Purchasing Hyundai Verna 2016

Thread Starter #1
Respected Members and Friends,

This post is regarding your valuable advise on purchasing a new car. The car that i am planning to purchase is a Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT.

Background:
I have been driving a Hyundai Santro for the past 10 years. I think its high time to upgrade my ride. I have chosen the Verna because I really like the looks and what the car has to offer under its hood.

I test drove the City, BRV, and the S cross. but I am so much hooked to the Verna's design that i cannot think of any other car.

Also one of the reasons for buying the Verna is the discounts that the company is offering currently. I am getting the below discounts:
Exchange Bonus : 60K
Cash Discount: 20 K
Loyalty Bonus: 10 K
Santro Exchange Price: 75 K

Respected members please let me know if i should go ahead with my Purchase. Note: I have never really driven any other car in these 10 years so any car I test drive seems to be better that my Santro [clap]

Please help me with your thoughts and comments.

Thanks,
Rajat

Akash1886

Honoured Member
I am so much hooked to the Verna's design that i cannot think of any other car.

Also one of the reasons for buying the Verna is the discounts that the company is offering currently. I am getting the below discounts:
Exchange Bonus : 60K
Cash Discount: 20 K
Loyalty Bonus: 10 K
Santro Exchange Price: 75 K
Rajat, Please clarify with dealer that the Exchange bonus is over and above the Exchange price of Santro. 1.6L for a 10year old Santro seems too sweet and a lucky deal!

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
You should get a little bit more cash discounts. Also get your car valued from anow outside dealer as well.

My friend bought a verna and i got him a total of 90k discounts on the on-road price without any exchange bonus. Bargain hard and do ask another dealer what he's offering.

Try to find a buyer by yourself posting add on OLX or QUIKR. You may get a little more from individual buyers.

Hyundai Verna SX petrol is a good options. Since you have budget to buy a SX variant, you may think for SX(O) for some additional bucks; you can get a little more safety, some chrome touch, leather wrap seats & components, telescopic steering for better driving position.

Believe me factory fitted leather seats components will give your are a much better look and feel. 6 Airbag will add more safety for your family. So make a call for the top end variant and you will always praise your decision for long term.

Thread Starter #5
Rajat, Please clarify with dealer that the Exchange bonus is over and above the Exchange price of Santro. 1.6L for a 10year old Santro seems too sweet and a lucky deal!

Regards

Akash
Hi Akash,
Yes the exchange bonus is over and above the exchange price. Hyundai is running an independence day offer and they are offering 80K discount on the verna.

You should get a little bit more cash discounts. Also get your car valued from anow outside dealer as well.

My friend bought a verna and i got him a total of 90k discounts on the on-road price without any exchange bonus. Bargain hard and do ask another dealer what he's offering.
I did bargain hard today [glasses]. He is now offering full bucket leather seat covers worth Rs 15000 and additional accessories worth Rs 5000 from a list of items like scuff plates, steering cover etc that I can choose from.
What say? should i close the deal. I just hope Verna is a good buy. After all its my first car and that too with my own money. Please advise.

Try to find a buyer by yourself posting add on OLX or QUIKR. You may get a little more from individual buyers.

Hyundai Verna SX petrol is a good options. Since you have budget to buy a SX variant, you may think for SX(O) for some additional bucks; you can get a little more safety, some chrome touch, leather wrap seats & components, telescopic steering for better driving position.

Believe me factory fitted leather seats components will give your are a much better look and feel. 6 Airbag will add more safety for your family. So make a call for the top end variant and you will always praise your decision for long term.
Thanks Amit for the advise. Let me see how much price difference is there between the two models SX and S(O).
Also if i sell my Santro on OLX or Quicker i will miss out on the 60K exchange Bonus that Hyundai is offering.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I just asked my agent and 20k cash plus 50k exchange bonus is from the company and not from the dealer.
And hyundai has been offering discounts since September last year. Ask him for 30k cash discounts more and ditch the seat covers. You can get aftermarket seat covers for 5-7k.

Thread Starter #8
@ loverj24
The deal is good for Verna 2016. Even if you aren't able to get further discounts and goodies, I think you should go ahead with the purchase.
Thanks Rselva. I spoke to another dealer - Frontier Hyundai today and told him about the deal i am getting. The sales person promised that he is going to offer a much better deal. I have called him tomorrow morning to discuss his deal. [evil]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Thanks Rselva. I spoke to another dealer - Frontier Hyundai today and told him about the deal i am getting. The sales person promised that he is going to offer a much better deal. I have called him tomorrow morning to discuss his deal. [evil]
That's how much hyundai is giving discounts on the cars.
I went to a second dealer to ask about grand i10 , he was initially offering 5k discounts, I told him firstfirst dealer is giving me 30k ( first was actually giving me 25k) , 2nd dealer added a 3 without even thinking and made it 35k.

Thread Starter #11
Respected Members and Friends,

Here is the deal I cracked. I am thinking for the Top end 1.6 SX(O). Below is the breakup after discussions with the Sales Agent:

Verna 1.6 SX(O) Cost
On Road Price 1239401
Zero Dep Insurance 7699
Total 1247100
Discounts
Hyundai Exchange Bonus 50000
Cash Bonus 20000
Loyalty Bonus 10000
Old Santro Price 75000
Further Cash Discount 20000
Teflon Coating for Free
Final Price 1072100

Please let me know your suggestions.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Tell him 1050000 as your last offer. He just gave you 10 k extra from the previous dealer. 20k cash plus 50k exchange is from the company itself not from the dealer.
Teflon is a waste so is the underbody rust protection.

Visit another dealer if he doesn't give you at 1050000.

Last edited:
@loverj24 #13
Seems Good, but if you do find a better offer as allhyundaicars suggested, no harm in trying. Does the cash discount include corporate discount ? If not, that may add few thousands discount.

@allhyundaicars

You are a hardcore negotiator. Hats off to you. [:D]

@loverj24

Verna has sales rate on lower side lately so the company and sales agents are trying hard to sell it with lots of discounts, offers and freebies. Also I think upcoming new or facelift verna has affected the sales.

I urge you to get the most benefits possible and if sales agents don't agree to your quoted price then wait for few days and he will call you again with lowest price possible.

Allhyundaicars is right about Teflon & underbody coatings. Teflon coating is a hype in India. The real Teflon is very expensive and no body does it here but those who do, is a low quality Chinese grade and not reliable. After all nothing stays for long so I suggest you to get a good wax and apply it yourself.

As of underbody coating, all cars come with factory coated underbody coating and it won't peel off or chip away unless scrapped over speedbreakers or other obstacles. Also most rust occurs on painted parts rather then to the underbody. i.e hinges, water drain holes, fender, bottom of the door and etc. Now you cannot do anti-rust coating to these areas but you can prevent it by drying water after washing, using soft water rather then hard/salty water and rinseless waterless wash.

Thanks...
Best Regards

Last edited:

Top Bottom