Looking For a New Car. Should I Buy a Tata?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Every one,

I had a limited budget around 7 on road , looking for petrol as well as diesel variant
i have short listed few cars

Tata Zest xt Top end ,
Hyundai Xcent s variant,
Tata Tiago top end
Grand i10 sport

My requirement is good legroom,good width for 3 ppl and some gizmo if possible.
Please suggest me any other vehicle if You can within my budget ,
I am liking tata zest but i am thinking how much resale value i will get after 5 years ?

Re: Should i buy a Tata car

Hi Every one,

I had a limited budget around 7 on road , looking for petrol as well as diesel variant
i have short listed few cars

Tata Zest xt Top end ,
Hyundai Xcent s variant,
Tata Tiago top end
Grand i10 sport

My requirement is good legroom,good width for 3 ppl and some gizmo if possible.
Please suggest me any other vehicle if You can within my budget ,
I am liking tata zest but i am thinking how much resale value i will get after 5 years ?
Hi Mabhi please do TD all the cars and find which is the best car suits you, Since you are in mumbai also consider the driving and parking ease. I personally own a TATA Zest XMS Rev which all the features as per my requirements starting from Good Music system to Safety features. Thinking from the resale prospective TATA is trying to improve its image so resale should be ok but out your 4 options Grand i10 sport should have the best. But if you are considering the resale prospective better go for swift dezire as it has a good resale among the all.

From your list of the cars,Zest XT is the most gizmoed car. Engine the car are all topnotch.

Now if you want a car with all gizmos for a very less price, Tiago it is for you. Hyundai Xcent and Grandi10 are good too. However, dont know what safety features you have on the hyundais.
Tata cars are fully equiped with airbags and abs. structurally too they are pretty solid. Cannot say much about the koreans and Japs built for india.

Resale should not be a problem since you will find buyers for the car in the taxi market and the used car market.
Coming to the value of vehicle I definitely think the vehicle will be attracting a decent resale value.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Buddy, For On-road 7 Lacs, I would say don't look for hatchbacks. Rather go for well featured compact sedans. Of the available 2 choices of compact sedans, in terms of seating comfort, I would say you may take up Zest but looking 5 years down the line, a Hyundai or Maruti certainly have better value than TATA. So, if with comfort you are concerned for Resale and even comparatively better ASC network then opt for Xcent.

Regards

Akash

take a TD of all cars and decide. Tata cars quality has improved in the recent past and the same will be applicable when you are going to sell the car.

Thread Starter #7

Thanks every one for your kind response ,i test drive
all of them except zest ,i have read in so many forum zest petrol has some power loss issue .Zest owner Please throw some light on it.

If safety is your concern then surely go for Tata cars , Tiago and zest is good package. And resale value is ur concern then go for Hyundai or Maruti cars. 5 years u want you would like too enjoy ur car and feel safe to drive go for zest or Tiago and if you r only concern of what u will get after 5 year and ready to compromise on safety, space, ride and handling and features then go for Hyundai or any other cars.

Thread Starter #9

i understand what all of you want to say,Can Any one suggest me any other car s Except Ford.Dzire is good car but cramped leg room.

Thread Starter #11

i have also test drive baleno,i 20 ,jaaz,
baleno required 8 month waiting so it is out and i20 and jazz version come under my budget are empty inside.
I am looking for more VFM product

Value for money is Tiago with safety and all class above features. I am getting close to 25 KMPL on highway, with this price I think Tiago is best VFM.

Thread Starter #15

i drive close 1000 km every month with rarely long drive still you suggest me to buy diesel?

Top Bottom