Buying a Used Ford Fiesta 1.6 S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hey Guys !! [:)]

I'm looking for a Pre-Owned Ford Fiesta 1.6 S . Yes I'm planning to buy one .

Looking for a clean car. Can you help me out guys ? Any leads will be helpful

Attaching a pic of Ford Fiesta 1.6 S just for reference purpose

used_1970_ford_fiesta_2006_2011_s_1_6_for_sale_4690092458249619329.jpg

I was in the used car market for the same car last year. My personal experience - This car is not there in the used car market. People who own this car are not willing to sell it (at least the one person that I know)

Good luck in finding this gem

I have few cons for this car, these may help you in deciding
. Low seating position – as the seating position is low, during nights even the TVS moped head light will reflect on your eyes directly which will irritate me.
. Low head room – If you are 5’ 10’’ and above, the roof will be exactly on your head with less than 1 inch.
. Low ground clearance – most of the times while on village roads, many tak tak from ground
. Gap between A B C pedals – the gap between these pedals are less, initially when tried to apply break, my right leg used to touch left leg. Now used to this and not a problem.

These are truly my observations with Fiesta, others may deny.

. Low seating position – as the seating position is low, during nights even the TVS moped head light will reflect on your eyes directly which will irritate me.
. Low head room – If you are 5’ 10’’ and above, the roof will be exactly on your head with less than 1 inch.
. Low ground clearance – most of the times while on village roads, many tak tak from ground
. Gap between A B C pedals – the gap between these pedals are less, initially when tried to apply break, my right leg used to touch left leg. Now used to this and not a problem.

Do you by any chance still own the 1.6S?

It will be hard to find 1.6s. It's a drivers car. unmatched handling and dynamics. 1.6s are overpriced in used market. checkout the service history and the suspension. Wish you find one.

Thread Starter #7
I was in the used car market for the same car last year. My personal experience - This car is not there in the used car market. People who own this car are not willing to sell it (at least the one person that I know)

Good luck in finding this gem
True. Anyway I'm not in a hurry and thereby I have enough time to lookout for one[:)]

Thanks for your observations. A friend of mine has the car, will do a detailed TestDrive [:D]

Good luck finding a S. I tried for six months and then went for stock 1.6.
Gosh !! Let me see If luck's on my side :)

It will be hard to find 1.6s. It's a drivers car. unmatched handling and dynamics. 1.6s are overpriced in used market. checkout the service history and the suspension. Wish you find one.
Yes. They surely are a few ones and all of them are overpriced. Fingers crossed !!

Sorry to say, these statements are 100% not true from my experience.

Which car did you compare to say Fiesta has low seating posture? Compared to my earlier cars (NHC & Linea) Fiesta had a better seating posture.

I'm 5'10" and there is more than sufficient head room left out (with seats being lifted to the highest possible position)

Never ever scrapped the belly, be it speed humps or poor roads.

kkn13

Suspended
Congrats !! I have a family friend whose car has crossed 1L long back and is running smooth !! I hope you also enjoy it the same way !!
The engine is very addictive and free running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom