Buying Pre-owned Hyundai Verna

Thread Starter #1
Hi Friends,

The engine of my 2010 Ford Figo 1.4 EXI with 80,000 kms on the odo has gone kaput and requires complete overhaul. Ford service centers have indicated astronomical prices for engine replacement, therefore, I am looking to sell my car.

A relative who is in to the business of buying and selling pre-owned cars is offering me a pre-owned 2012 1.6 CRDI EX Verna with around 95,000 km on the odo for 5.0 lakhs. He is willing to buy my Figo for 1.3 lakhs, so I will have to pay him 3.7 lakhs in cash for the Verna. I have done preliminary check and the car looks good. The car has clean history with no major repairs or accidents. Should I go for this deal? Please advise.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I don't think ex model was launched in 2012. I bought one in 2012 and mine was a 1.6 base variant.

Anyways the car is costly at 5 lakhs. I found much better deals on olx, you can too.

And any car you buy no matter what brand just get it checked at an authorised service center.

It will tell you if the odo reading is correct or not ( dealers shines the car and reduce the odo by 50k easily)

They will check each and every part which might require replacement. For hyundai's always check the ac unit and steering rattle. My verna's ac is good but steering rattle is present

How to check - turn the steering to the extreme left and then right ( standstill car) you should not hear a heavy thud sound.
There was another user here who bought a santro from his relative and the odo reading was reduced by 80k kms I think. Dont trust anyone with your money.
Do update what you decide.

BTW what's your monthly running?

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom