the 1.6 as he says looks like a hatch on heels. Only creta vs Vitara/duster for now.
Just like I mentioned in your previous thread , will mention it again. Ask your dad to td every car in the budget.

I have test driven all of the above mentioned cars and the s cross is the best for its price.

Ecosport is definitely better than the brezza. Duster interior are odd but has better road presence. NVH too are not that good.

Creta is overpriced but if you can afford it why not.

Creta 1.4 base is for 12.3 approx on road, the next variant S is for 13.6, is it worth paying 1.3 lakh extra for the little features i get ? Should i get base and install them at accessories shop and save ?
Hi. I fall in the same boat as yours [:)] My dad is also looking for a compact SUV. Creta does look desirable and there is no two ways about it. It has pleasing interioirs, NVH is top notch and the transmission in fluent. But it is highly overpriced. Also its high speed ride, handling, steering are very ordinary. All other cars/SUVs in the segment are quite ahead in these attributes, be it Ecosport, BRV, Duster, Brezza etc. That is what I have felt.

Also, the pricing of Creta is very tricky. The 1.4 base doesnt have airbags [frustration]. For that you will have to go with the top variant of 1.4 which is priced in close vicinity of 1.6 SX. So IMO, there is no point in buying the 1.4. If you going with Creta, better stretch for 1.6 Base.

But, the 1.4 is not at all low on power. Its quite adequate and the power is very well optimised through the 6 speed gearbox. Remember it has more torque than Duster/Terrano 1.5, Ecosport, Brezza, BRV and thats what matters the most for the diesel cars.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12
Dad is hellbent on a white creta 1.4 S and not looking to change mind so it is now decided [glasses]. Getting booking and loan processed on monday. Hope to either get by 15sep or wait till oct auspicious time. Costing 13.6 lakhs on road with non zero dep insurance in gurgaon from superon hyundai.

Wants a Diesel SUV only and is pretty much in love with creta even though its a stretch.
space is ok i both eco and brezza as it will mostly be single driven, is ecosport diesel engine weak?
Buying a diesel SUV is Okay but when it is mostly single driven then buy a small car and save those extra money. Consider Elite i20 or Fiat Avventura or elite i20 active.

But still if i am about to pick cars from your list then it will be in following order:
1. Hyundai Creta
2. Vitara Brezza
3. Ford Ecosport.

And do consider Maruti Ertiga Too for its perfect city drive ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom