Best Family Car For Rural Area (Pre-owned)

Thread Starter #1
Hello TAI , I am looking for a preowned 7 seater SUV/MUV or 5 seater sedan for my home at my native village in UP . My budget is 2-3 lakh , I am looking for a a vehicle which can serve for next 3-4 years.
Please suggest me the best vehicle and where to buy .
I am In Delhi and I never bought any preowned vehicle.

Last edited:
Re: Best family car for rural area (pre owned)

2-3 lac, I would suggest to go for Tata Sumo or Spacio.
Mahindra Jeeps are good but have good demand in rural area so rates may be high.

If looking for a 5 seater / Sedan no one can beat value of an Indica/go. It is abuse friendly and you can find mechanics who know the car.

Another option can be used Omni Van. I know people will beat discussion to death that these cars are not safe and one should not buy them. We have owned Omni in past and never felt unsafe in them.

Cheers !!!

SG

Akash1886

Honoured Member

You may check on Bolero, Tavera or Sumo. I have seen number of Boleros and Tavera(s) being used in rural areas of Rampur, Moradabad, Bareilly, Badaun et al. They are capable of serving your purpose. But do make sure of the documentations and vehicle history too.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4

@max_jeopardy any experience with Eeco ?
@Akash1886 What about quanto ?

Well my monthly use will be 300-500km atmost.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

any experience with Eeco ?
@Akash1886 What about quanto ?

Well my monthly use will be 300-500km atmost.
Eeco is a unsafe car almost similar to Omni in terms of built quality. It got a ZERO for passenger safety too recently. In petrol there are not many choices though you may look for cars like Datsun Go+ or used Ertiga (3-3.5 year old). Quanto I don't think is viable.

Regards

Akash

check out the tata spacio that runs on 407 engine. It's a work horse engine. the other option is bolero with DI engine.

apart from that try out force Trax gama a very capable people mover

Buying a 7 seater at 3lac would be gambling with the maintenance cost. If you are very expert in understanding the condition of engine, body and other parts as well then you could find a better one, else drop this idea or increase the budget to get a better one.

At price of 3 lac you could get a INDICA or SWIFT. So it can maintained is rural area with most spares availability.

Thread Starter #9
@Akash1886 Thanks for advice , Will check ertiga or sumo grande ( One guy in Rohini is selling it for 3.2lakh)
@pravin1987 Not getting good deals on tata sumo
@amitpshelke Thanks for advice , Last option is swift petrol.

Want to buy before diwali. Can stretch budget to 5 L by year end.

Last edited:
That would be better, if you could increase budget to get more recent and quality check car, later you have less worry on maintenance.

If you are not is hurry that take a time to search a good car, may be you can get lucky.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
@Akash1886 Thanks for advice , Will check ertiga or sumo grande ( One guy in Rohini is selling it for 3.2lakh)

Want to buy before diwali. Can stretch budget to 5 L by year end.
Buddy if you are able to stretch the budget to 5 Lacs then I guess Ertiga can be a very good option.

Regards

Akash

Top Bottom