Safer SUV Type Car in Rs.8L Budget

Thread Starter #1
Sorry to start a new thread on the above. I am new to the forum and it is my first post. I apologize if the post is not up to the mark of the forum. I am based at Navi Mumbai and was looking for an SUV type petrol car.
I mean SUV because sedan and hatchback are out of my choice. Maruti Suzuki is also out of my choice due to various safety issues under crash and accidents. I am not that fanatic for gizmos loaded car also. It should serve the purpose for city drives, occasional long drives (about 1000-2000 kms) twice in a year, off roads to villages, carrying bikes, and decent boot space to carry some luggage.
It should have passenger and driver air bags minimum, cabin/chasis should be sturdy. Driving should be a pleasure in city as well as village roads. Offcourse driving in highways should not be a curse, like lack lusture engine performance will not do. Should not rattle after 2-3 years of use. Rattling is very important as it just irritates when you hear the annoying noise from car.
Seen reviews of many like Creta, Avventura, Jazz. However wish to know the user opinion and suggestions. Futher details as acquired from visit to various show rooms will update in subsequent post.
Thanks in advance.

Sorry to start a new thread on the above. I am new to the forum and it is my first post. I apologize if the post is not up to the mark of the forum. I am based at Navi Mumbai and was looking for an SUV type petrol car.
I mean SUV because sedan and hatchback are out of my choice. Maruti Suzuki is also out of my choice due to various safety issues under crash and accidents. I am not that fanatic for gizmos loaded car also. It should serve the purpose for city drives, occasional long drives (about 1000-2000 kms) twice in a year, off roads to villages, carrying bikes, and decent boot space to carry some luggage.
It should have passenger and driver air bags minimum, cabin/chasis should be sturdy. Driving should be a pleasure in city as well as village roads. Offcourse driving in highways should not be a curse, like lack lusture engine performance will not do. Should not rattle after 2-3 years of use. Rattling is very important as it just irritates when you hear the annoying noise from car.
Seen reviews of many like Creta, Avventura, Jazz. However wish to know the user opinion and suggestions. Futher details as acquired from visit to various show rooms will update in subsequent post.
Thanks in advance.
Hi @mknaidu11, welcome to TAI, your thread is a bit misleading, what essentially you need is a hachback on stilts like the KUV1OO, as this is the only car available under 8L budget.

Not bad if you can live with the quirky looks. Why not include the Kwid & RediGo? also in the mix, with these you still have money left in your bank.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Ford ecosport fits you well.
Its an SUV LOOK. And get the version with Airbags for added safety.

If you can raise the budget a bit, Duster could be good option.

P.S- Jazz is just a Hatchback. And Creta will not fit your budget.
NONE of the vehicles are fit for offroading or Trails.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7
Hello everyone!
Quick and nice suggestions are coming up.
I am thankful to everyone.
As suggested by prasadralf, avventura abarth is also one of the cars, which I am eying upon. Abarth powered package is a little higher on the budget side, on case of only option, I may stretch my budget. On road price at Pune is 11.62L (2015 Avventura Abarth model). New model (Urban Cross) seems to be priced higher than the current 2015 model. May be at price tag of 11-12L.
Other option Hyundai creta, slightly out of budget. Visited show room a month back and enquired about the details on cross bars which will fit to the roof railing. There was no answers coming from sales person and he was not aware of the various fits available in the market. Disappointed than thought why not the users shed some light on the roof railing and available cross bars. Base model priced at 9.16L. On road may go upto 11L. I liked the car. Not taken a test drive so far. Planning to take one soon.
Ford ecosport is another good option. Not yet done any homework on this. Would like to see user feedback on this model with AT transmission.
Would detail further on my findings.

Hello everyone!
Quick and nice suggestions are coming up.
I am thankful to everyone.
As suggested by prasadralf, avventura abarth is also one of the cars, which I am eying upon. Abarth powered package is a little higher on the budget side, on case of only option, I may stretch my budget. On road price at Pune is 11.62L (2015 Avventura Abarth model). New model (Urban Cross) seems to be priced higher than the current 2015 model. May be at price tag of 11-12L.
Other option Hyundai creta, slightly out of budget. Visited show room a month back and enquired about the details on cross bars which will fit to the roof railing. There was no answers coming from sales person and he was not aware of the various fits available in the market. Disappointed than thought why not the users shed some light on the roof railing and available cross bars. Base model priced at 9.16L. On road may go upto 11L. I liked the car. Not taken a test drive so far. Planning to take one soon.
Ford ecosport is another good option. Not yet done any homework on this. Would like to see user feedback on this model with AT transmission.
Would detail further on my findings.
Avventura has a functional roof rail. If I'm not wrong you can fit one to Punto evo as an accessory from fiat avventura. Why not try a punto evo or even emotion avventura diesel. Both cars at 8 to 9 lacs and a good bargain can fetch you very low price. Agree that punto evo is a hatch. But the still GC of punto is 190 mm and avvy is 205mm. Avvy is technically right crossover available in market with an extra ordinary suspension and nil body roll despite being a SUVish stance. Do a TD of both you will agree what I say.

Top Bottom