New SUV car or something like that

Thread Starter #1
hi guys ,
as now my safari is about to complete 4years . this means time for me to sell as its rule in our house to sell car after 4years and also my safari extended warranty is also over and i don't want to spend extra money on it as some time its good to hear brain over heart .

Today while i was talking to father that i am selling . my father was in shock [shock] . I think fever has effected your brain or what . you always cared your too much .

like other says you will regret the day you will sell safari .

Well now i have three plans as max. budget i have 10L

1. buy new safari model which is coming in january 2011 . which i am not clear how much will it cost [sleep] as i heard lot of good review about area and this new safari is being built on same platform!!

2. Buy Petrol Safari . yup you have heard right petrol . Now why petrol .

let me tell you . just month ago my friend who live UP visited me with his safari . I asked him let me drive it around . as soon as i started me O_O no vibration ok it could be his diesel engine is in good condition . then i pressed acceleration dam quick response . i hit the brake and came out of safari and roam around it no dicor tag . i asked my friend did you swap engine with Scorpio or what ?

He laughing loud over me saying its petrol safari . Me WTF petrol i heard lot -ve about it .
He said actually his father and mother wasn't allowing him to buy any diesel car as you know because of their lot of vibration and sound like truck . But i wanted safari at all cost so i went for petrol simple . only thing i don't like is its FE at starting but later it improve except FE this is great car .
That is main reason i was asking that whether new safari will have petrol or not .

3. Buy customized gypsy [glasses] . it will cost me around 4-5lac depend on shop and option i choose . also i can get whatever look i want .

So guys what you say . also i don't think so any other SUV i can get under 11L .

Also no Scorpio . why ?
I don't like villagers car tag and space .

well, many new launches are coming up next year, if you can wait do so for new safari, new world SUV from Mahindra as well and then decide your choice.

Thread Starter #4
but the Aria or wait for the new safari.
that's what i am thinking waiting for new safari

well, many new launches are coming up next year, if you can wait do so for new safari, new world SUV from Mahindra as well and then decide your choice.
what i am guessing is that world SUV of mahindra will be above 15L looking at yeti and also it will be launched in june [frustration] .

Yeti exceeds your budget and i don think Mahindra SUV will also fit in your budget!

Your only options are new Scorpio or new Safari!

@ Arkin If that is the new Safari then it has lost its aggressive looks! But wait , i see it has got projectors! I think the new Safari will be somewhat feature laden then!

Thread Starter #8
why dont you give scorpio a try...for arnd 8-9ac its a value for money SUV
hmmm will think about it . will try to TD it . but villagers car tag make me go away from it as in our village you can find Scorpio T_T in every house . i don't mind it selling very high but as soon as we see any white Scorpio only thing comes to our mind must be villager who got good money from government and brought it .

But if i went then i will go for only modified scorpio . really it look awesome . will post photo of it .

I have seen a spy pic of the new Tata Safari on facebook. I don't the the looks will appeal to you. Fan photos from TURBOS & PISTONZ !! | Facebook
[shock]hmmmm i think i should go book petrol safari T_T if this is look . i mean it has lost its look . But still liked the headlight

Yeti exceeds your budget and i don think Mahindra SUV will also fit in your budget!
yup that 's what i was saying
Your only options are new Scorpio or new Safari!
hmmm new Scorpio when and where [confused]

Scorpio is a great driver's SUV. Thats the reason it sells so much.

Do you drive? If yes, test drive the scorpio mHawk.

If you like it, you will forget the tag & enjoy your SUV. if you dint like it, forget it, look for another car. simple.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11
Scorpio is a great driver's SUV. Thats the reason it sells so much.

Do you drive? If yes, test drive the scorpio mHawk.

If you like it, you will forget the tag & enjoy your SUV. if you dint like it, forget it, look for another car. simple.
i haven't test drive the mHawk yet . now you ask why . well it could be my bad luck that every time i go dealer scorpio was always on TD this time i will call them in advance .

Hey by new Scorpio i meant you should get yourself a new Scorpio! As Raj said , just give it a try tomorrow.
lol i thought new scorpio is coming . will do

Looking forward for your TD response because i myself have not driven Scorpio yet and since you also own Safari , you can give a detailed comparison report.

@ dhaya: Its surprising that you have not driven the mHawk yet. just give your nearest dealer a call & they will come to your place with a TD scorpio. I know you are not buying one but whats the harm in test driving? :-)

AMG

Suspended
Does the Yeti fit your bill?

If not, then it is always best to keep your current Safari as it doesnt trouble you much.

@ Raj I would love to drive one , but then after the TD they will start pestering me! I already experienced this after TD of Jetta , Laura and Captiva![lol]

@ AMG Trust me , after few months he will face some problem for sure with his Safari and Yeti is out of his budget!

Top Bottom