Need Help To Choose an Alternative Option For VW Vento

Thread Starter #1
Initially I was planning for a VW Polo Highline Diesel. Later got upgraded to Vento Diesel Highline as we already have a hatch. But when it was time to book a Vento Diesel, VW decided to withdraw diesel vento from market [cry]

Now I am searching for other options and need your expert suggestions. My requirements are:
  • Safety & Stability: Whatever necessary to survive in Indian roads
  • Build Quality: not interested in the plastic toys
  • Budget: Around 12L
  • Fuel: Okay with both Petrol and Diesel. (I will be covering around 1600kms a month)
  • ASS: I want a peaceful after sales service live.
  • Body Type: Okay with any variant which can full fill all the above requirements. But I don't want a bulky looking vehicle.

VW sales representative was suggesting Vento Petrol AT. But with the distance I am planning to cover, petrol doesn't look like a good option. Any other good options?

VW Vento is available here in NCR, infact i am also planning to have VW Vento highline TDI DSG and took test drive twice in last 5 days. I have not heard any news about discontinue of Vento Diesel.

Thread Starter #3
VW Vento is available here in NCR, infact i am also planning to have VW Vento highline TDI DSG and took test drive twice in last 5 days. I have not heard any news about discontinue of Vento Diesel.
@Mukesh, please check the below statement published in the VW India site.

"Statement from Volkswagen Group India

Pune, 1st April 2016: Volkswagen India will recall 3877 Vento cars with 1.5-litre diesel engine and manual gearbox due to inconsistent Carbon Monoxide (CO) emissions that were observed to be sometimes exceeding the threshold limits during the Conformity of Production (COP) tests done by ARAI. At the same time, Volkswagen India is temporarily holding back sales of the manual gearbox version of the Volkswagen Vento with 1.5-litre diesel engine with immediate effect.

Volkswagen India is analysing the issue and will propose technical measures to ARAI to solve this inconsistency at the earliest. Once approved and confirmed by the competent authorities, Volkswagen India will implement the measures and resume the production and sales of the relevant vehicle. The same technical measures will also be implemented in the impacted vehicles that are already with customers.

This problem impacts only the manual gearbox version of Vento with 1.5-litre diesel engine and is not connected to the global NOx emissions topic.

All vehicles in the customer hands are technically safe and roadworthy. All other diesel models and variants of Volkswagen India, including Vento 1.5TDI with Automatic Transmission (DSG) and all diesel Polo cars, conform to the norms and will continue to be produced and sold in India."​

source: [/B ] News & Updates

I think there can be two possibilities in your case, either VW has resolved the issue and Vento Diesel is back or your dealer has lied to you. The dealer to whom I talked last evening said as per current updates, VW may continue to hold Vento Diesel atleast for the next 3 months.

Initially I was planning for a VW Polo Highline Diesel. Later got upgraded to Vento Diesel Highline as we already have a hatch. But when it was time to book a Vento Diesel, VW decided to withdraw diesel vento from market [cry]

Now I am searching for other options and need your expert suggestions. My requirements are:
  • Fuel: Okay with both Petrol and Diesel. (I will be covering around 1600kms a month)
  • Body Type: Okay with any variant which can full fill all the above requirements. But I don't want a bulky looking vehicle.

VW sales representative was suggesting Vento Petrol AT. But with the distance I am planning to cover, petrol doesn't look like a good option. Any other good options?
My first say would be Fiat Linea which is at a much lower price (more than 1 lac saving). But quality of ASS needs to be verified in your place.
Otherwise SCross . It's more european car and has your desirables.

Last edited:
@balarshnan, i think the Diesel Vento with manual gearbox are on hold, the automatics are still on offer.

Vento alternative is Rapid. Another options to look for is Honda City, Ciaz.

Thread Starter #8
Thanks Guys [:D]

My first say would be Fiat Linea which is at a much lower price (more than 1 lac saving). But quality of ASS needs to be verified in your place.
Otherwise SCross . It's more european car and has your desirables.
I was a Punto fan. Will check Linea.

@balarshnan, i think the Diesel Vento with manual gearbox are on hold, the automatics are still on offer.
Yea, the AT version is available. But I heard Petrol AT is much better than the diesel version. Any idea?

Vento alternative is Rapid. Another options to look for is Honda City, Ciaz.
But the after sales will be a pain with Skoda, isn' t it?

you can also search a less driven vento in your city
or you can think about nissan sunny
Never thought about the second hand option. Will check that too..
Re sunny, that looks a bit bigger for me. (To be honest, I am looking for a powerful sedan, but it should not look bulky yet it should have a strong body)

Consider Hyundai Verna also with Fiat Linea.

Hyundai Verna is much more appealing to look at in all directions and quality of interiors are very good and more comfortable.

But Linea has a better ground clearance of 185 mm - 190 mm which is more comfortable for the indian roads and its robust design makes it a nice package.

Hello friends.
I am having little doubts about purchasing a used Fiat Linea T Jet 2013 Model.
The seller has used the car for about 22000 Kms and has almost agreed to sell it for 4.2 Lakhs. Should i consider this car for purchase ? Or Linea will not be a good choice ?
I have a budget of 4 Lakhs to spend on a very good condition pre-owned car.
I shall be keeping it for around3- 4 years at-least, and hence looking for a reliable car. I know about the performance of Linea T Jet and i am inclined towards purchasing a drivers car.
Please advice if this deal is good or Bad ?
Thank You

Hello friends.
I am having little doubts about purchasing a used Fiat Linea T Jet 2013 Model.
The seller has used the car for about 22000 Kms and has almost agreed to sell it for 4.2 Lakhs. Should i consider this car for purchase ? Or Linea will not be a good choice ?
I have a budget of 4 Lakhs to spend on a very good condition pre-owned car.
I shall be keeping it for around3- 4 years at-least, and hence looking for a reliable car. I know about the performance of Linea T Jet and i am inclined towards purchasing a drivers car.
Please advice if this deal is good or Bad ?
Thank You
Check the car thoroughly , especially braking- since the T-Jet has all-discs, they tend to be more abused than others, especially since people often stomp on the brakes at high speed. Other than that, its a fantastic car- there is nothing else quite like the high-speed Jet experience.

Top Bottom