Help Me Buy a Good Highway Car For Rs.12 Lakh Price Bracket

Thread Starter #1
Hi guy's,

Please my close friend is in dilemma of buying a car for highway use.

His current garage is
Tweaked palio mjd with new engine.
Lancer 2007 in mint condition
2015 xuv 500 AWD w10

He is mileage minded and also likes cars with solid build quality and hassle free ownership.

Currently palio returns 20 for highways with its awesome in gear performance , even my polo can't win it, but it lacks safety feature like abs and Ebd, on hard braking car takes a side which is a critical thing to take to account.

On the other side lancer with its streamlined body and highway stability, and low seating position, gives a comfortable long rides and can never feel a straining, but lacks in performance in gear and noisy engine and strains over 120 .
Returns a mileage of 16. On 120 speeds and 18 in 100 kmph speeds.

Xuv in other side gives a over all awesome performance and safety and stability but returns 12 kmpl , which is a point to think for single person drives.

So please help to find a apt car for 12l budget max. May exchange lancer on purchasing,
Needed features.
< 4.5 meters
Must be easy on city rides too
Solid build quality
Good seating position for long rides
Good rear seat space for bulk passengers
Good boot space for hardware materials to carry
Good efficient engine
120 kmph easy rider
Low road noise
Kitted with Automatic climate conrol,abs , airbag,cruise control optional

As per template
> Your Budget. ;9 to 12 l

> New or Used:. New Car

> Your Location. Coimbatore, Tamil nadu

> Top Five Priorities. E Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, solid build , good fuel efficiency

> Monthly Running. ;Between 1,500– 3,500 Kms

> Type of Fuel: ; Diesel

> For What Purpose ;highwayman

> Seating Capacity ;Maximum 5 Adults

> Type of Segment ;any <4.5 meters

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: help me buy a good highway car for 12l price bracket

I would say, he should opt for fully loaded Maruti Brezza (it is crash tested too) but if he plans for AT then he may check Creta and see which AT variant may fit his needs. Just in case there is change of plans / mind then have a look on the S-Cross 1.6.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Re: help me buy a good highway car for 12l price bracket

I would say, he should opt for fully loaded Maruti Brezza (it is crash tested too) but if he plans for AT then he may check Creta and see which AT variant may fit his needs. Just in case there is change of plans / mind then have a look on the S-Cross 1.6.

Regards

Akash
+1 to Akash, Check Hyndai Verna and maruti Ciaz.

Thread Starter #4
help me buy a good highway car for 12l price bracket

we are not at all satisfied with breezza with its build quality. chassis flex can be easily noted and sound insulation not upto mark .
scross is fine thought

Suggest your friend to Test drive the Fiat linea or Hyundai Verna as he already owns a Fiat he may also like the new Fiat and it is more comfortable for 5 Persons on long drives than the Verna in terms of seating comfort (rear thigh support) and Fiat Linea is as solid as rock in terms of build quality and a massive ground clearance for a sedan segment.

Tell him to Test drive the Verna also as it is more comfortable for highway and in city too.

Thread Starter #7
Hyundai creata would suit your needs. also check out renault duster which is equally good and fits your requirements
Create is a good choice, but exceeds the budget vs features bracket

Suggest your friend to Test drive the Fiat linea or Hyundai Verna as he already owns a Fiat he may also like the new Fiat and it is more comfortable for 5 Persons on long drives than the Verna in terms of seating comfort (rear thigh support) and Fiat Linea is as solid as rock in terms of build quality and a massive ground clearance for a sedan segment.

Tell him to Test drive the Verna also as it is more comfortable for highway and in city too.
We love to have Hyundai here but budget also exceeds where it's more than 13l here for the features we expect, and here after sales service is worst in all the service centers.

Fiat linea we like a lot but same after sales problem, they tend to repair cars than fixing, poor service quality.
:|

If not the Linea, how about Ford Ecosport ? Not the best car for 5 adults, but solid build quality and great safety features as well.

Top Bottom