BMW X1 M-Sport or Mercedes-Benz GLC 300?

Thread Starter #1
Dear Team,
This is my 1st post in the forum. Infact just signed up today to get advise from you folks.

I want some experts advise or guidance and assist me buying a car.
I researched online a lot and took test drive of BMW X1 Xdrive too.
I was about to pay the advance, that's when I got a call from local Merc Dealer.

I still did not get the exact ground clearance of BMW X1 2016 and also the alloy wheel size of the Msport variant.

Different websites are pitching difference in numbers and the dealer tells a different one.

Which one of these is better in terms of ride quality, performance and safety. Is it advisable to go for the Merc. It comes on road with a Hefty 20L more price.

Please give me the pros & cons.

Oh yeah advise on the mileage too ( Typical Indian [:)] )

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello Anand, apologies for a late reply dear.[:)] I am most of the time traveling! As per your query above, I would like to share my experience with the GLC and New Gen X1. As I have driven the GLC, I would say it is a good car but the boot space and under thigh support are lacking. Also GLC is a CBU i.e GLC Edition 1. About pricing GLC is Ex-showroom 51 lacs approx and its maintenance too will be on higher side. You may read my drive experience of GLC 300 4 Matic over here. I believe, Mercs show luxury and opulence but performance wise the cars (AMGs Excluded) are slightly on lower side in comparison to BMW. About the new BMW X1, the car is lot more aggressive looking and interior wise more smart than the earlier ones. I am yet to drive one though but you can check the videos and pics on the highlighted link shared above. BMW provides both performance and luxury. So in both, my choice is BMW X1.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3
Hi AkashThanks for your reply.
I'm being offered a test drive Car of BMW X3 Xdrive 2016 model at a discounted price.

Is it worth to buy it.

Please reply fast as the guy is planning to collect cheque tomorrow from me.

Is this a nice car when compared to GLC ?

It has ran 4600 Kms and it has for reverse camera and GPS integrated.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hi AkashThanks for your reply.
I'm being offered a test drive Car of BMW X3 Xdrive 2016 model at a discounted price.

Is it worth to buy it.

Please reply fast as the guy is planning to collect cheque tomorrow from me.

Is this a nice car when compared to GLC ?
Frankly, X3 is indeed better than GLC in terms of performance and has a macho road presence. Do make sure to do PDI and go for it buddy.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #5
Yes he has promised to do a PDI and polish the car with 3M and clean the leather seats too and deliver it.

Is there anything else I must check in the car?

The car is totally free from dents and scratches. Looks brand new and the odometer shows 4607 kms as of today.

In what way is it different to the X1 Msport
Parents are advising to go with x1 itself as its brand new

This car is claimed as 4 months old.

Any advise please !!

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Yes he has promised to do a PDI and polish the car with 3M and clean the leather seats too and deliver it.

Is there anything else I must check in the car?

The car is totally free from dents and scratches. Looks brand new and the odometer shows 4607 kms as of today.

In what way is it different to the X1 Msport
Parents are advising to go with x1 itself as its brand new

This car is claimed as 4 months old.

Any advise please !!
Well, 4600 kms is not much to be honest. Being a premium SUV I would say it is very less used because TD cars are usually used a lot in displays and drives. Different drivers have different driving manners. X3 is a segment above the X1 and if you are absolutely satisfied with the PDI, then you can buy it and its indeed a nice SUV. Also buy the BMW Service Package for added peace of mind buddy. As of parents, with all due respect, X3 less used is still a better choice than X1. You won't be getting as much a sweet deal on new X1 at present so for the discounts on X3 you are getting more of car for a reasonable price. Go for X3.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #7
Thanks a lot for the guidance AkashI shall opt for the X3 and shall take the service package from BMW

Thanks again for the help & support

Sorry again to botherWhat all should I check in PDI ?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
There's no hurry to book. You should tell him when to collect the cheque:p not him.

Anyways how much discounts are you getting on the x3? I am sure he must have offered some discounts on a new x3 as well.

Thread Starter #11
There's no hurry to book. You should tell him when to collect the cheque:p not him.

Anyways how much discounts are you getting on the x3? I am sure he must have offered some discrounts on a new x3 as well.
OTR chennai comes to 67.5L
He is giving for 56L

I did not enquire about new X3 as it was beyond my budget as I was intended to buy X1 Msport

Is this a fair deal ??

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
He'a giving you a xdrive 20d xline right ? Seems like a fair deal but you can try other bmw dealers as well. Just yesterday my friends dad inquired about a mini cooper and they were giving him the car at ex showroom price ( 6 lakhs off) 6 lakhs off on a new mini. You can get more than that. Tell him you can only do 52 lakhs. He will give another 1-2 lakhs off. Keep us updated. And please don't be ashamed to ask for more discounts(my friends ask me not to be blunt in front of the advisor :p I simply tell him I am getting the car at this price so tell me if you can do better)

Last edited:

Top Bottom