As promised, here i am writing my 1st review on my New Toyota Etios Liva 9Limited Edition) petrol, 1200 CC. I know i have delayed a bit in writing this review as its allready been 1 and a half month since i purchase this beauty. But, i wanted to be doubly sure about the things i write here on this platform, as this can really help many a prospective buyers like myself in deciding on the purchase of their new car.
i am just back from my trip to Ranchi and my ODO is reading 3000km. During these past few days i have had a pretty good taste of city as well as highway run on my new beauty. To start with, i allways wanted a car with couple of criteria as my priority which i am listing below:-
1) The car needed to be comfortable for 5 people.
2) Descent boot space
3) Descent fuel economy
4) Safety which included ABS
as well as airbag atleast.
5) Other then Maruti ( i allready used Maruti A-Star for 5 years, fully satisfied but wanted a change)
6) Low maintenance and
7) It has to be a hatchback.
This review can go pretty long, but i will try and share things with utmost honesty with you all. selecting this car was never easy for me and honestly speaking it tool me almost 2 months of rigorous test drives, automobile forums and reviews to finally zero in on Liva. I test drove Ford Figo, Tata Tiago, Maruti Swift, Maruti Celerio, Hyundai Grand i10. All petrol, because i dont know why but everybody in my family is against diesel car and anyways maybe i have covered 3000km in a pretty good time , my average running is not much. Infact, its kind of in between i.e around 1000-1200km per month.
1) Maruti Swift - Drive was awesome, very smooth gear shift but rear seat and boot space was less as well as too many of Swift on the road.
2) Tata Tiago - Never felt like i am driving a 1200 CC motor, diesel variant of tiago is much better then petrol. Again space was an issue.
3) Ford Figo - Liked the feature as well as new look a lot. Gave it a considerable thaught but Ford cars maintenance is high as i have heard.
4) Maruti Celerio - Waited for 3 to 4 days but the showroom people could not give me a test drive, due to god knows what reason. Everyday kept me telling that the test drive car is not available right now.
5) Hyundai Grand I10 - very rich in feature, very tempting offers, great interior as well as exterior. Huge discount and freebies. was also giving a good exchange value for my Astar. They were ready to take my car for 2 lakhs INR. The rear AC first in its segment was another catch, very light gear shift as well as steering, however i found it a bit lacking on highways as well as its ground clearence with luggage and a bit cramped rear seat for 3 adults.
After going through all these cars and atleast test driving Liva 4 to 5 times i finally made up my mind to go for Liva. On 3rd of July 2016 i finally got my beauty keys in my hand and i cant express the containment and satisfaction i felt s soon as i took the car outside.
Initially i was a bit worried about its mileage and couple of negatives like rattling noise and water seepage due to lack of door beeding. However after owning and driving this car for 3000 odd km i can pretty much assure u guys that even at the speed of 145km/Hr (the maximum i could take her) their was not noise . The NVH level was pretty descent and nobody including my wife, papa or mummy complained or ask me to reduce the speed. Infact during the journey i usually maintained a spped of 100 to 130 and at no point of time anybody felt the differense of km/h during the drive. wether i was driving at 100 or 140km/h, the car was as planted and easy to handle as it should be. The AC IS AWESOME. the rear seat comfort is amazing. Its really fun to drive.
Overall i am pretty satisfied with the fuel economy as well as i return me a fuel economy of 17km/l on highway with speed between 90 to 120 and 14 to 15 during single lane driving with AC on all the time . 3 adults at back and completely filled boot.
I am attaching some of the pics of my car, was not able to take the pic on route to ranchi as we were running behind time. had a pretty tight schedule.
I would love to answer any question which anyone want to ask. Signing off as of now. Thanks for reading.