Little Bit Confused Between Swift VXI & ZXI Variants

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

I’m planning to buy my first car, Maruti Suzuki SWIFT. But I’m little bit confused between VXI & ZXI model. ZXI has more features than VXI like: 2 Airbags (Driver & Co-Driver), Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA), Automatic Climate Control, Keyless Start/Stop Button, Parking Sensors, Rear Defogger, Rear Wiper, Steering mounted controls etc. Because of all these features ZXI is Rs. 1,00,000 costlier than VXI.

So I just want know whether I can add all those features in VXI latter on or shall I go for ZXI?

Kindly suggest as per your experience. And If any car you can suggest with same features please!!

Hi!

Personally ,I would never go for a car without dual airbags and ABS.Dual airbags,ABS,EBD are very important features if you care for yourself and your family safety.Just because of these features you should go for ZXI.Even though maruti is offering optional variant ,through which you can add dual airbags and abs to VXI, but its not keen on delivering such cars.

I would suggest you to go for baleno delta instead,or wait for ignis and tata kite5 ;rest it's your choice.

I would suggest you Swift ZXI, airbags and ABS cannot be fitted aftermarket or even at dealer level. I would suggest you to wait for New Maruti Swift, maybe launch will be in 2017. Or you may also check Ford Figo, which has better build quality than Maruti Swift.

HI, Air bag and ABS with EBD are a must in terms of safety.The rest of the features are not very essential.The safety features cannot be added on at dealer level,but parking sensors can be added later.If you can get VXI with optional safety features,then it will be good so that you can save some money.Also if u r on EMI, then the 1L wont make much of a difference in EMI,I think.So make a wise decision,and for buying cars always give priority to safety features than anything else,coz value of life is more than anything else.

Thread Starter #5
Thanx Akula, Gautam and Crank for information. Well I'm looking for a car which has good features as I mentioned earlier and service center should be accessible any where.

Baleno delta and Ford Figo are little costlier then SWIFT ZXI so it's again out of my budget.

And @crank: I'm totally agree with you if I go for EMI option then 1,00,000 wont make much of a difference.

The Swift is old and boring. Its soon to be replaced by a new model.
I wonder why are you still going for the tin can Swift despite presence of various better cars.
The Figo is the best in diesel.
The Bolt is Incredible Vfm.
The Tiago is overall a much better car than Swift.
The Micra too is a good car, although that too will be replaced by a new model.
I would suggest you to wait for the Tata Kite 5 compact sedan as it could be a spacious compact sedan for the price of a Swift. It is expected to launch during the festive season.
Trust me, I own an Ertiga and all Maruti cars become boring after just one year. And service isn't cheap either. Safety isn't very good for Maruti cars too.
Think wise, consider safety and comfort. Test drive every car in your list.
happy choosing.

+1 to DJ Bro, I would add Tata Bolt and VV Polo as competition. Though, I would not ask you to go for swift, there is an option called Swift VXi (O), where ,ABS and Airbags also is present. So, if at all you have to select swift, with the same money, go for the VXI (O).

I had done a comparison on Cardekho.Please clck the link below and see.
Cardekho Link

The Swift is old and boring. Its soon to be replaced by a new model.
I wonder why are you still going for the tin can Swift despite presence of various better cars.
The Figo is the best in diesel.
The Bolt is Incredible Vfm.
The Tiago is overall a much better car than Swift.
The Micra too is a good car, although that too will be replaced by a new model.
I would suggest you to wait for the Tata Kite 5 compact sedan as it could be a spacious compact sedan for the price of a Swift. It is expected to launch during the festive season.
Trust me, I own an Ertiga and all Maruti cars become boring after just one year. And service isn't cheap either. Safety isn't very good for Maruti cars too.
Think wise, consider safety and comfort. Test drive every car in your list.
happy choosing.
Tin cans still sells better than so called strong cars.

Bolt is a complete vfm but for taxi segment. That age old design of indica has been carried to the the bolt as well and that's why it flopped. The egg shape in now no longer bring good sales.

