VW Polo Trendline 1.2L Petrol Dilemma?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Experts and enthusiasts,

Came across this wondrful forum and thought it would be right platform for a newbie like me to clear out confusion.[:)]

i'm planning to buy a car and preferably want to own a VW vehicle.
So After much of the research have narrowed down choice to Polo Trendline 1.2L. (which fits my budget and considering the running of vehicle)
I'm looking for a petrol vehicle but after a lot of reading sort of confused regarding Polo Trendline when it comes to Fuel Economy.[confused]

My Top most priorities Security ,FE and comfort while driving (city rides mostly).
So it would be nice if Petrol Polo owners can advise me on the FE front.
Also if i go for Trendline would like to know approx. cost incurred to get additional features(of comfortline) straight from Dealer vs Aftermarket comparison.

Advise much appreciated.
Thanks!

Re: VW- Polo Trendline 1.2l Petrol Dilemma ?

First of all congratulations for your choice.I am not an owner of Polo, but did some research on the car and found it to be a good package.
Polo gives average fuel economy but it is a good car. FE, may be one or two kilometers less than the competition.
Regarding comparison between Trendline and Comfort line, main difference is the ABS, which cannot be refitted ,outside dealer ship.
If you are looking for more security, you may have to pitch in another 60K , which also gives you ABS, CD player with speakers, rear power windows, central lock with key less entry and cooled glove compartment.

Unless Polo is heavily discounted no point buying it over the Ameo. The ABS and heat insulating windshield alone should be well worth the lil extra cost. Plus you get a good storage also which Polo lacks.

Also i did not get "security" , if i understood correct you can add extra addons like gear-locks/sirens/gps tracker to secure your car.
Also are you not considering other cars ? because i feel the 3 cyclinder engine is not worth the near 6 Lakh price paid for a Polo.

Fuel economy should be between 12-15 in city.

So After much of the research have narrowed down choice to Polo Trendline 1.2L. (which fits my budget and considering the running of vehicle)
Just have a look in used cars option, You will be able to get lot of 2015,2016 polo's in pune under 10k mileage, this way you can save 1 or 2 Lakh, just a thought though.

Thread Starter #6
Re: VW- Polo Trendline 1.2l Petrol Dilemma ?

First of all thanks guys for the responses and apologies for my delayed reply..Ganesha Festival mood was on [:D]

Regarding comparison between Trendline and Comfort line, main difference is the ABS, which cannot be refitted ,outside dealer ship.
If you are looking for more security, you may have to pitch in another 60K , which also gives you ABS, CD player with speakers, rear power windows, central lock with key less entry and cooled glove compartment.
This is what i had thought, from safety perspective ABS is most important feature other features can be ignored..but let's see i may have to stretch my budget.

Why not the ameo ? I haven't seen any reviews bit it should drive like a polo.
To be honest i'm actually sold over by sporty looks of Polo..initially i did think about Ameo against Polo, but later realized my inclination is more towards polo..can't help

if i understood correct you can add extra addons like gear-locks/sirens/gps tracker to secure your car.
Yup you got me..gps tracker would be nice and handy to have..anybody using it or any knowledge about getting it installed much appreciated. [clap]

Just have a look in used cars option.
Not possible bro...Parents don't agree to it. They'll tell me to wait a bit longer and save more ,but buy a new one. [frustration]

In the Meantime I took TD of Polo Comfortline(P) and Grand i10 sports.(Just bcoz friend was insisting so much and no harm anyways )

Polo- great Handling,even though 3 cylinder engine it never felt like out of power.
Grand i10- Good looks, was happy to drive until AC was switched on then utter disappointment. (TD vehicle ODO showed 1200kms ).

Let's see I'll TD couple of more cars in same segment probablly Ford Figo , before finally deciding on Polo.

Thanks again guys for Suggestions!

Top Bottom