Upgrading From Rapid. Skoda Octavia vs VW Jetta?

Thread Starter #1
I am a Skoda Rapid user
the petrol one with manual transmission.
Like to upgrade my sedan
What should I go for Skoda Octavia or Volkswagen Jetta ?
Need your valuable opinion.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddy,

Are the 2 other choices the "only" ones to choose from? If not, then go for Skoda Superb. Its a nice spacious and beautiful machine. Since you've been owning a SKODA so you'll be surely knowing about how to keep it in best of shape and the related expenses. Also are you interested in pre-owned cars too?

Regards

Akash

@Niladri
If you are planning to go with petrol version and can extend your budget a bit then I would suggest you to take a keen look at new Superb. Akash frequently geta my dreaded phone calls and he knows quite well how impressed I returned after chacking that luck barge in and out.

Thread Starter #4
Buddy,

Are the 2 other choices the "only" ones to choose from? If not, then go for Skoda Superb. Its a nice spacious and beautiful machine. Since you've been owning a SKODA so you'll be surely knowing about how to keep it in best of shape and the related expenses. Also are you interested in pre-owned cars too?

Regards

Akash
Dear Akash
Thanks for the reply
I am not interested in pre-owned cars
I live in a town and the roads are not that spacious .
Roads can accommodate Octavia , but I cant drive Superb in my town .
Its a bit costly too for me .
Do opine please .
Niladri

@Niladri
If you are planning to go with petrol version and can extend your budget a bit then I would suggest you to take a keen look at new Superb. Akash frequently geta my dreaded phone calls and he knows quite well how impressed I returned after chacking that luck barge in and out.
Hi Vipul
Thanks for the reply .
I like petrol . All my previous cars are petrol .
Can I go for Diesel now .
Superb is superbly expensive for me .
Please swuggest .
Niladri

Nice Time for me to tuck into this Discussion.

Firstly I am very familiar with the cars you have named above.
Just like You, I too have A SKODA Rapid Manual but in Diesel guise.
Then there is the fact that there is also a Jetta in our garage which dad owns & uses. So I will highlight all the distinctive difference between the two along with the cousin of Jetta & Sibling of Rapid, the SKODA Octavia.

Since you have Petrol Rapid, if you Test Drive the 1.8 TSI & 2.0 TDi engines in Jetta, Octavia, Superb you'll be thrilled by the sheer performance. These engines are just exceptional and they blend really well with well engineered chassis of these cars.

To make it simple, just like Vipul & Akash mentioned above, you can consider the SKODA Superb which feels class apart & if you are keen on another Petrol one and willing to spend extra money over Jetta/Octavia.

If You're looking for Diesel, then look at the Octavia or Jetta. Simply because you wont get your Superb Diesel until Festive Season.

Also if you consider the price difference, the gap increases even more. Apart from Richer Cabin & Extra Equipment, the Superb doesn't have any major advantages.

Now if you compare Jetta & Octavia. It's a very simple choice. If you are looking at Diesel, the Jetta is the best out there. While if you're keen on Petrol, the Octavia is a winner.
Apart from these, the difference is minor between these 2. The Octavia offers Sunroof while the Jetta comes with Fatigue Detection Warning. But one major area where Jetta scores is fhat it is equipped with Multi Link Suspension which offers superior ride and makes one feel very comfortable no matter what kind of roads you throw at it. The Octavia has to do with inferior Torsion Beam on Diesel. But the Petrol has a Multi Link Setup.

To Sum it up, The Jetta is more a No Nonsense Car with Spacious Cabin, excellent seats, elegant looks inside out, excellent ride & handling. The Octavia is more of a sporty version of the Jetta in terms of looks and the way it drives. Both are identical, but the Jetta is more comfort based while the Octavia is more Driver based especially the petrol, diesel one is par with Jetta.

So, i would advice you to TD these 3 cars and make up you're mind. If i was to buy one, it would have been the Jetta Diesel Automatic.

Thread Starter #6
Nice Time for me to tuck into this Discussion.

Firstly I am very familiar with the cars you have named above.
Just like You, I too have A SKODA Rapid Manual but in Diesel guise.
Then there is the fact that there is also a Jetta in our garage which dad owns & uses. So I will highlight all the distinctive difference between the two along with the cousin of Jetta & Sibling of Rapid, the SKODA Octavia.

Since you have Petrol Rapid, if you Test Drive the 1.8 TSI & 2.0 TDi engines in Jetta, Octavia, Superb you'll be thrilled by the sheer performance. These engines are just exceptional and they blend really well with well engineered chassis of these cars.

To make it simple, just like Vipul & Akash mentioned above, you can consider the SKODA Superb which feels class apart & if you are keen on another Petrol one and willing to spend extra money over Jetta/Octavia.

If You're looking for Diesel, then look at the Octavia or Jetta. Simply because you wont get your Superb Diesel until Festive Season.

Also if you consider the price difference, the gap increases even more. Apart from Richer Cabin & Extra Equipment, the Superb doesn't have any major advantages.

Now if you compare Jetta & Octavia. It's a very simple choice. If you are looking at Diesel, the Jetta is the best out there. While if you're keen on Petrol, the Octavia is a winner.
Apart from these, the difference is minor between these 2. The Octavia offers Sunroof while the Jetta comes with Fatigue Detection Warning. But one major area where Jetta scores is fhat it is equipped with Multi Link Suspension which offers superior ride and makes one feel very comfortable no matter what kind of roads you throw at it. The Octavia has to do with inferior Torsion Beam on Diesel. But the Petrol has a Multi Link Setup.

To Sum it up, The Jetta is more a No Nonsense Car with Spacious Cabin, excellent seats, elegant looks inside out, excellent ride & handling. The Octavia is more of a sporty version of the Jetta in terms of looks and the way it drives. Both are identical, but the Jetta is more comfort based while the Octavia is more Driver based especially the petrol, diesel one is par with Jetta.

So, i would advice you to TD these 3 cars and make up you're mind. If i was to buy one, it would have been the Jetta Diesel Automatic.

Dear Nishant
Thanks for your reply .
Let me think over about your points , I will reply day after tomorrow
Thanks again
Niladri

+1 to nishant5858 views.

He has already covered which I wanted to share. Nothing else is left. Both are excellent cars. Only a few differences which I am repeating again i.e Jetta is more comfortable due to better suspension and octavia is better looking due to that big sunroof.

I guess Jetta new model is about to come or is it already launched. Not sure about it. TD both cars and buy which your heart says. Not much difference and any choice between those is excellent. In my view Germans are superb with Diesel engines. Not so good with petrol. It doesn't mean that petrol is not good at all but if we compare to their diesel ones then petrol engine is inferior. I love their diesel engines but that is me.

I am a Skoda Rapid user
the petrol one with manual transmission.
Like to upgrade my sedan
What should I go for Skoda Octavia or Volkswagen Jetta ?
Need your valuable opinion.
If you have decided to buy one of these two then i would suggest to go in for octavia tsi it's a great driving machine, but if you can wait for some time then there are few new car's coming (new elantra,chevy cruze ).
VW jetta is also a nice car with nice build, but it look's a bit old now and there might be new generation coming in year or two (no offence meant to any jetta owner).
So if time is not a factor i would suggest to wait and check out the new upcoming options.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom