Hyundai Grand i10 Petrol or Toyota Etios Liva Petrol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi ,

I am looking for an upgrade. Currently, i am using Maruti Astar (Zxi) petrol. I have visited and seen all the hatchbacks available as of now. And zeroed it on 2 cars. The Hyundai grand i10 or toyota Etios liva.

My budget is 6 to 6.5 lakhs at the max. Also i am looking to sell of my Astar which was purchased on September 2011.

Kindly help me on suggesting which car out of these 2 i should go for?

Is ground clearence of Grand i10 very low. I am askinh this as i am from Patna (Bihar) and the roads here are not that good with a lot of potholes and raised bumpers.

Kindly advised, your suggestions will help me in deciding the correct car for me. 80% 2 people travelling and 20% with family of 4 to 5 adults.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Get the liva. Many reasons for that.

4 stars ncap rating for liva and 0 stars rating for grand i10.
Besides the interior grand i10 has nothing to match with the liva.

Liva has much better brakes , much better AC and drive ability. The only sore point in liva is the odo in the center and that's it.

Its more spacious too. Maintenance cost will be less as well. Dont fall in the hyundai's discount offer. They just increased the price and giving discounts since 8-9 months (around 70-90k) grand i10 ac trips under hard acceleration. Brakes aren't that good.

You can also check the tiago XZ varant which will cost you less than 5.5 lakhs on road. Just take a td of every car before deciding.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
Get the liva. Many reasons for that.

4 stars ncap rating for liva and 0 stars rating for grand i10.
Besides the interior grand i10 has nothing to match with the liva.

Liva has much better brakes , much better AC and drive ability. The only sore point in liva is the odo in the center and that's it.

Its more spacious too. Maintenance cost will be less as well. Dont fall in the hyundai's discount offer. They just increased the price and giving discounts since 8-9 months (around 70-90k) grand i10 ac trips under hard acceleration. Brakes aren't that good.

You can also check the tiago XZ varant which will cost you less than 5.5 lakhs on road. Just take a td of every car before deciding.
Thank you so much for ur reply. I have taken the test drive of both the cars. Since i am not an expert i was not able to determine exactly. But, i did found toyota brakes, handling and road grip better. I pushed the accelerator and in no time was driving 120-130kph with ease.

As far as odo positioning at center is concern. Thats perfectly fine with me. I infact like it that way.

I have taken the test drive of both the vehicles and what I found is Liva is a lot better than Grand i10. The only place where Grand i10 scores are in the looks department, great interiors and if the need is for automatic gear (since Liva dont offer an Auto). Apart from that in almost every department the Liva scores high over Grand i10. The interiors are pretty decent as well in the new Liva. You can also check out the Limited Edition Liva which comes in Dual Tone exterior color option. However it doesnt come in top version.

Also as allhyundaicars suggested, you can also check out Tiago. I didnt have the TD of the vehicle yet but I felt it to be a very good car as well. Comes loaded with features, looks very good both exterior and interior and the Harman Infosystem rocks.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Thanks a lot for all your valuable input. I have seen the Toyota Etios Liva limited edition and my heart as well as mind is bent towards getting this car.

The issue is that i also need to sale my old car that is Maruti A Star (ZXI). The exchange value that Toyota is offering is very low. My old car is Seotember 2011 and it has travelled around 67,500km. Toyota is offering 1.20 lakhs.

On the other hand Hyundai is offering 1.90 lakhs for the same in exchange of Grand i10.

As u can see the difference is huge. Although, i am completely inclined towards getting toyota, i cant ignore the enormous difference in offer from both these companies.

I spoke to the GM here in patna of Buddha motors and have requested to consider the price. I am ready to take the hit of 10 to 25k if need be. But i believe anything beyond that would be foolish.

The GM has said he will revert by today. Keeping my finhers crossed. Will update once i hear from them.

Any suggestion friends??? What should i do...i am really confused.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for all ur valuable input. I have seen the Toyota Etios Liva limited edition and my heart as well as mind is bent towards getting this car.

The issue is that i also need to sale my old car that is Maruti A Star (ZXI). The exchange value that Toyota is offering is very low. My old car is Seotember 2011 and it has travelled around 67,500km. Toyota is offering 1.20 lakhs.

On the other hand Hyundai is offering 1.90 lakhs for the same in exchange of Grand i10.

As u can see the difference is huge. Although, i am completely inclined towards getting toyota, i cant ignore the enormous difference in offer from both these companies.

I spoke to the GM here in patna of Buddha motors and have requested to consider the price. I am ready to take the hit of 10 to 25k if need be. But i believe anything beyond that would be foolish.

The GM has said he will revert by today. Keeping my finhers crossed. Will update once i hear from them.

Any suggestion friends??? What should i do...i am really confused.
Did you try selling your car to third parties like used car dealers or Cartrade.com or cars24.. Check that out what is the offer they are giving for your car.. Also put ad on olx and quickr to sell your car.. See what is the response you get..

