Need Help To Select SUV: Brezza vs EcoSport vs Creta vs XUV500

Thread Starter #1
Dear friends
I am planning to upgrade my car by February 2017.
Really confused and mind is like monkey on the following options
  1. Ecosport
  2. Brezza
  3. Creta
  4. XUV
I have and price range of 12 to 18 lacs
Being from Kerala am little bit afraid of the ban on diesel vehicles in the coming days.

kindly guide me please

Re: Please help......Really confused and under stress to select an SUV from Brezza to

Dear friends
  1. Ecosport
  2. Brezza
  3. Creta
  4. XUV
Being from Kerala am little bit afraid of the ban on diesel vehicles in the coming days.

kindly guide me please
Welcome to TAI buddy.
Well, that is a good list of options. I would also suggest you to wait for the Hexa and Nexon from Tata motors. I am sure you might have seen them in pics atleast.
The Hexa is expected to rival the XUV, but at a marginally cheaper size, while offering better 4X4 tech. Given that you are from Kerala, Tata is currently testing a new 2.0L Diesel for the Hexa. I am not sure about this new engine's launch.
The Nexon is the most anticipated Compact crossover to rival the Brezza and Ecosport. It is expected to launch by March 2017.
Meanwhile, Mahindra will supposedly launch the Tivoli in Inida. It could be worth a look as well.

Re: Please help......Really confused and under stress to select an SUV from Brezza to

IMHO best option for you is to wait for these cars, which are going to launch before may 2017.(from TATA either hexa or nexon in the given time frame).All of these cars are worth the wait period!

1 TATA Nexon
Tata-Nexon-SUV-5-810x540.jpg

2 TATA Hexa
Tata-Hexa-1024x375.jpg

3 Next gen Ford Ecosport
2017-ford-ecosport-facelift-spied_827x510_71465903812.jpeg

4 Hyundai Tucson
2016-Hyundai-Tucson-5-of-7-610x407.jpg

Some of them could launch before feb 2017,still if you are not willing to wait then my personal choice would be between Creta(premium) and XUV 500(space and value for money) as per your priority.

Regarding diesel ban ,There are two things to consider.

1You cannot use your vehicle after 15 years.
2 You will not be able to take your vehicle to major cities after 10 years.

Dear friends
  1. Ecosport
  2. Brezza
  3. Creta
  4. XUV

kindly guide me please

I think its worth to wait until tata motors nexon launches which could happen in early 2017 and check it out it has a revolutionary design in its segment (exterior and interior ) coming with 1.5 cc diesel and if you go by the Autocar India video review you can see the center arm rest console is in an raised position which is something that's available in premium luxury car segments if you can't wait out of the four Hyundai creta is the best which offers the best built quality if you want power and size go for xuv 500 I am you i don't go for eco sport which is getting mid life updated model mostly next year 2017 out of the four I don't even consider vitara brezza because even though it is having a large bookings it design is already showing age which doesn't look eager or aspirational and its medicore engine performance turbo lag

Note : views are totally personal not against other views

Do you want a large car or a car with specific capabilities ? Amongst the cars in your list, the XUV is the only one that is a more capable SUV, especially in AWD avatar. You havent listed the Duster, which is an even more capable AWD SUV than the XUV in certain situations (lighter weight, better GC, approach/breakover/departure angles).
If you want a nice looking large car, then choose the Creta over the Ecosport or the Brezza- its a no-brainer. IF not, then you need to look at XUV/Duster/Tata Hexa (if launched by then)

XUV - The best among your shortlisted cars.
Ecosport- If you don't need badly a 7 seater then ecosport is the car you should go for. Also the build quality of ford is the best in the segment with safety features.

Creta- 1.6 litre engine is good along with segment leader interior quality. But would you like to buy it which is priced in XUV territory.

Breeza- Better you avoid it. In the price range that you mentioned you have much better choice.

Hexa & Nexon: Don't expect these to have better than the cars in your list owning the fact that horror stories of aria and safari floats around. Both cars need to have benchmarked feature to beat others for which I have a doubt ( No offence to these car owners).

Thread Starter #8
Thanks my friends
From the researches in various forums and ownership experiences my initial reasons against each of the listed are as follows.
Ecosport
1.Low seating position
2.Sub4meter
3.Running on the final stage of this version
Brezza
1.Very simple reason – Not up to expection
Creta
All are as a result of comparison with XUV (but adjustable)
1. 16.75 lakhs on road price
2. XUV has steering reach adjust
3. XUV has an occasional 7 seater advantage
4. XUV has hill descent control
5. XUV has more road presence
6. XUV has more second row space
XUV
1. Will my 19 lakh vanish on a single day of Govt decision
2. What will be the resale value even nothing above happened after 7 years
3. Heavy objection from the friend who previously owning one XYLO
4. Build quality as compared to Creta
As above all of the above friends suggesting Hexa and Nexon is also in my mind. But in my opinion TML will launch this in my next change only. But still I have hope up to Feb 2017.
Guys another important thing I want to know from you is out of the above 3 which one in your opinion having the best second row comfort as my biggest concern is my elder parents comfort balanced with ride quality

Last edited:
So which one did you buy finally? Facing the very same dilemma myself. To make things even more confusing, almost all the options that you were considering are getting launched within the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Top Bottom