Going For Zest XT. Am I Making Right Decision?

Thread Starter #1
Will be booking Zest XT 1.2 RT Sky Grey today!!! Super excited.........[:D]

Please someone tell me I am making the correct decision. I am sure about my choice and I love this car, but everyday, so many negative comments from different person about TML are clogging my head. [frustration]

I don't have a problem, but my parents are skeptical, listening to all the comments. I have to really convince them, but later if I am proved wrong, I will be in a very bad situation!! [confused]

Please let me know that I am doing right by making an "Us against the world" decision!

Re: Going for Zest RT. Am I making the right decision?

Zest is really a good car. My friend owns one from last 9 months no issue till now, he has clocked 23759 kms

I have replied to your post in pawans ownership thread Yes it is very good car and can give you thousands of happy miles.

It is a machine and you may have some small niggles. Every car has this. So you need not worry on the same. Have the people giving negative comments have owned a these new generation tata vehicles or forget new gen even the older gen vehicles?

We had 2008 indigo and it was not as sophisticated as the honda city (dolhpin) but it was a mighty strong vehicle which served us for 7 years driven by me , my father, my brother and 7 other abusive drivers. we had coverd close to 1.35L km. there were few electrical issues but none major. Zest is eons ahead of indigo in terms of build and quality and features. It is definintely a reliable and great vehicle for the price being offered.

Thread Starter #4

Zest is really a good car. My friend owns one from last 9 months no issue till now, he has clocked 23759 kms
Thnaks a lot for the quick response! [:)]

I have replied to your post in pawans ownership thread Yes it is very good car and can give you thousands of happy miles.

It is a machine and you may have some small niggles. Every car has this. So you need not worry on the same. Have the people giving negative comments have owned a these new generation tata vehicles or forget new gen even the older gen vehicles?

We had 2008 indigo and it was not as sophisticated as the honda city (dolhpin) but it was a mighty strong vehicle which served us for 7 years driven by me , my father, my brother and 7 other abusive drivers. we had coverd close to 1.35L km. there were few electrical issues but none major. Zest is eons ahead of indigo in terms of build and quality and features. It is definintely a reliable and great vehicle for the price being offered.
Thanks for the response! I booked the zest xt rt sky grey an hour back!!!!! I am so excited... Looking for some zesty drives ahead! [drive]

Thnaks a lot for the quick response! [:)]

Thanks for the response! I booked the zest xt rt sky grey an hour back!!!!! I am so excited... Looking for some zesty drives ahead! [drive]
Don't worry its an amazing car & make sure that you clear your thoughts before delivery else you might not be able to enjoy the ownership. One thing I want to state that If you keep on saying that the product is bad then you will get all sort of problems and If you think its an amazing product then even niggles will not bother you.

Enojy your Zest at the best[:D]

Thread Starter #6

Don't worry its an amazing car & make sure that you clear your thoughts before delivery else you might not be able to enjoy the ownership. One thing I want to state that If you keep on saying that the product is bad then you will get all sort of problems and If you think its an amazing product then even niggles will not bother you.

Enojy your Zest at the best[:D]
Thanks! [:D]

Yes I agree to what you say. And I have never thought that it is a bad product. I have always believed in the car which made me choose her over others! Waiting for the delivey now, eager for my first drive! :biggrin:

Congrats on you new Zest XT.

Now this being your new car, I would suggest you few things.

1. Opt for the AMC package for 3 year atleast over and above the warrant. AMC package take care of the part replacement.
2. Do a thorough pre delivery inspection of the car before you pay the full amount of the to the dealer. Once the car is registered and if it has any defects you will not be able to get different "piece".
3. Download TAI PDI checklist and go thru what need to be checked.
4. Ensure that you get all the bills, invoices, AMC booklets, Certificates from the dealer. They may take time to give you AMC details but do follow up till you get all the AMC related documents.
5. as much as possible stay away from using any aftermarket mods till the warranty expires. (XT is fully loaded and dont see a need for any mods)

Wish you many many happy miles with your Grey Zest

Thread Starter #8

Congrats on you new Zest XT.

Now this being your new car, I would suggest you few things.

1. Opt for the AMC package for 3 year atleast over and above the warrant. AMC package take care of the part replacement.
2. Do a thorough pre delivery inspection of the car before you pay the full amount of the to the dealer. Once the car is registered and if it has any defects you will not be able to get different "piece".
3. Download TAI PDI checklist and go thru what need to be checked.
4. Ensure that you get all the bills, invoices, AMC booklets, Certificates from the dealer. They may take time to give you AMC details but do follow up till you get all the AMC related documents.
5. as much as possible stay away from using any aftermarket mods till the warranty expires. (XT is fully loaded and dont see a need for any mods)

Wish you many many happy miles with your Grey Zest

1. Regarding the AMC, I have some questions.
a. Now the normal warranty is for 2 years and I will opt for the extended warranty of 1 year, so that means a total of 3 years warranty. Now if I take the gold amc, will this be also valid for the first 3 years?
b. The car will generally be used for city driving and occasional highway drives. From my current usage of the i10, I can say that the monthly mileage will be around 500 km. That means, in 3 years, it will be around 18K kms. Now is it justified to spend an additional INR 16000 for the amc, considering that the probability of parts replacement in such low run is much less.
c. I can also opt for the gold AMC later on, before I travel a certain number of kilometers and a certain number of years(not sure of the exact value). Now suppose I opt for the amc after a year, then will it be valid for 3 years after the purchase. You have experience with TML, so please guide me on this.

Points 2,3 and 4, certainly I am gonna follow.

5. I like my cars and bikes to be as original as possible. So I am not in favor of any mods. Also the XT is packed with features, so I won't be needing any. Only things which I may fit from outside are some accessories like seat covers, mud flaps, etc. Again I am not sure whether to buy them from the dealer or not. The dealer will give me the original Zest accessories but at a higher price. From outside it will be a bit cheaper, but then - ORIGINAL is ORIGINAL. Please suggest.

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Going for Zest XT. Am I making the right decision?

5. I like my cars and bikes to be as original as possible. So I am not in favor of any mods. Also the XT is packed with features, so I won't be needing any. Only things which I may fit from outside are some accessories like seat covers, mud flaps, etc. Again I am not sure whether to buy them from the dealer or not. The dealer will give me the original Zest accessories but at a higher price. From outside it will be a bit cheaper, but then - ORIGINAL is ORIGINAL. Please suggest.
Firstly Zest is a competent product from a good brand. About accessories try to negotiate with the dealer. The accessories are often bought from outside vendors and branded later by OEM. So, it may be possible you can get a good deal from the dealer on OEM accessories.

Regards

Akash

2 of my friends using zest since lauch.And they are super happy. No issues at all. So simply go for it. Its total vfm car. Check for 333 scheme if available.

Thread Starter #11

Firstly Zest is a competent product from a good brand. About accessories try to negotiate with the dealer. The accessories are often bought from outside vendors and branded later by OEM. So, it may be possible you can get a good deal from the dealer on OEM accessories.

Regards

Akash
Ok. Will check with the dealer when I finalize the accessories list.

2 of my friends using zest since lauch.And they are super happy. No issues at all. So simply go for it. Its total vfm car. Check for 333 scheme if available.
Well already decided on it. [:D]
Sadly the 333 scheme is no longer available. The extended warranty with gold amc can be bought for an amount of INR 25K approx.

Top Bottom