Selection Between Variant of Hyundai Verna 4S 2016

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Recently I ordered new verna 4S 2016 1.4vtvt.

After paying him 80% of amount, the dealer call me and said that I have to wait 15 days more than the delivery date. Since the order is not accepted by Hyundai Manufacturing plant and that model is not being manufactured by Hyundai at all. Hyundai has stopped it's production of Verna 2016 1.4 vtvt base model petrol due to issue with child parts (that's what dealer said).

But he gave me another offer that he'll be able to give a Verna 2016 S 1.6 vtvt at 10.00 Lakhs and will delivery it with in next 4 days guaranteed (i'll make him sign a document).

Since any how i'm buying a ANV and a rear camera for base variant, total difference between base and S variant will be around 1 lakh.

Cannot decide which one to get. Is that 1 lakh extra for S variant worth it ?
(P.S : If i buy S variant, cannot afford AVN for it)

Last edited:
I think it is worth going for 1.6 S VTVT at 10 Lacs.
As you will get lot of features over base variant like:
-Automatic Climate Control
-Remote Central Locking
-Reverse Camera
-Height Adjustable Seats
-Driver Armrest
-Sunglass Holder
-One Touch - Up and Down
-Rear Defogger
-Projector Headlamps
-2 Din Head Unit with Bluetooth

That's a lot over base variant, so you should definitely go with S VTVT.
Try if you get around 10K - 15K more discount or accessories like leather seat covers. That will be a great deal [clap]
Choice is your's to make. [:D]

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
total difference between base and S variant will be around 1 lakh.

Cannot decide which one to get. Is that 1 lakh extra for S variant worth it ?
(P.S : If i buy S variant, cannot afford AVN for it)
Frankly, I would suggest you to look at the bigger picture. For 1 lakh as even stated in above post, you'll be getting many useful features in S Variant. So, AVN is not that big a deal. Navigation (read=maps) can be accessed by even smartphones today. So don't feel bad just because you couldn't get an AVN thing after buying S-Variant.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
Verna 2016 1.6 vtvt S variant costs 10.00 lakhs including accessories, extended warranty, RSA, leather seats, up module, door cuffs and car cover.

what you guys are saying is the logical better choice.

Hyundai is best known for its sleek design and gadgets & gizmos it offers on cars.
Verna is a premium car with so many features.

Buying a lower variant and getting accessories later do make sense, but the fit and finish scores less.

My Suggestion: If you are buying it in cash then for a little remained amount think of LOAN, the EMI for 5 years wont be too much. If on loan, checkout the difference in EMI for S and SX(O) variant.

SX(O) worth buying IMO!

First thing first.
Hyundai stopping 1.4 Verna VtVT is an absolute joke.
No dealer in Bangalore says this on my checking, though ,I am not a buyer now.
Now,coming to Verna 1.6 S .
Absolute VFM at 10 L on road, do not forget to add the 16 Bhp extra power you are getting, to the other bells and whistles.This power gives an extra punch at low speeds.Sadly, no screen display ,you may need to add a map device.
Lastly, I suspect the dealer is pushing to sell 1.6 as he may have lots of inventory and this is the time, you can ask for more discounts.

Thread Starter #7
Hyundai is best known for its sleek design and gadgets & gizmos it offers on cars.
Verna is a premium car with so many features.

Buying a lower variant and getting accessories later do make sense, but the fit and finish scores less.

My Suggestion: If you are buying it in cash then for a little remained amount think of LOAN, the EMI for 5 years wont be too much. If on loan, checkout the difference in EMI for S and SX(O) variant.

SX(O) worth buying IMO!
I know SX is best, but i can't afford it. When comparing between S and SX, there not much difference in 2016 variant (excluding AVN and alloy wheels) in my opinion.

First thing first.
Hyundai stopping 1.4 Verna VtVT is an absolute joke.
No dealer in Bangalore says this on my checking, though ,I am not a buyer now.
Now,coming to Verna 1.6 S .
Absolute VFM at 10 L on road, do not forget to add the 16 Bhp extra power you are getting, to the other bells and whistles.This power gives an extra punch at low speeds.Sadly, no screen display ,you may need to add a map device.
Lastly, I suspect the dealer is pushing to sell 1.6 as he may have lots of inventory and this is the time, you can ask for more discounts.
As you said he may be trying to push 1.6 S vtvt.

But I called up and asked other dealers in Mysore, all of them are saying that hyundai is not accepting order and it is showing that the car is not being manufactured.

Then I posted my problem on facebook (under alias), then go a reply from CRM strategy and planning team. They are just asking which dealer told me, they are not saying whether it is true or not. They are just dumbfold when i ask about the car.

Thread Starter #8
Guys,

After a serious discussion with the dealer and the great bargaining skill of my dad, the dealer finally agreed to give the VERNA 2016 1.6 VTVT S variant at 9.8Lakhs.

The cost includes all standard accessories like floor mats, mud flops etc., extended warranty and also includes Leather seats, Up module, car door cuffs and car cover.

When I checked the VIN of the car which was in stock yard, it was manufactured in April of 2016. And a new batch of car will be arriving on Monday/Tuesday.

1. Is the car worth the price ?

2. If yes, Does the manufacturing month really matters ?

1. Is the car worth the price ?

2. If yes, Does the manufacturing month really matters ?
Yes, Hyundai is always value for Money, you will not get anything else in this range with loads of feature which Hyundai gives.

I think April 2016 is good, up to 3 months is always fine.

April 2016 car, is not an issue.Need to worry only if it is above 6 months. If you are OK with the pricing, please go ahead.

Thread Starter #11
Thanks for you help guys.

[:D]

Finally selected Silver colour of S variant, final price is 9.8 Lakhs on-road including all accessories, leather seats, up module, door scuffs and car cover.

the car was manufactured in June.

will be taking delivery soon and i'll post pics later along with my initial review.

[:)]

Thanks for you help guys.

[:D]

Finally selected Silver colour of S variant, final price is 9.8 Lakhs on-road including all accessories, leather seats, up module, door scuffs and car cover.

the car was manufactured in June.

will be taking delivery soon and i'll post pics later along with my initial review.

[:)]
Congrats, that's a great deal you got.[clap]

Top Bottom