Confused Between Maruti Suzuki Swift VXi vs Baleno Delta (Petrol)

Thread Starter #1
Dear all
I am new here and car lover I am planing to buy my frist car my budgut is around 600000 hardly i went to maruti showroom here in sirohi rajasthan lxi price is 580000 with all aacessories like sony blutooth music system fog lamp seat cover and more but whenever i see baleno my mind change for lxi i also intersted in ford figo petrol but confuse about its milage i live in small town and my monthly run may be around 500 to 800 km p/m so guys plz suggest me a good car because whichever car i will purchase it will be with me for at least 10 years

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddy, If I am correct, the VXI Swift does not come with Airbags! Also Baleno is a nice product with questionable built quality. In my opinion try for Tiago Petrol or Ford Figo. Both are good and Tiago is also much VFM product.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4
Thanks Akash for your valueble suggetion but i am not sure about ford figo petrol milage and tiago petrol is really good same 1197cc engine like swift and on road price is also only 440000 laks here but tiago petrol is just new in this segment and littel worry about tata engine can you plz tell me milage of figo petrol

Akash1886

Honoured Member
i am not sure about ford figo petrol milage and tiago petrol is really good same 1197cc engine like swift and on road price is also only 440000 laks here but tiago petrol is just new in this segment and littel worry about tata engine can you plz tell me milage of figo petrol
Buddy, the Figo Petrol's claimed FE as per ARAI is 18.16 km/L and in real world driving you can expect anything between 14-15 Km/L. About the TIAGO, rest assured, of all TATA hatchbacks provided till now, TIAGO is miles ahead and engine wise too TIAGO has been tested through endurance test so won't be a issue either. If you like, you may check the Petrol Tiago review in our Test Drive Section.[:)]

Regards

Akash

Hi, My suggestion would be to go for Maruti, Swift or Baleno, depends on your personal choice but I can't say about ford much, since never owned one. Its been 9 years, since I have a Swift Vxi but it does not comes with airbags nor abs. If Baleno comes with the safety features and if it is within your budget, then I would suggest you, to go for the Baleno since its a new product. Regarding the reliability factor, Maruti wins hands down and my car has no issues till now. All I have done is changed the tyres and suspension after 5 years and it cost me only 35k. Its running as good as new, provided that you get the servicing done regularly. Happy car hunting [:)]

Thread Starter #7
Thanks garry Gill for you valueble suggetion . I a. Also maruti lover coz lots of macanic say that ford n other brand's are also costly instant of maruti ... and one more thing i want to ask if we fit music system outside will warrnty effect coz baleno sigma comes with no music system in price 614000 INR and if i will fit music system from outside it will done in under 10000 so price will not go more than 630000 . And delta price is 690000 so 60000 Thousand gap

Last edited:
@mone2099,

going the Sigma way, you can fit music system from outside or even from the showroom itself. The Sigma doesnt have remote lock either However, do note you will be opening up almost ever interior trim panel to to this and it can lead to broken panels, damage or at the least squeaks. Plus you lose out on steering mounted controls

The Delta in that sense is VFM but it is more expensive and has a long waiting list.

Thats why I had suggested the Swift.

I have something better to suggest- you want a cheap car with all the safety features in MS? look at the Ritz

Ameyam

Without doubting the OP, I would say this exactly represents why Maruti is in such a dominant position in the market. Products like Figo, Tiago or even a car like Micra is equally good as compared to a Swift in terms of VFM or safety, but that Maruti mindset is so fixed, its just a matter of fixing a music system. I can personally vouch for the Micra, which has all the safety features, as well as automatic (CVT), and is running robust and trouble free for 26000km plus so far. And contrary to perception (perhaps because of its name), it is actually equal or better in terms of space as compared to a Swift.

Last edited:
Maruti has the largest service network in India. You can find a service centre even when you are stranded in remote small towns. Maruti has consistently topped the JD Power Customer satisfaction. It has never rested on its laurels and has always been churning out various permutations of features and price points to satisfy all strata of customers, so it is no surprise that when it comes to plonking down lakhs of money on cars, Indians default to Maruti. Maruti has earned it fair and square.

Thanks garry Gill for you valueble suggetion . I a. Also maruti lover coz lots of macanic say that ford n other brand's are also costly instant of maruti ... and one more thing i want to ask if we fit music system outside will warrnty effect coz baleno sigma comes with no music system in price 614000 INR and if i will fit music system from outside it will done in under 10000 so price will not go more than 630000 . And delta price is 690000 so 60000 Thousand gap
When I bought my swift, it came without the music system, but I got it installed through showroom itself. I am not into hardcore music so did not want the hassle of fixing it later. Its working fine till now, never changed it, but if you are a music lover, then you can get it installed from out. I don't think it will void any warranty and you can confirm it from the showroom guys to be sure.

Well, its not about mindset. I had a lot os serious quality problems with my Baleno to begin with. Problems that would have caused any other make car to be left with the ASC permenantly. But since MS has so many ASCs, i was able to force them to yield & fix up my car. Like the guy said, every make has issue cars but when MS has them, the wude service network allows the car to be fixed quickly so the customer is not pissed. Thats the advantage going with MS

I would again suggest to look at the Ritz. Mechanically is the same as the Swift but lot more comfortable being tall boy

Ameyam

Thread Starter #13
Well, its not about mindset. I had a lot os serious quality problems with my Baleno to begin with. Problems that would have caused any other make car to be left with the ASC permenantly. But since MS has so many ASCs, i was able to force them to yield & fix up my car. Like the guy said, every make has issue cars but when MS has them, the wude service network allows the car to be fixed quickly so the customer is not pissed. Thats the advantage going with MS

I would again suggest to look at the Ritz. Mechanically is the same as the Swift but lot more comfortable being tall boy

Ameyam
Thank yor ameyam
Its kind of trust on a brand that earned by maruti . For 1st time car buyer like me its my dream comes true that i am going to purchase car ...

Ameyam
buddy personlly i didnt like ritz back side

you can get a full spec Tiago for much lesser money. don't follow the Maruti cattle and have an open mind to explore the various options. Maruti cars are getting worse in design and quality day by day. Service costs of My Maruti Ertiga isn't cheap in anyway too.
Why go for boring old Maruti cars when you get fresh car with great features and better quality like Tiago? If the Tiago is small for you, You have the Bolt. Rose go for the Figo.

buddy personlly i didnt like ritz back side
@monu, you know, once you buy a car, you spend most of the time inside, rather than looking at it from outside. The back of the Ritz is actually straight but the design of the tail lights makes it look depressed from behind. However, its a very practical car, very sturdy and has very few mechanical issues. As a first time driver, you will also appreciate the high seating position, especially if you have pensioners to take around. Take a test drive and see how it feels

Ameyam

Top Bottom