Buying Used Honda Civic or Chevrolet Cruze

Thread Starter #1
Hello Guys,
I am new to this TAI [:)]... Please help i want to buy a user car either Honda Civic (Petrol) and Chevrolet Cruze (diesel). But Peoples are telling that Maintenance is so high for cruze than Civic. The cost wise Civic Price is higher than Cruze.. what would be the maintenance cost for both Vehicles. every Month i used to travel more than 1000 Km's. Please suggest?

Thanks,

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddy, both the options in today's time aren't feasible because CIVIC is discontinued model so getting spares of it would be an issue and Cruze being a good product of Chevrolet is dented by the aftersales and ASC support which is pathetic and the spare parts cost a bomb. Have owned their Chevy Optra so I can share my actual experience. In terms of maintenance, both would be almost similar because of above reasons. So, for your use, instead of CIVIC, I would say go in for a Ivtec Honda CITY or still if you wish for a big sedan then look for good pre-owned Corolla Diesel.

Regards

Akash

I too agree with Akash's opinion, CIVIC is long back discontinued car, the spares related to aesthetic are rare to find, plus the FE is too low. In case of Cruze the service cost is too high, but atleast it can be compromised by the FE of diesel variant.

My opinion is to look for old Corolla, CITY in case of petrol. Also checkout diesel/petrol variants of SKODA Rapid.

Last edited:
I would take the other side. Spares are damn easily available for Civic. No issues on that front. If you can afford the petrol for your running, then Civic is a good choice as it is more spacious than cruze. But cruze will ease your expenses on the running. But spares will be more costly than civic. I'd say go for Civic if you can live with the fuel bills.

Top Bottom