Looking For a New Car Within Rs.35 Lakhs Budget (On-Road)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi friends,
Its been a long time since i was active.
All you people helped me buy honda city back in 2012 and now i again need help from fellow members.
I am living in a small city near jodhpur (rajasthan)where there are no showrooms or service centres for big names like toyota honda bmw audi etc.
The nearest place where i can find bmw or audi showroom or service centre is jaipur,about 250 kms from here.
Jodhpur is about 150 kms from here ,where i can find ford,toyota,honda,hyundai showrooms and service centres.
Now after i have explained a major drawback of this place, roads here are good and connectivity to jodhpur and jaipur is via national highways.
I want to buy a new car within 35 lakhs budget including everything,SUV, mainly for my family of 4 ,occasional trip with my brothers family of 4 persons once in 1-2 months.
My daily commute will not be more then 10-20 kms as my workplace is near my house and I don't go out in car often in this small place.
The car will be used mainly on highways.
I really like to buy a bmw x1 or audi q3 and for this i can extend budget to few more lakhs.
Now i m puzzled so as to buy these brands or go for ford endeavour and similar toyota honda.
My personal preference is comfort and easy ride and that too in a SUV.
I don't want to buy a sedan but its not an absolute decision.
I am afraid buying a bmw or audi will create problems regarding maintenance as i am very far away.
Please let me know your opinions regarding best option for me.

Premium cars cannot digest adulterated fuel, as you stay in a semi rural area, I am sure the fuel quality at your place would be sub standard. I would suggest you to get a semi premium car.

Also with rural Rajsthan, your area will have much more dust and suspended particles in air. I would suggest you to go for an Endeavour or a Fortuner. As you have access to best highways in India, Endeavour would be a better bet as it is more spacious and stable on highways.

Cheers !!

SG

You are staying at location where you could use a premium off-roader to all extent.

For me, I am paying 35 lac then Ford Endeavour 3.2 AT Titanium is best to have. Check out the feature list and TD to judge the compatibility for your daily terrains.
The multiple drive terrain management system, intelligent parking system, push to fold seats, and lot more gives you the feel of super luxury.

Hello Dr.
I would suggest you take a look at new Skoda Superb too, it's just a bit too good to be true if you go by the price; especially when you compare it to the vehicles which cost equal to the Superb and 10 lac over it.

Thread Starter #6
Thanks friends,
I have test driven endeavour and very much liked it.
I will definitely look forward to superb also.

As @max_jeopardy suggested, many German vehicles are not designed to operate for prolonged periods of dust and questionable fuel, likely want to refrain from those options.

The Endeavor is certainly a good car to look at, you could also check out the Chevrolet Trailblazer for a point of comparison.

Last edited:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Refreshed endevour (3.2) is really fit for you. Load of gadgets & oodles of torque.
Other slightly unique option could be Chevy trailblazer. that thing is monstrous too.

Thread Starter #12
Thanks guys,
But things have changed a little since today morning.
Now that i have invested some amount and the budget has come down to 20 lakhs +_ 2 lakhs.
Options have to be changed and now i have to finalise a suv within this range only.
I was pretty sure till yesterday night for endeavour but now i m looking forward to xuv 500 top model.
What are your opinions regarding it.
I don't like duster terrano and safari looks, so no question of going for any of them.

Thanks guys,
But things have changed a little since today morning.
Now that i have invested some amount and the budget has come down to 20 lakhs +_ 2 lakhs.
Options have to be changed and now i have to finalise a suv within this range only.
I was pretty sure till yesterday night for endeavour but now i m looking forward to xuv 500 top model.
What are your opinions regarding it.
I don't like duster terrano and safari looks, so no question of going for any of them.
I would advise you to wait for Tata Hexa, its launch is around the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom