Skoda Rapid vs Maruti Suzuki Ciaz

Thread Starter #1
Hello everybody,
This is my first post and i am in the classical mind vs heart dilemma
We(me and my family) are looking to buy a new car. it has to be a petrol.
now i am stuck between the rapid (2016) ambition and the ciaz vxi+.

ALL things said, here are my views.
Skoda rapid :

pros -
better build
sheer driving pleasure
dynamics and steering feedback

cons:
Scary A-S-S
lack of space
relatively old
equipment not impressive

*It needs to be mentioned that though old, skoda is giving discounts of rapid making it eligible in my budget

Ciaz :

pros -
space! oh so much.
Maruti's reliable A-S-S
mouthwatering fuel efficiency

cons -
underpowered engine
un involving to drive.

PLEASE HELP ME MAKE THE DECISION

you have the answer in your post itself. It has to be skoda rapid.In terms of service,it depends on dealer. example in chennai: skoda service is not worst by any means,

i booked ciaz zdi+ shvs model last week. if u can afford a skoda and u can pay hefty service maintenance charges then go for skoda otherwise move on to MAruti Ciaz

RAPID is a way better car in terms of quality built. The ride and handling will surely impress in every way. If you are looking for "AT" variant then really the DSG rocks!.

Space comfort is better and not bad. Compare it with your family/friends physic and then think to reject for space.

SKODA comes with some SHIELD package deal, I guess this will help you lot in maintenance. Although RAPID is robust car and built quality is better than CIAZ.

If you are looking for petrol variant then RAPID may not be good option but for Diesel nothings better than this. For CIAZ petrol it is way under power, and you will notice while fully loaded with passenger and luggage.[;)]

If you have though of ignoring RAPID then think to include VERNA SX(O), it comes with lot of gadgets and gizmos plus a 125PS engine. The interior finish is really nice. Visit HYUNDAI for test drive for better understanding VERNA.

I will recommend Skoda Rapid, most safe and well built car in its segment, it offers you great diesel engine.

I like the clean looks of Rapid's interior, it got almost everything from steering controls to rear view camera now.

My brother purchased Ambition model, got leatherette seat covers complementary, you can purchase rear view parking sensor, will cost you below 10L On road, VFM for what it offers.

ASS is not that bad, if you are making a choice between Rapid and Ciaz, i will recommend Rapid. [;)]

Last edited:

Top Bottom