Buying My First Ever New Car!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,

First of all sorry for my bad english.
This is my first ever post about car.
About a month ago me and my family decided to buy a new car as we also want a secondary vehicle and its difficult for us when we have to go together. Currently we are owning a Honda Activa.

Our Budget 5-6 lakh max
First priority is space and comfort,like good suspension
And mileage is also a priority
Our monthly running be less than 700km and occasional(once in a 6months) highway trips about 600kms to and fro
As this is our first new car we want a pleasant after sales service
We are only thinking of buying a hatchback only.

After so much research i have shortlisted some cars with their specific variants. Please help me to choose one. They are as below:
1. Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz (P)
2. Swift Vxi
3. VW Polo Trendline 1.2 MPI
If any car you can suggest please!!

Thanks

Hi ,

Grand i10 will serve you well.

As a second option, I suggest you test drive the VW Ameo Trendline 1.2 P (on road Chandigarh 5.98 lacs)

Looks like good value... A sedan for the price of a hatchback.

Test drive 4-5 cars with your family before you make any decision.
Cheers!

I understand you are interested for Hatch back only, if interested you can check Tata Zest Petrol, it would fit well in your budget and will be spacious enough for long family trips.

I believe Tata motors service is good in Chandigarh and would be a nice car to drive.

Also if you can stretch your budget a little and god for i20 Magna variant would be a nice option and taxes in CH are less ex showroom costs wont be much different.

Thanks,

SG

I am surprised that given all your requirements, you are still considering the very "not-spacious" Polo and Age old cramped Swift.
Also surprised that you haven't considered the Tiago or the Zest. Both of them are really well-built, huge VFM and very spacious with segment best suspension.
Since you are looking for Petrol, Tiago petrol delivers 24kmpl.
Take a test drive of the Tiago and you will forget the Polo and Swift. There are a few Tiago owners from Chandigarh in the owners group as well and they are quite satisfied with the service.
Rather than considering the tin cans like Grand i10 and Swift, you really should know the better cars available in the market sirji.

your requirements does not coincide with the cars choosen swift is proven but feels short on suspension and space. It's a fun to ride car but falls short in ride quality.

polo has wafer thin dealership network and again has no space.

Hyundai cars cost a lot in long term maintainence.

if you were to choose only between this cars, go for swift.

if you want to explore other option try out tiago. you can get tiago diesel with all features. I know you will be worried Tata quality. Tata has improved.It does not mean that jap and korean cars does not have issues, most of the things go unreported.

As recommended by others, check out Tiago top model. It will give you complete package with safety feature and amazing Harmon sytem.

Do TD all the cars before you take your decision.

Hello everyone,
Our Budget 5-6 lakh max
First priority is space and comfort,like good suspension
And mileage is also a priority
Our monthly running be less than 700km and occasional(once in a 6months) highway trips about 600kms to and fro
As this is our first new car we want a pleasant after sales service
We are only thinking of buying a hatchback only.

After so much research i have shortlisted some cars with their specific variants. Please help me to choose one. They are as below:
1. Hyundai Grand i10 Sportz (P)
2. Swift Vxi
3. VW Polo Trendline 1.2 MPI
If any car you can suggest please!!

Thanks
Hi Rishab - Welcome to this Wonderful Forum [clap]

Looking at your requirements, I believe below short listed cars will not serve your purpose

1. Swift VXI - Safety is big minus in this and does not have good space
2. VW Polo - Has a pathetic rear space and boot and VW after sales is big let down and a big risk for the first time Car owner like you

I suggest you remove above two from your list :please:

3. Grand I 10 - If you are fine with the light built, then this should be good for you

Apart from Grand I 10, As suggested by others you can check out Tiago and Also Zest if you want a little bigger car then Tiago

Thread Starter #8
Hi ,

Grand i10 will serve you well.

As a second option, I suggest you test drive the VW Ameo Trendline 1.2 P (on road Chandigarh 5.98 lacs)

Looks like good value... A sedan for the price of a hatchback.

Test drive 4-5 cars with your family before you make any decision.
Cheers!
I am only considering of buying a hatchback car as it is y first car and do not want a sedan. Also i am not that expert in driving now and lacks in experience. I took test drive of two cars till now Tiago and Grand i10 though i found that the Tiago (P) is not that refined and NVH levels are higher while the Grand i10 was a comfort to drive and NVH was minimal. But i was bit scared about the A.S.S. of both.

I understand you are interested for Hatch back only, if interested you can check Tata Zest Petrol, it would fit well in your budget and will be spacious enough for long family trips.

I believe Tata motors service is good in Chandigarh and would be a nice car to drive.

Also if you can stretch your budget a little and god for i20 Magna variant would be a nice option and taxes in CH are less ex showroom costs wont be much different.

Thanks,

SG
Thankyou so much.
As i already said lack experience. I once drove Tata Zest (p) XT and i surely say the car is good but its kind of big for me. Yes Elite i20 was on my list but i will consider the Era model (P) if i get one. and also is i-gen i20 still available in market?

I am surprised that given all your requirements, you are still considering the very "not-spacious" Polo and Age old cramped Swift.
Also surprised that you haven't considered the Tiago or the Zest. Both of them are really well-built, huge VFM and very spacious with segment best suspension.
Since you are looking for Petrol, Tiago petrol delivers 24kmpl.
Take a test drive of the Tiago and you will forget the Polo and Swift. There are a few Tiago owners from Chandigarh in the owners group as well and they are quite satisfied with the service.
Rather than considering the tin cans like Grand i10 and Swift, you really should know the better cars available in the market sirji.
Thankyou so much.
I also considered other cars its not like that.
1. Jazz - removed because of over pricing.
2. Figo - low fuel efficiency.
3. Brio - small
4. Tata cars were removed because of nvh levels and reliabilty and its cost maintaince.

