Diesel Hatchback Under Rs.8 Lacs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Its been almost 3 months since we are shopping for a Diesel hatchback under 8 lacs for my father. We sold off my Dad's 7.5 year old Indigo couple of years back and he wants a car again as he is retiring soon.

Monthly running : 1500km
Top Priorities : Safety, comfort and Low Maintenance
Fuel : Diesel
Budget : Max 8 lacs

Here are the top contenders.

Fiat Punto Evo 1.3 Emotion :
Pros : I currently use Punto so can vouch for it, fantastic ride quality, super built quality, low maintenance and high reliability and most importantly Extremly VFM price 7.6 L OTR which fits right into our budget.
Cons : poor resale value, rear seat leg room is disappointing
Price : 7.6 L OTR​
Etios Liva GD :
Pros : Spacious, extremly low maintenance high reliability, good resale value
Cons :boring looks, age old design. Dated interiors, No Music system.
Price : 7.9 L OTR plus i would have to invest 20K for a decent music system.​
Grand i10 Asto (O):

Pros : Fantastic fit and finish, economy (ARAI 25 kmpl), good resale due to Hyundai's premium image in the market
Cons : 3 pot Engine, high maintenance, poor steering (personally don't like EPS)
Price : 7.95 L OTR​

Did not consider SWIFT, Baleno due to its build quality, actually we liked i20 Elite but it was quite expensive if you need ABS you have to spend atleast 10lacs which was way out of our budget.

Friends, please advise.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
According to Carwale the grand i10 costs 822.xxx rs. Are you telling the prices after discounts?

You can easily get 90k rs off on grand i10 if you are exchanging your existing car. I wouldnt recommend because the structural stability is not that good. Plus that puny engine.
I opted for the figo diesel just because it is truly vfm. The service rates will be similar to swift.
Issues faced - rattles and that's it
Do take a td of the car and you will just live the performance.

You can also buy the liva gd but it won't be a vfm choice in front of the figo.
You can easily get 35k off on figo and Toyota gives very less discounts bit they will throw in a music player plus 5k discount.

I am also in a similar situation and I am looking for a diesel hatchback under 8 lakhs.

As I am from hyderabad as well, this thread is relevant to me in terms of pricing.

I have shortlisted ford figo diesel and punto evo emotion.

Since you already own a punto, you know how service is like.

If the car would be used mostly in city i think figo is the best bet. It has very good driveability and has enough punch whenever needed.

It is easier to maneuver and has lesser turning radius.

Do keep us updated.

Thread Starter #5
Thanks TSIVipul, allhyundaicars and kishore108 for your valuable suggestions.
My father doesnot stay in city, so 90% usage would be on the highways. That's the main reason i am tilting towards Punto Evo. Apart from resale value i don't see any negatives. I never faced service issues on my old punto in 5 years of ownership.
@TSIVipul - I will do Figo test drive before finalizing.
@ allhyundaicars - I am not exchanging any car since my father doesnot have one and the max discount what i am getting is 40k on Grand i10. 7.95 lacs is including 3rd year extended warranty and Nil dip.

^^If 90% of the drives is on the highways then Figo exactly is the car you need. In fact that 1.5l engine under the hood is best everywhere; be it city, highway or hills.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
30k is the exchange bonus , you can get 50-60k plus some freebies if you bargain hard. Anyways don't go for grand i10 if main usage is highway because of the engine.

Since you already own a punto you can go for the current one since the ride and handling will be much superior than any other car.

Thread Starter #9
@ TSIVipul - Will do test drive today itself, will update you.
@ allhyundaicars - I went to 2 hyundai showrooms near by office (Lakshmi and Kun). They may come down to 7.85 not less
@ Nanofreak - I suggested my dad but after burnt our hands on Indigo he doesnot want to consider. Our last service bill of Indigo was 80K and my dad reminds me about it.

While talking to Ford guys, press hard for discounts too.

You open for VW BTW? Polo C/L Diesel can also fit in your budget after discounts.

Is the otr price you mentioned the final on road after all discounts ?

Do clarify this part so that the price per variant can be compared.

Thread Starter #12
@ Kishore108, Yes, Punto Emotion is the final price. May be we can get another 10K max on Grand i10, if you have any exchange vehicle you will get more.

@ Kishore108, Yes, Punto Emotion is the final price. May be we can get another 10K max on Grand i10, if you have any exchange vehicle you will get more.
If the use is for 90% highways then please go for punto.

You are aware of the vehicle and its service issues.

It has strong body shell. Very important.

Its highway behavior is second to none in the segment.

Cheapest of all and most vfm.

The most important of all - you are a satisfied fiat customer.

Why not look at the Zest ? Its not a hatchback, but its not a large car either. It has the same powerplant as the Punto Emotion, and is also quite well built and feature rich. Dont bring the grand I10 in this discussion, its one level smaller in all aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom