Originally Posted by vikyjoshi
Congrats on you new Zest XT.
Now this being your new car, I would suggest you few things.
1. Opt for the AMC package for 3 year atleast over and above the warrant. AMC package take care of the part replacement.
2. Do a thorough pre delivery inspection of the car before you pay the full amount of the to the dealer. Once the car is registered and if it has any defects you will not be able to get different "piece".
3. Download TAI
PDI checklist and go thru what need to be checked.
4. Ensure that you get all the bills, invoices, AMC booklets, Certificates from the dealer. They may take time to give you AMC details but do follow up till you get all the AMC related documents.
5. as much as possible stay away from using any aftermarket mods till the warranty expires. (XT is fully loaded and dont see a need for any mods)
Wish you many many happy miles with your Grey Zest
1. Regarding the AMC, I have some questions.
a. Now the normal warranty is for 2 years and I will opt for the extended warranty of 1 year, so that means a total of 3 years warranty. Now if I take the gold amc, will this be also valid for the first 3 years?
b. The car will generally be used for city driving and occasional highway drives. From my current usage of the i10, I can say that the monthly mileage will be around 500 km. That means, in 3 years, it will be around 18K kms. Now is it justified to spend an additional INR 16000 for the amc, considering that the probability of parts replacement in such low run is much less.
c. I can also opt for the gold AMC later on, before I travel a certain number of kilometers and a certain number of years(not sure of the exact value). Now suppose I opt for the amc after a year, then will it be valid for 3 years after the purchase. You have experience with TML, so please guide me on this.
Points 2,3 and 4, certainly I am gonna follow.
5. I like my cars and bikes to be as original as possible. So I am not in favor of any mods. Also the XT is packed with features, so I won't be needing any. Only things which I may fit from outside are some accessories like seat covers, mud flaps, etc. Again I am not sure whether to buy them from the dealer or not. The dealer will give me the original Zest accessories but at a higher price. From outside it will be a bit cheaper, but then - ORIGINAL is ORIGINAL. Please suggest.