Tiago might be good against celerio not against swift. If yes give us a comparison chart instead of talking on the air.

So much hype about the kite which is again a CS . And tata is launching the car when the market is trending against CS.

Well, I think if you want swift you should go for ZXI. For the extra 1lakhs you will get alloy wheels, better profiles, bluetooth connectivity, six speakers( two tweeters extra when compared to vxi which gets only 4 speakers) and the other features you have mentioned. As for the vxi(o) maruti dealers aren't really intrested in selling you that. Infact they will convince you to buy vxi instead.

Other option include Grand i10(sportz or asta should be in your budget) or Figo or Liva

If you are buying Swift, go zxi. Learn from a previous Swift owner

But i would actually suggest for the 2017 Swift which is just around the corner. Since the motor vehicles act has been passed, i believe it make ans & air bags compulsory. The 2017 swift will be a different car

Ameyam

Sir @balenoed.
We all know that you are a Maruti fan.
But just Bcoz tin cans sell more doesn't mean they are the best.
true, the Bolt may still look like a Vista Bcoz of the body shell shape. But that body shell is far more spacious and safer than the Swift.
The Tiago too is much more spacious and Vfm than the Swift. 14s for 0-100 for a 3cyl 1200cc car isn't far off from the Swift as well.
Yes, the big hatchbacks may be gaining popularity over the CS, but its the design preference of the customers which translates into sales. The Kite 5 has a fastback like design, which would be the most space efficient design, providing segment besting boot space and way better interiors than the Dzire or Swift at a price lower or at par with the Swift. I must say, That would be incredible vfm.
Sir, now who's talking in the air sir?
No offense to anyone. And I too own a Maruti car.

Last edited:
Sir @balenoed.
We all know that you are a Maruti fan.
But just Bcoz tin cans sell more doesn't mean they are the best.
true, the Bolt may still look like a Vista Bcoz of the body shell shape. But that body shell is far more spacious and safer than the Swift.
The Tiago too is much more spacious and Vfm than the Swift. 14s for 0-100 for a 3cyl 1200cc car isn't far off from the Swift as well.
Yes, the big hatchbacks may be gaining popularity over the CS, but its the design preference of the customers which translates into sales. The Kite 5 has a fastback like design, which would be the most space efficient design, providing segment besting boot space and way better interiors than the Dzire or Swift at a price lower or at par with the Swift. I must say, That would be incredible vfm.
Sir, now who's talking in the air sir?
No offense to anyone. And I too own a Maruti car.
Brother, If you browse other threads you might have noticed that I suggested tiago over celerio as its better. If I am a Maruti fan I would have suggested celerio. I am not a Maruti fan and i prefer anyone should not judge who i am. Like you I don't poke my nose everywhere supporting tiago , zest ,bolt instead of the main contend of swift vxi vs zxi of this thread. That's shows you are a die hard tata fan without even analyzing any fact.

You said swift is boring design but do you feel bolt has better design which still has vista look. As you said vista is strong, then just browse google and you will get many bad shaped indica or vista because of accidents.

Stoop treating Maruti cars as tin cars as you have the right to say good about the brand you like but blaming a brand is not justified.

@balenoed, I may be a Tata fan. But I don't blindly support any car or brand. I have supported Figo, Ecosport, Xcent, Xuv, Tuv, etc too elsewhere in this forum.
Coming to the topic, do you mean i should stop suggesting better cars to people and let them suffer with the old boring Maruti cars? I have been a member of this forum for more than 2yrs. I too used to be a blind Maruti fan and have recieved quite a lot of flak for that. Then after analyzing the facts I realized the reality.
Waw I cant believe you came to the accident discussion. We have seen crushed Mercs and survived altos. All depends on the speed, forces of the accident.
S cross is the only better car from Maruti.
Anyway, lets see if the atleast new Swift is better or not.
Yes, we should stop this OT on this thread

Top Bottom