Used Toyota Fortuner (7 Years Old) vs Used Mahindra Scorpio (2 Years Old)?

Thread Starter #1
Hi Team,

I would like to know about your valuable before I take a final decision to buy a second hand car.

Both fortuner and scorpio are my dream cars. But the problem is that I cannot afford to buy a new one, thats why i decided to explore used car category.

In my budget of 9 lac i am getting very few options in Fortuner. The one which i got is is 2009 model. For scorpio, I am interested in new gen scorpio and for a 2014 model of s6 plus, the lowest price i got is 10,50000.

Now, I am confused that whether I should go with Fortune or try for 0-2 year old scorpio in my range (keeping in mind that NGT has banned diesel car which are more than 10 years old). My heart says fortuner but my mind says Scorpio.

I would highly appreciate if anyone can advise and help me to come out of this confusion.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Seeking advice on buying a 6-7 yr old fortune or 2 year old scorpio

You yourself know about the diesel ban and still considering a 7 years old car ? You do know that you will be spending 3 lakhs per year for the fortuner plus the additional insurance renewal and maintenance ? In delhi its value will be zero , good luck selling it outside delhi.

Would recommend the Scorpio and fulfil your smaller dream for now.

I dont knw about second hand cars registration but do confirm from the r to if it's OK to register a second hand car above 2000cc diesel engine before paying any amount.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
I came to know abut that ban just before i was posting this question in this forum.

thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion. I did not consider the fact that whether there will be a prob in registration of 2nd hand car. I will be cautious before buying 2nd hand scorpio. Thanks a lot !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
You checked the car in olx right ? Didn't know scorpio enjoyed this type of resale.
Today in delhi the s6+ cost 12,93,000 rs. 2014 model should have costed around 12 lakhs to 12.20 lakhs.
And he's selling at 10.5 and that too a haryana registered car which I think would have costed him less than 12 lakhs.

Bargain really hard if you want to buy the Scorpio. Prices quoted are insane.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Firstly, Do a background check of the car and the owner. I would say, If you are open, then go for a new compact SUV in your budget. Try Ecosport. Is it really necessary to settle for a pre-owned car? It goes without saying though, you'll be much happier with a new car than by solving the hassles of a used one.

Regards

Akash

Firstly, Do a background check of the car and the owner. I would say, If you are open, then go for a new compact SUV in your budget. Try Ecosport. Is it really necessary to settle for a pre-owned car? It goes without saying though, you'll be much happier with a new car than by solving the hassles of a used one.

Regards

Akash
I will second Akash @10L budget you have too many options of a new CUV, then why settle for a used unknown source.

The smell of a new car is overwhelming.

Happy shopping.

Cheers.

Vinod

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I will second Akash @10L budget you have too many options of a new CUV, then why settle for a used unknown source.

The smell of a new car is overwhelming.

Happy shopping.

Cheers.

Vinod
I didn't mention a new car since he said it's his dream car. I guess no new car can replace the feeling good of owning a dream car.

Top Bottom