Requesting Suggestions For Rs.4 - 7 Lakh Car For a Student

Thread Starter #1
> Your Budget: 4 - 7 lakh
> New or Used: Either works
> Your Location: Nagpur, Maharashtra
> Top Five Priorities: Safety, Perfomance, Sturdiness, Looks, Reliability, Manouverability(small size). Dont care about space or comfort or boot. Not looking for 'features' like cooled glove boxes or keyless entry fobs.
> Monthly Running: 1000-1200km
> Type of Fuel: Either works
> For What Purpose: Mostly City. Highway drive once a month.
> Seating Capacity: Not important
> Type of Segment: Hatchback

Hello!! I'm a new member. I want a 1200 cc car with abs and airbags. Just for Gym and College. I dont want to stress about Parking. At the same time I intend to use it on a Highway once a week.

With all these specifications, my options appear to be
1. Petrol Figo Titanium
2. Brio VX
3. Grand i10 Asta

Brio is the cheapest. And frankly i LOVE how it looks. However its 4 years old. Hasn't really been updated since 2012. Also, Honda has already released next gen Brio in Thailand and Indonesia. I would have already have bought if I wasn't worried about it being outadated in just 6 months! What are your thoughts about that? Does anyone have any info about the new Brio release date?

Thank you for reading.[:D]

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Requesting sugestions for 4-7 lakh car for a student. Also questions about the Br

> Your Budget: 4 - 7 lakh
> New or Used: Either works
> Your Location: Nagpur, Maharashtra
> Top Five Priorities: Safety, Perfomance, Sturdiness, Looks, Reliability, Manouverability(small size). Dont care about space or comfort or boot. Not looking for 'features' like cooled glove boxes or keyless entry fobs.
> Monthly Running: 1000-1200km
> Type of Fuel: Either works
> For What Purpose: Mostly City. Highway drive once a month.
> Seating Capacity: Not important
> Type of Segment: Hatchback
Petrol Hatchback is fine your use buddy. You may see the following options in the segment:

Hatchback:

* Baleno & Swift

* Figo Hatchback

* Grand i10

* Polo

* TATA Bolt or even Tiago.

* Jazz

Compact Sedan

* Hyundai Xcent

* Figo Aspire

* Maruti Dzire

Hello!! I'm a new member. I want a 1200 cc car with abs and airbags. Just for Gym and College. I dont want to stress about Parking. At the same time I intend to use it on a Highway once a week.
Above options give reasonably good performance.

1. Petrol Figo Titanium
2. Brio VX
3. Grand i10 Asta
Brio is a compact zippy performer but the glass boot puts me off. Moreover, its now dated and the facelift of Brio is on the cards. Apart from above 3 you may see the listed options too buddy. Also, of the 3, Grand i10 and Figo are worthy in my personal view.

Brio is the cheapest. And frankly i LOVE how it looks. However its 4 years old. Hasn't really been updated since 2012. Also, Honda has already released next gen Brio in Thailand and Indonesia. I would have already have bought if I wasn't worried about it being outadated in just 6 months! What are your thoughts about that? Does anyone have any info about the new Brio release date?
Brio is getting a facelift for sure but exact date is not confirmed yet even though the AMAZE has got the facelift now. Still, if by chance you opt for compact sedans then stay away from AMAZE due to it's stalling issues. Due to low air intake the AMAZE gets stalled in puddle of water easily and creates a mess.

Regards

Akash

>
1. Petrol Figo Titanium
2. Brio VX
3. Grand i10 Asta
Why not considering Tata Tiago, it fits in you criteria. Its also loaded with features and is more safer than Grand i10 IMO.

Out of three I would advise Figo.
I would no suggest because:
Brio - because its old and feels outdated.
Grand i10 - structure is not stable.

Note - These are my views, no offence to anyone.

There it is, right in your requirements list.
Tata Tiago will be perfect with style, safety, comfort, 1200cc, sturdiness, etc.
Since your monthly running seems higher, better to opt for the torquey diesel, which is 1050cc, yet works absolutely great.
Take a test drive of both, petrol and diesel and choose what suits best.

Well we can just hope that the face lifted brio get launched this festive season.Its the best choice among the three that you have shortlisted which comes with already proven 1.2 iVTEC coupled with Honda brand.If you can't wait for brio get home a Figo Diesel.You just won't regret for your decision once you revved it.With 1.5 TCDi and 100 ps power with almost zero tubro lag its the best diesel hatch under 10 lakhs.

Like many have suggested, go for the newest kid in the market, Tiago start TD of both petrol and diesel, and read up all good and bad ownership reviews, and then take a call.

Thread Starter #8
Why not considering Tata Tiago, it fits in you criteria. Its also loaded with features and is more safer than Grand i10 IMO.

Out of three I would advise Figo.
I would no suggest because:
Brio - because its old and feels outdated.
Grand i10 - structure is not stable.

Note - These are my views, no offence to anyone.
Tata service center in my area is very bad. And its the only one in my area. Dont want to face that especially since there are so many options.

Well we can just hope that the face lifted brio get launched this festive season.Its the best choice among the three that you have shortlisted which comes with already proven 1.2 iVTEC coupled with Honda brand.If you can't wait for brio get home a Figo Diesel.You just won't regret for your decision once you revved it.With 1.5 TCDi and 100 ps power with almost zero tubro lag its the best diesel hatch under 10 lakhs.
[frustration] Dammit Honda. I first decided on Figo petrol. But many reviews said that the engine was weak.

OTOH, figo diesel with abs and airbags price goes into i20 territory.

7.35 for diesel Figo and 7.65 for petrol i20. As my usage is low, diesel isnt important.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you don't want to go for tata because of service issue and also want to remove Figo and Brio from the list.So you are left with only grand i10 which I feel is a good car if you can compromise on handling and riding comfort.You can also check swift VXi which might cost less than 7 lacs.

Top Bottom