Buying Mahindra XUV500 W8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello guys
After prolonged search and shifting decision of buying preowned to new car / sedan to SUV , I have pretty much zeroed down and feel in love with Xuv 500.
Took TD of same. Planning to buy w8 2.2 lit manual car in Pune.
My query is - is it a good vehicle to drive in city traffic? My monthly run around 2000 km.
30% highway and 70% in city.
I found it easy to maneuver on city roads. Light steering for SUV. But quite long clutch and great throw. I could manage it during TD . but wanted to know from users who are using it from few years in long term point of view. Plz help guys.
Thank u.

Re: Xuv 500

Planning to buy w8 2.2 lit manual car in Pune.
My query is - is it a good vehicle to drive in city traffic? My monthly run around 2000 km.
Yes of course, I am using W10 in Pune since January 2016. It's really easy to drive and manage in Pune city's traffic too. I am using it for my office commuting.
XUV feel's good on road. :)

Cheers.

XUV500 is best car/SUV for HIGHWAY. Put down you feet when this CHEETAH on highway and you will fly with it. The problem is not with its maneuvering, but its the size that matter in CITY.

A car to be very suitable for city traffic is a hatchback where you will have easy on handling, maneuvering and parking. I too stay in PUNE so there is big problem of parking in most of areas. So better plan to buy a car that suits your need.

bhvm

Honoured Member

If you can spend a little more cash,
Try getting a used celerio/Nano (preferably AT) for 1~1.5 lac. Perfect for city.
Use the rest for XUV W6 or W8.

Thread Starter #6
As atulamigo said Suv feels good on road. I am a free lancing doctor by profession. I visit 2-3 hospitals in a day and one outstation trip in a week. Most of the hospitals have their dedicated parkings so that shd not be issue.
Got wife's alto 800 as a second car. That i can use when needs to go to centre of the city or busy small roads.

And about parking space i feel it will need space equal to any mid sized sedan as it's length is hardly 10cm more than Honda city.
Also spec wise turning radius is 5.6 mtrs where city's turning radius is 5.4 m.
Offcourse above figures are theoretical and that's exactly what I want from mates using xuvs about their practical experience.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
And about parking space i feel it will need space equal to any mid sized sedan as it's length is hardly 10cm more than Honda city.
Also spec wise turning radius is 5.6 mtrs where city's turning radius is 5.4 m..
No its not true at all.Don't go by specs.XUV is H U G E,when compared to honda city,in city narrow parking spaces.It only looks to be nimble under the hands of a good driver,but actually honda city will be easier for most.

Hello guys
After prolonged search and shifting decision of buying preowned to new car / sedan to SUV , I have pretty much zeroed down and feel in love with Xuv 500.
Took TD of same. Planning to buy w8 2.2 lit manual car in Pune.
30% highway and 70% in city.
I found it easy to maneuver on city roads. Light steering for SUV. But quite long clutch and great throw. I could manage it during TD . but wanted to know from users who are using it from few years in long term point of view. Plz help guys.
Thank u.
Congrats on your XUV 5OO, what color have you chosen, and the price breakup, you have received the correct inputs from the XUV Guru's bhvm & Mayank, so nothing more to add.

Enjoy your ride.

regards

Vinod

I'm Confused. I'm planning to buy a SUV. The options considered are
1. XUV 5OO W6
2. Duster 110 RXZ AWD
3. Safari Storme EX or VX
4. Scorpio S10, S10 4WD, S10 4WD Automatic.

guys please help me

Thread Starter #10
Congrats on your XUV 5OO, what color have you chosen, and the price breakup, you have received the correct inputs from the XUV Guru's bhvm & Mayank, so nothing more to add.

Enjoy your ride.

regards

Vinod
I haven't purchased it yet. Planning to purchase

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Hello guys
My query is - is it a good vehicle to drive in city traffic? My monthly run around 2000 km.30% highway and 70% in city.

Go ahead with the decision if your heart is into it.This mind vs heart battle never gets over,and the mind will always tell you to make the correct decision..You may mostly find the decision of mind unappealing and boring.eg the smallest hatchback is the best for city roundabouts,but we may find it boring,despite of it being correct.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Tiger, If you would like to have SUV feel but compact enough for City use,
please consider top variants of Creta, Duster & S-cross.

S-cross 1.6 is a premium, high performance & rare vehicle. Should command some neat road presence.

Thread Starter #13
My collegue bought creta , very poor interior quality. Duster very old model. May be due for facelift. S cross 1.6 for 14.5 L OTR not worth being crossover. Ride quality in s cross very poor.

Thread Starter #15
I want sturdy vehicle with 6 - 8 airbags.
I met with an very major accident in my Renault Scala in Jan 16 that too in City.
Scala is lying in service centre since then.
I am scared of driving small vehicles since then. Was looking for preowned jetta but WW after sales and costing is a problem.
So decided to buy new vehicle. Felt xuv very sturdy and secure during TD and in my friends xuv. I do once a week outstation trips. So I am looking for a vehicle with
Sturdiness
Secure safety
Riding comfort
Good and cheap ASS
Duster is good option but I what they are in ass as my Scala took 6 months to repair.
Budget can be stretched up to 17 for good vehicle. I mean to say VFM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom