Maruti Suzuki Ertiga AT vs Toyota Innova Crysta AT: Cost of Ownership & Maintenance

Thread Starter #1
Hi everyone,
This is my first post on TAI since I joined few hours back this morning. I would like to learn about the cost of ownership & maintenance for Ertiga AT & Innova Crysta AT Petrol. I intend to buy a MUV in 3 months time. The Ertiga petrol 1.4 is almost half the size in engine of the Crysta 2.7 (to be soon seen on road by september); this makes me derive to the understanding that a massive engine of 2.7 lts. capacity shall be costly to maintain. Need guidelines from car experts & owners.
Regards,
- Salman

Re: Ertiga AT vs Innova Crysta AT - Cost of ownership & Maintenance

You are comparing Peanuts and Coconuts!! Difference between these 2 are day and night. While Ertiga is not a full fledged 7 seater, it is more of a occasional 7 seater. It is 6 seater at best. OTOH, Innova is a full fledged 7 seater. 3rd row is not downright cramped like Ertiga.

Please define your requirements and budget well. Otherwise, you can't make decision for now. With all these options, you will get more confused!

Toyota sales adviser whom i talked to said the innova 2.8 at diesel or any other diesel crysta service cost is 70,000 for 1 lakh kms. So petrol must be lesser than that.

As FD has mentioned pls define your requirements for further discussion.

You can't compare these at any point neither in engine, seating capacity, comfort or price. None matches or can be considered.

Both car serves different purpose for different kind of buyers. So before you finalize the car for you list down your requirement like,

- people travelling most of times [majorly numbers of adults travelling]
- budget
- kms per month
- terrain on which you will be using the car most of the times
- physic of commuters, I mean tall and healthy

And as said by "Furious_Driver" INNOVA is a proper 7 seater and not Ertiga.

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga AT vs Toyota Innova Crysta AT: Cost of Ownership & Maintenan

Whoever said Ertiga is not a proper 7 seater. Its third row is better than that of Innova. Well boot space is definitely more in Innova

Re: Maruti Suzuki Ertiga AT vs Toyota Innova Crysta AT: Cost of Ownership & Maintenan

Whoever said Ertiga is not a proper 7 seater. Its third row is better than that of Innova. Well boot space is definitely more in Innova
AFAIK,there is only two vehicles which has good third row and 2nd row below 15 lakhs, one is xylo another is innova.

AFAIK,there is only two vehicles which has good third row and 2nd row below 15 lakhs, one is xylo another is innova.
I'd rate Xylo @ 1st and Innova @ 2nd. Xylo is the only car, in which, I'd sit in 3rd row even if don't have to!

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

I'd rate Xylo @ 1st and Innova @ 2nd. Xylo is the only car, in which, I'd sit in 3rd row even if don't have to!
I don't know if you are taking about space or comfort. But i wouldnt prefer any of the xylo's seat. Not at all comfortable for long routes.

I don't know if you are taking about space or comfort. But i wouldnt prefer any of the xylo's seat. Not at all comfortable for long routes.
I'm talking about Space & Comfort. Yes, long trips in Xylo is little tough, but my brother after driving 1000s of kms, he drives Xylo so good, I simply take Xylo if my brother is going to come with me, even if it is long trip.

We once had this 2 day sudden spiritual trip([lol]) and we drove over ~1500kms in 2 days. Apart from normal tiredness, we didn't felt anything else. In fact, while driving, if one of us drive, one will give company and other one will sleep in 3rd row seat. It is that comfortable, if driven properly. BTW We never do anything more than 80 and we used to drive like that!

But on the other hand, travelling in Taxi Xylo is the worst thing to happen. They drive this car and there is no concept of slowing for small speed breaker, which is irritating, because they are jiggling the already boat like experience to another level.

Fd,
Regarding the boat experience. Once i travelled around inside chennai in a taxi xylo, It was a horrible and scary expeience, the braking and cornering by the guy was quite scary.

Ertiga is not peanut and Innova crysta is not coconut just because of high power engine and costlier. There is lot of difference between on paper vs real life. Both are from different segments can't compare.

-suryaputhra

Ertiga is not peanut and Innova crysta is not coconut just because of high power engine and costlier. There is lot of difference between on paper vs real life. Both are from different segments can't compare.

-suryaputhra
Dude, that was just a metaphor!

These days, with n number of options, people tend to forget what they want and rather they do cross shopping. It is like asking, what can I buy, Mercedes C250 or Hyundai Creta!

Yes, it sound absurd, but that is how it is! I see people compare Ertiga v Creta, City v Elantra, and list goes on! I don't blame them, but when it comes to forum, I want them to know the difference. So to put it in simple terms, I just used that metaphor!

I know only three things based on my personal experience:
Ertiga can give even 15-16 kpl if driven sane, Crysta petrol will gove 10 max (believe me, I have driven both)
Ertiga is any ways more manageable and easier to drive
Ertiga is the one I will buy if I have to, crysta has a lot of power on paper but it doesn't translate to a cracker of a performance on the road.

If seven seats are must, go Crysta.

I know only three things based on my personal crysta has a lot of power on paper but it doesn't translate to a cracker of a performance on the road.
Are you talking about petrol crysta?

I know only three things based on my personal experience:
Ertiga can give even 15-16 kpl if driven sane, Crysta petrol will gove 10 max (believe me, I have driven both)
Ertiga is any ways more manageable and easier to drive
Ertiga is the one I will buy if I have to, crysta has a lot of power on paper but it doesn't translate to a cracker of a performance on the road.

If seven seats are must, go Crysta.
I have driven both to the core I too have the same feeling.

-suryaputhra

Top Bottom