Planning To Buy a Second Hand Ford Figo

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,
I am planning to buy a used car with a budget of 3.5 to 4.5 lakhs.one of my relative suggested me that we can get recent models of figo(2011-2014). As we can get recent models for the same budget.
Kindly give me the suggestions

hi, go for polo, it's a great highway car.
find a cat that's well maintained not the most run, vw cars can do 2 all kms easily, only thing us you need to get one well maintained, I bought polo for 3.75l 90k run , but well maintained, engine was in good condition, revs without any vibration like a petrol car.

i can easily overtake or cruise on 140 will all confidence.
make sure u get most , ie look for highline or comfortline.

you can easily get for such budget.

look for my ownership review for results.

Ford figo -second hand is a good option ,do check on the following -

1.Service history -
Fords were known as white elephants ,but i can say that as any car these days,with good care its moderate ride,not as expensive as Skodas.

Service intervals being 1000,10k,20k,...
A normal service bill would come within 5k (Usually 2500-3500).

Major service being in ,30/40k ,and 70/80k ,depending on condition of parts and repair needed.

So while checking the car's odometer reading ,do ask for service history ,if major service wasn't done ,you can deduct the amount .
These major services ,can cost upto 40k(For diesels,where engine revitalisation like procedures are done)

2.Some major niggles in figo which i have seen-
*Throttle sensor issue( Sensor reprogramming /by sensor replacement )
*Steering being hydraulic unit (Semi powered,a sensor ,controls the overall hydraulic mechanism)
-The sensor can crash
*Suspension health can be checked
* A regular ford user can detect any change in engine health ,by just hearing the engine noise .
These can be related with injector,turbo,and other mechanisms.
*Central bolt/Engine mount (Don't know exact technical term )-Which holds the engine in frame,as being a bit low GC car,can suffer damage,and this can cause misalignment of rack of drive shafts ,and these can be quickly diagnosed by alignment error,with repeated alignment procedures ,the alignment won't get fixed.

As resale value of ford is pretty low,with a good check one can buy good ride ,if one plans to keep for quite sometime..

Top Bottom