Suggest a Car With All Major Safety Features Under Rs.6.5 Lakh

Thread Starter #1
Hi Members,

I am looking to purchase a car which is having all safety features like Airbags, ABS, EBD, and central locking. And my budget max i can afford is 6.5L. Please help me in buying my new(first)car. I prefer petrol vehicle as i travel and the vehicle need to match my outstation trips.

@Manu
You can try Tata Tiago, it will fell under your budget easily and even save you 1 lac after yhe purchase too. Another than Tiago you can try Ford Figo Titanium or try your luck with VW guys on Polo Comfortline, if they have some MY2015 car with them then you can get that car for 6.5 lac.

If you are fine with Tata then yoy have Bolt and Zest also in your budget; but you will have to bargain a bit hard to fit them under 6.5

If you are looking for safety mainly than as Vipul said Tiago is good option. Its equipped with all features plus solid build quality and good kerb weight. Also can try Chevy Sail HB LS ABS. I would not advise you to go for Volkswagen as it is quite expensive to maintain. If you are fine with Indian manufacturer than KUV1OO is worth having a look at.

If safety is main concern with a Limited budget there is no second thought , go for TATA Tiago safety ABS,EBD,CSC front dual air bags, Strong structure. In petrol Tiago you can save some extra money even on top end model . To through review and feedback then take a call.

You can also check out Wagon R and Celerio Optional variants, they come within the budget you have and the features you are looking for, you can also get the Wagon R and Celerio AMT Optional variants in that budget of yours.

If safety is your concern, then tiago is the vehicle for you in that segment. I feel wagaon R and celerio are flimsy when compared to tiago. No offence to owners, its jut my perception after using the astar & Nano. We cant compare both the vehicles, but still i can vouch tata cars are stronger when compared to maruti.

If you are looking for safety mainly than as Vipul said Tiago is good option. Its equipped with all features plus solid build quality and good kerb weight. Also can try Chevy Sail HB LS ABS. I would not advise you to go for Volkswagen as it is quite expensive to maintain. If you are fine with Indian manufacturer than KUV1OO is worth having a look at.
I won't suggest SAIL twins as it will go out of production soon. I second Vipul and others for Tiago.

Thread Starter #9
Thank you guys for the suggestion even I am in dilemma between Tata Tiago and Ford Trend (Petrol). Many of my friends are giving their exp about how poor the service of Ford. One more concern "is Tiago good for long drives"?????

Tiago is the real winner here. If not for unnecessary styling, KUV also would have come in to the picture. If you want a second car as an opinion,Swift VXi + O may be there.Never think about GM cars,in the current scenario.

Thank you guys for the suggestion even I am in dilemma between Tata Tiago and Ford Trend (Petrol). Many of my friends are giving their exp about how poor the service of Ford. One more concern "is Tiago good for long drives"?????
I own a Ford - Fiesta Classic in Bangalore and I can tell you that Ford Service is not that bad as its perceived, it all depends on the respective Dealers

Between Figo and Tiago, I feel you should go for Figo if you are going to use your car on highways also. Tiago is not good for long drives, I feel its a better city Car.

Why don't you check out Tata Bolt [thinking] which is bigger than Tiago and suited for highway runs also

Safety is main concern for you then please don't think about Maruti cars. If you have any doubt please check in YouTube celerio crash test you will have your answer. Recently I had been on a long drive in Tiago Diesel from Bangalore to Kerala total distance of 1458 kms with 4 ppl. All time AC and in city mode we got milage of 24.68 KMPL . Drive was really good it was like we were driving small SUV bad roads. In fact it can put few so called mini SUV's in shame. Out of 4 ppl in car 3 were ANTI TATA, they were so impressed with Tiago that one booked diesel version another waiting for kite 5.

Thread Starter #13
Thank you for the suggestion I am going with Tiago. But the bad thing is its waiting period gone to 8weeks[anger] Tomorrow im going to book the car(high end).

Congrats. Also if you are doing outstation trips, what will be your monthly running? If more than 1200kms, it may make sense to get Diesel. Also if you love driving, pl test drive Figo too. It feel much better planted on highways than Tiago.

Thread Starter #15
Congrats. Also if you are doing outstation trips, what will be your monthly running? If more than 1200kms, it may make sense to get Diesel. Also if you love driving, pl test drive Figo too. It feel much better planted on highways than Tiago.
My first choice was Ford Figo but because of its maintenance and service cost everyone suggested not to go for Figo[cry]. Anyhow no regrets i have booked the Tata Tiago i have test drive the vehicle and i have gone upto 140kmph with no vibrations and any sound. Loved the vehicle.

Top Bottom