I test drove Tiago XZ (p) and i surely say it is loaded with so much features under a small cost. though i removed it because of nvh levels and when you turn on AC it gets real loud.

your requirements does not coincide with the cars choosen swift is proven but feels short on suspension and space. It's a fun to ride car but falls short in ride quality.

polo has wafer thin dealership network and again has no space.

Hyundai cars cost a lot in long term maintainence.

if you were to choose only between this cars, go for swift.

if you want to explore other option try out tiago. you can get tiago diesel with all features. I know you will be worried Tata quality. Tata has improved.It does not mean that jap and korean cars does not have issues, most of the things go unreported.
Thankyou so much.
Yes I can say that the Tata Motors has improved the quality but still the NVH levels were not tolerable once you turn on the AC and i will consider a silent car. otherwise the ride quality and drive is enjoyable.

As recommended by others, check out Tiago top model. It will give you complete package with safety feature and amazing Harmon sytem.

Do TD all the cars before you take your decision.
Thankyou so much.
I already told everything earlier. I test drove two only till now. today going for test drive of Polo and Swift. if available will go for elite i20.

Hi Rishab - Welcome to this Wonderful Forum [clap]

Looking at your requirements, I believe below short listed cars will not serve your purpose

1. Swift VXI - Safety is big minus in this and does not have good space
2. VW Polo - Has a pathetic rear space and boot and VW after sales is big let down and a big risk for the first time Car owner like you

I suggest you remove above two from your list :please:

3. Grand I 10 - If you are fine with the light built, then this should be good for you

Apart from Grand I 10, As suggested by others you can check out Tiago and Also Zest if you want a little bigger car then Tiago
Thankyou so much.
Does this light build affect the stability of the car?

Thankyou so much.
Does this light build affect the stability of the car?
I am not expert here, but as per my opinion light build may affect the stability because of high way speeds and strong cross winds. More than stability my main concern with light build will be safety of the occupants in case of accidents. So I suggest to stay away from any car which we know are unsafe.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Check liva as well. Better than grand i10 in every way. Dont recommend swift , grand i10 because of 0 crash test ratings. Liva scored 4 stars in the same even though the car has light build quality but Toyota didn't compromise on the structure quality.

Tiago is another underestimated car. Again it's much better than grand i10.

Thankyou so much.
I am only considering of buying a hatchback car as it is y first car and do not want a sedan. Also i am not that expert in driving now and lacks in experience. I took test drive of two cars till now Tiago and Grand i10 though i found that the Tiago (P) is not that refined and NVH levels are higher while the Grand i10 was a comfort to drive and NVH was minimal. But i was bit scared about the A.S.S. of both.

Thankyou so much.
As i already said lack experience. I once drove Tata Zest (p) XT and i surely say the car is good but its kind of big for me. Yes Elite i20 was on my list but i will consider the Era model (P) if i get one. and also is i-gen i20 still available in market?

Thankyou so much.
I also considered other cars its not like that.
1. Jazz - removed because of over pricing.
2. Figo - low fuel efficiency.
3. Brio - small
4. Tata cars were removed because of nvh levels and reliabilty and its cost maintaince.

I test drove Tiago XZ (p) and i surely say it is loaded with so much features under a small cost. though i removed it because of nvh levels and when you turn on AC it gets real loud.
NVH levels? AC noise is surely high when u go to 2nd speed or more. But Tiago naturally has higher fan speed on the sped 1 itself. I cant believe you ignored a car based on such flimsy facts.
Reliability? Cost of maintenance? Buddy, I would suggest you to watch the #gearedforgreat challenge by Tata motors where all the Tata manufactured engines, Zest, Bolt and Tiago Revotron and Tiago Revotorq were run for continuous 15 days at high speeds, day and night. They achieved 50000kms in just 15 days. Their reliability has been proved solid.
Regarding maintenance costs, do you think the Maruti car will save your wallet? Wrong! I know I paid 12K in March for the service of my Ertiga, and that 12K didnt include any repairs. My Ertiga is 4 years old.
Furthermore, you yourself will be so bored to drive your Maruti or Hyundai after a year or two and regret your decision when it comes to suspension and handling.
I am telling you, there is no other complete, well made car than the Tiago in that price range. It has no compromises in any department at all.
I am the admin of the Tiago owners club and I can vouch for the Owner's satisfaction.
It's your decision afterall.

Stretch your budget and go for a compact sedan with abs and dual airbags, most hatchbacks are good as a two seater only.
Also jap/korean cars have comfortable suspension, but not good for triple digit speeds.

If safety is your primary no car can beat German car...For any other priority Maruti is the beat choice.
We have a wrong perception that lighter build cars are unsafe.Look at the European crash test of Scorpio,it scored 0 star with its heavy build quality.But Baleno with its light build quality scored 2 stars.So its wrong to say all Maruti cars are unsafe.

If safety is your primary no car can beat German car...For any other priority Maruti is the beat choice.
We have a wrong perception that lighter build cars are unsafe.Look at the European crash test of Scorpio,it scored 0 star with its heavy build quality.But Baleno with its light build quality scored 2 stars.So its wrong to say all Maruti cars are unsafe.
Am with you when you say We have a wrong perception that lighter build cars are unsafe however scoring 2 stars is not an achievement specially when its for a precieved premium hatchback that to from a giant called Maruti[frustration]

And I have a perception that most of the cars who are on sales today might not be on sales once the carsh test act will be forced by govt of India as they might not pass.

I assume Tiago was built keeping the upcoming crash test in mind(as quoted by Tata officials) as it is the freshest of the lot. Baleno might pass as well but am not sure specially after your comment that it scored 2 stars.

Above remarks are my own and might differ with others. my two cents[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom