Which is Best Car For High Running of 60K Kms Per Year?

Thread Starter #1
Currently i own skoda rapid 1.6 tdi as primary car and tata indica as secondary car.so now we are planning to reolace our indica with an used car as my father and me both want a good car for daily usage.

My father is advicing me to go one more time for skoda rapid because maintainace is very low, milage is very high and quality of the car is best in class(except vento).we have done 1 lack km in rapid in 2 years, i am absolutly happy with skoda as i just spend rs 1800 for disk pad replacement and normal maintanace cost which is 0.6 rs per km.

My requirements :
1. High milage
2. Safe car
3. Must not be maruti or hyundai
4. 120 km on weekdays and 800 km on weekend average 5000 km per month.
5. We dont resell car so i amnot worrying about resell value
6. Lower longtime maintenance, i will keep the car atleast for 3 lack km, i willcover itin five years.
7. Car will be self driven so must be fun to drive.

Cars i have in mind:

1. Rapid/vento/polo tdi
Three are same cars so i am inculding them in one point. Milage is 22 kmpl and it is consitent any condition. Maintance is lower than ciaz. Cars are built to last for minimum of 5 lack km. As i have rapid which is done 1 lack km still itfeels like new, no single repair or fault. These cars are safe all have top ratings in crash test.

2. Toyota corolla petrol /diesel:
low maintainace, very good power in petrol, comfortable than rapid, cost is higher.

3. Skoda laura 2.0 tdi cr:
This is car i have loved from when it launched in india. I am mechanical engineer and i know how to repair car so i am not worring about problem of the cars. Milage is good. Safety is too notch, classy looks, available for low price than rapid, surely serve for 3 lack km without any problem in engine.

I am not finding any reson to not go for skoda laura. Please suggest me if there any other car which can fulfil my requirements.

If you have a very high run, the best is to go for Diesel car. There are lot many for such purpose. I am little confuse that you put a hatchback as a choice in you list.

If you have a budget of Laura, think of buying new Octavia which us far better in terms of quality, features and safety.

Other thought:
My suggestion is you visit to NEXA and test drive Scross DDis320. You may love to drive that car.

I presume you mean Skoda Octavia and not Skoda Laura. Laura has been replaced by the Octavia.
While Rapid has high level of localization so service and spares are not an issue.
I am not sure if it is the same for Octavia.

All the three of your choices can do 60k+ with no hassles. All three get a green tick for all 7 of your requirements.

Maybe you need to be a little more choosy :)

Thread Starter #4
Re: Which is Best Used Car For High Running of 60K Kms Per Year?

Currently i own skoda rapid 1.6 tdi as primary car and tata indica as secondary car.so now we are planning to reolace our indica with an used car as my father and me both want a good car for daily usage.

My father is advicing me to go one more time for skoda rapid because maintainace is very low, milage is very high and quality of the car is best in class(except vento).we have done 1 lack km in rapid in 2 years, i am absolutly happy with skoda as i just spend rs 1800 for disk pad replacement and normal maintanace cost which is 0.6 rs per km.

My requirements :
1. High milage
2. Safe car
3. Must not be maruti or hyundai
4. 120 km on weekdays and 800 km on weekend average 5000 km per month.
5. We dont resell car so i amnot worrying about resell value
6. Lower longtime maintenance, i will keep the car atleast for 3 lack km, i willcover itin five years.
7. Car will be self driven so must be fun to drive.

Cars i have in mind:

1. Rapid/vento/polo tdi
Three are same cars so i am inculding them in one point. Milage is 22 kmpl and it is consitent any condition. Maintance is lower than ciaz. Cars are built to last for minimum of 5 lack km. As i have rapid which is done 1 lack km still itfeels like new, no single repair or fault. These cars are safe all have top ratings in crash test.

2. Toyota corolla petrol /diesel:
low maintainace, very good power in petrol, comfortable than rapid, cost is higher.

3. Skoda laura 2.0 tdi cr:
This is car i have loved from when it launched in india. I am mechanical engineer and i know how to repair car so i am not worring about problem of the cars. Milage is good. Safety is too notch, classy looks, available for low price than rapid, surely serve for 3 lack km without any problem in engine.

I am not finding any reson to not go for skoda laura. Please suggest me if there any other car which can fulfil my requirements.
Sorry i forgot to mention that i am looking for used car. Now edited.

@Nspnikhil
Get the Corolla diesel and you won't be happier. I have owned that car and it is made for people with insanely high running. My average running per year is more or less same as yours and I can vouch for the Corolla. It has been an awesome fuss free super reliable companion throughout the ownership period it has been with me.

Top Bottom