Best New Car To Buy Today For Rs.5 To 6 Lakhs?

Thread Starter #1
Greetings Fellow TAI-Gers ,

My first post on this forum [clap].

I am planning to change my ride (2009 Hyundai I10 Kappa), currently hunting for a new one with a budget of 5 lakhs to 6 Lakhs max.

Usage -

• It has to be Petrol and hatchback
  • Strictly Weekend rides (100 - 200 KMs) - city only
  • Good engine & suspension
  • Airbags & EBD - nice to have
I was zeroing on TIAGO XZ 1.2 P with Celerio ZXI coming close second. Now with people talking ill about the noisy, unproven New Revotron engine thinking of checking all the other options I have.

Fellow members, kindly share your valuable inputs.

Best New Car to Buy today for 5 to 6 Lakhs?

Tiago is far better choice than celerio. Celerio has nothing apart from the good engine. As you said that the NVH level is high which might be because of improper driving style also like if you drive in high RPM at lower gear. But knowing the fact it offer a healthy list of feature probably we can ignore few shortcomings.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Best New Car to Buy today for 5 to 6 Lakhs?

Greetings Fellow TAI-Gers ,

My first post on this forum

I am planning to change my ride (2009 Hyundai I10 Kappa), currently hunting for a new one with a budget of 5 lakhs to 6 Lakhs max.

Usage -

• It has to be Petrol and hatchback
  • Strictly Weekend rides (100 - 200 KMs) - city only
  • Good engine & suspension
  • Airbags & EBD - nice to have
I was zeroing on TIAGO XZ 1.2 P with Celerio ZXI coming close second. Now with people talking ill about the noisy, unproven New Revotron engine thinking of checking all the other options I have.
In comparison to Celerio, I would say Tiago is better in every aspect. The NVH of petrol engine is not really to be bothered about. I have driven the Petrol Tiago so I can suggest that buddy. As for Celerio, firstly, it got Zero in safety ranking just 2-3 months back. Except for MSIL brand name, personally, I don't really find it of any worth. As of Revotron engine of TATA, the Tiago went on a endurance test prior to launch and it has been tested to its limits and all journos felt its quite a capable and decent machine. Apart from these 2, if you may consider, do check out the Figo hatch too.

Regards

Akash

in your price range, Tiago is the vehicle that you have to go for.
Unmatched features and a competent 3 cylinder engine. Even the Ameo car costing way above your max price has a noisy 3 cylinder engine.

There are other higher class car which have lower/lowest variants also available in your price range but what you would be doing is not getting the safety features in the lower variants. This I wont advice you. Go for a lower class of car but go for top variant with all bells, whistles and mainly safety features like Airbags, ABS, etc.

Thread Starter #5

Tiago is far better choice than celerio. Celerio has nothing apart from the good engine. As you said that the NVH level is high which might be because of improper driving style also like if you drive in high RPM at lower gear. But knowing the fact it offer a healthy list of feature probably we can ignore few shortcomings.
Agree. Thanks.

In comparison to Celerio, I would say Tiago is better in every aspect. The NVH of petrol engine is not really to be bothered about. I have driven the Petrol Tiago so I can suggest that buddy. As for Celerio, firstly, it got Zero in safety ranking just 2-3 months back. Except for MSIL brand name, personally, I don't really find it of any worth. As of Revotron engine of TATA, the Tiago went on a endurance test prior to launch and it has been tested to its limits and all journos felt its quite a capable and decent machine. Apart from these 2, if you may consider, do check out the Figo hatch too.

Regards

Akash
I checked this FIGO TREND is in my budget but anything less than Titatnium would be less I feel.

in your price range, Tiago is the vehicle that you have to go for.
Unmatched features and a competent 3 cylinder engine. Even the Ameo car costing way above your max price has a noisy 3 cylinder engine.

There are other higher class car which have lower/lowest variants also available in your price range but what you would be doing is not getting the safety features in the lower variants. This I wont advice you. Go for a lower class of car but go for top variant with all bells, whistles and mainly safety features like Airbags, ABS, etc.
Exactly. If I am buying it should be the highest variant.

Go for Tiago XZ and you would not be disappointing by this VFM baby, loaded and safer option in the market today.

Take back to back TD for the cars shortlisted and then take the plunge[;)]

Thread Starter #8
Go for Tiago XZ and you would not be disappointing by this VFM baby, loaded and safer option in the market today.

Take back to back TD for the cars shortlisted and then take the plunge[;)]
This baby seems to be in super demand. Have booked TD with almost all tata dealers across bangalore, none seem to call me yet. Planning to walkin

This baby seems to be in super demand. Have booked TD with almost all tata dealers across bangalore, none seem to call me yet. Planning to walkin
haha I think its good to walk in as TD vehicles are quite busy these days and Tata dealers are facing this kind of demand after a long time.

Slowly n gradually they will learn to cater high demand[evil]

Tiago... It is a good package overall compared to celerio.. Also the next in line would be grand i10. As you already own a hyundai, maybe you can have a look.

Thread Starter #11
Tiago... It is a good package overall compared to celerio.. Also the next in line would be grand i10. As you already own a hyundai, maybe you can have a look.
Grand i10 is atleast 1.5l more premium. I was going through forum here about a thread - what car to buy, financials involved, car segment and believe Grand i10s one segment above.

Update on walkin -
Welcome sight to eyes, I saw good enough queue to keep me waiting for 2~3 hours. They had only one car and 3 were in car already with another 4~5 waiting. I had to rush back and they promised a call back (I was trying to trade my brother's 95 model zen as part of down payment)

Tata Tiago any day and every day over the Celerio. What Tata Tiago has:
1) Decent build quality
2) Way better interior and seats than Celerio
3) Better steering wheel
4) Better brakes
5) Awesome suspension, I can bet that Tiago has it better than even many cars those cost twice of Tiago
6) Revotron engine is very good in terms of city drivability
7) Awesome Harman music system

I reveiwed the Tiago and i tell you that i had hard time searching for the cons in the car. Whenever looked at the price, everything looked just perfect.

Here is the review for reference:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...5-tata-tiago-review-pictures-tatas-tiara.html

Thread Starter #13
Tata Tiago any day and every day over the Celerio. What Tata Tiago has:
1) Decent build quality
2) Way better interior and seats than Celerio
3) Better steering wheel
4) Better brakes
5) Awesome suspension, I can bet that Tiago has it better than even many cars those cost twice of Tiago
6) Revotron engine is very good in terms of city drivability
7) Awesome Harman music system

I reveiwed the Tiago and i tell you that i had hard time searching for the cons in the car. Whenever looked at the price, everything looked just perfect.

Here is the review for reference:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...5-tata-tiago-review-pictures-tatas-tiara.html
I dig it.

I Visited KHT motors, Kundanahalli on sunday evening when they were about to close. They happily obliged and waited those extra few minutes (30 minutes to be precise) so that I can sit in car.

There were two tiago's on display (both diesel & XZ variants) - interestingly one with Alloys and one without (they have a quote for this also approximately 20K less). Both had Goodyear assurance 175/65 tires. I did a walk around, sat in all possible seats, even asked the driver seat to be adjusted to max and peeked under the hood. Car looks CHIC [thumbsup], neat & looks a non -TATA car. waiting period mentioned 8 weeks but was told it could be 8 to max of 12 weeks for any color, variant.

They promised to get a Petrol car for TD in coming week. Out of curiosity asked him about the number of bookings and numbers delivered. He put on average they are receiving 2-3 bookings per week and delivered 65 tiago's with (75% petrol, 25 % diesel split).

Now for the not so good things I noticed, when asked to open the hood, I could see the hood support mechanism detached completely[frustration] in to REP's hand and he couldn't close it. Some of the parts in lower dash looked Ill fitted, have concerns about its long term reliability.

All in all a fruitful visit I would say.

Top Bottom