Thread Starter #8
Did you try selling your car to third parties like used car dealers or Cartrade.com or cars24.. Check that out what is the offer they are giving for your car.. Also put ad on olx and quickr to sell your car.. See what is the response you get..
Hi souvikjana83...as i said i am from bihar (Patna) and although i have posted my add on various sites like quikr, olx, car trade, carwale, zif wheels etc. I am really uncomfortable in dealing with 3rd parties.

Belong to a middle class and dont know how to get the car ownership transfer through RTO and all. How much time it will take abd things like that. Also , i am not comfortable dealing with strangers, what , if after selling he turns up after sone days asking for rwfund, saying the car is not good and all.

To avoid such unpleasantness i am want to hand it to some agency.

As far as query is concern i have recoeved queries from individual around 20 enquiries in 2 days ranging from 1.35 lakhs (lowest) to 2,000,00 (highest).

Dont know what to do.....

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
And thats exactly how hyundai lures in the customers. But still the difference should not be that huge I agree. Since hyundai is giving 30k exchange bonus ask Toyota to deduct atleast 150k-160k for your old car.
There are 4-5 forms which are to be filled. You will get cash slip and the delivery slip in which it mentions you have sold your car to this person. I don't think it should be a problem selling to 3rd parties.

Thread Starter #10
Thanks allhyundai for you continuous suggestion and advices.

Today i got a call from toyota guys , explain to them the complete scenario.

They assured me that they will visit my home yesterday and have a relook at my car. I told them about the market and the offers i am getting.

Simple point is even if i remove the exchange bonus of 30k i am getting 1.70

I went to ford as well today and they are willing to pay 1.95 lakhs without any exchange bonus. I have taken the quotation from them in writing as well.

Also, i told the GM of toyota regarding my apprehension regarding selling it to 3rd party.

Will update everyone once i get the re-evaluation done tomorrow by toyota guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #11
Hi everyone,

Today i got a calk from toyota sales person by 8.39 that one of the other resale guy will be coming with him to revaluate my car. But, nobody turned up. I was so frustrated that i didnt bother calling that sales guy again.

After that i called up another sales guy in the toyota showroom with whom i have developed a good relation during my couple of visits to the showroom (To be honest with u all, just to be sure that i really want to go for liva, i have Allready taken 3 test drives from different sales person of the same showroom).
I asked the other sales guy to help me in selling my car through some other channel as the toyota guys are offering very less resale value of my car. That guy was so helpful that he gave me the contact number of a used car dealer. I spoke to the dealer and he visited ny house within an hour. He has a big showroom for selling old cars.

But, he came by himself and offered me 1.70 lakhs as a resale value for my car. I won't say i am thrilled as i believe mu car is in much better condition and expected it to be more closer to 2 lakhs. But, nevertheless the offer is quiet satisfactory now. He is ready to pay me in cash. Although, i have asked for a 1 day time from him to decide. I guess it will be a wise decision for me to sell this car at the offered price.

I don't think I will get more then this as Maruti avatar is already out of production and in close to 5 years of my car I have already driven it 68000 km.

Will be going for the new euros live limited edition. The inroad price is 6.61 and they are giving 20k discount. So it would come down to 6.41. on road. Will share the details and pics once I get my hand on the car.

Thanks a lot for ur suggestions and advice. Just hoping that I have made the right decision in choosing Toyota over Hyundai. What do u say@ allhyundaicars???

Hi everyone,
Will be going for the new euros live limited edition. The inroad price is 6.61 and they are giving 20k discount. So it would come down to 6.41. on road. Will share the details and pics once I get my hand on the car.
Thanks a lot for ur suggestions and advice. Just hoping that I have made the right decision in choosing Toyota over Hyundai.
My Opinion: You have made the right choice. Except for the drab interior and taxi image, Liva is better than Grand i10. In fact I think as far as safety is concerned, it is the best hatchback in India.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
You have made the right decision. Dont worry. And Toyota won't give more discounts , what you gothink is good.

Also are you taking insurance from the company ? Do take a quote from outside as well. Every company lis the insurance prices in their quote much higher than the actual cost. Are they asking for handling charges ? Don't pay them. Those are illegal.

surajsinhaa, welcome to The Automotive India.
Going through your posts you surely have made the right decision.Without doubt the Liva is the right choice and surely you should go ahead with the booking.
With your old car as well go ahead with the third party selling with that used car dealer.He will take care of all the documentations needed and you dont need to worry for after sales hassles for any queries.
And as our member AHC said, do share about the deal you are offered with your liva booking and charges applied for handling and transportation which most dealers across nation does, are illegal and get them waived off.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #15
Hi everyone,

Just booked the toyota Etios liva limited edition petrol. I am so happy guys. The car is really awesome. Will get the delivery within a weeks time.

No , they are not charging anything extra like handling, transportation and all.

I am getting 20k discount,, which is fixed across all the toyota cars. Tool the test drive today as well[:D]

I am Allready falling in love with this hatch. This tome took the drive fhrough aweful road, with loads of potholes and courae where nobody can drive beyond 20kmpl. The ride was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom