Maruti Suzuki S-Cross or Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza?

Thread Starter #1

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
hi guys.
we will be buying a new car in may end as a replacement for our i10.

Your Budget: >10 lakhs

> New or Used: New Car

> Your Location: New Delhi, India

> Top Five Priorities: Safety , looks , comfort , low maintenance , looks :P

> Monthly Running: Between 1,000 – 1,500 Kms

> Type of Fuel: Diesel

> For What Purpose: Regular Use

> Seating Capacity: Maximum 5 Adults

> Type of Segment: No sedan , No hatchback

i was looking at duster , ecosport and tiago. yes tiago as well since we thought it will be an idle replacement for the i10. but dad suggested if there's a good car under 10 lakhs we can consider that also.

Not the ecosport
just bought a ford figo so no problem with ford. rejected this car just because this car is too old. i test drove both the petrol and diesel variants.

Not the duster
checked the new as well as 2015 models. feels dated. the interiors are not that good. dad doesn't like this car anymore ( he did once) rxl variant with not that good features cost above 12 lakhs.

Not the TUV300
friend recently bought it,drive is smooth but don't like the looks.

Not the BRV
i checked this car since my dad asked me to. loved how honda packed the variants but feels overpriced. the s diesel is around 13 lakhs. no need for 7 seater. don't know who will buy this and from which segment honda will attract customers.

Not the Creta
a full thread dedicated http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/indian-auto-sector/22603-why-not-buy-hyundai-creta.html plus out of budget.
Please recommend any other car or else tell me which one to buy among the scross and the brezza.

i have compared the features from variant to variant and from car to car.

S-cross
features of delta over sigma - 75k rs price difference.
  • roof rail
  • wheel cap
  • chrome door handles
  • illumination glovebox ,
  • anti theft ecurity
  • reverse sensor
  • audio player with bluetooth
  • steering controls
  • telescopic steering
  • centre armrest
  • sunglass holder
  • glove box damper

I am thinking of the delta variant since it has most of the features i want and cost around 9.70 lakhs on road after 30k discounts
not the zeta because it will be expensive and don't need those premium features.

i also compared the features of vitara brezza vdi(0) (7.75 lakhs ex showroom price) with s-cross delta(8.75 lakhs ex showroom price)

for a lakh more i am getting
  • obviously better space
  • better build quailty inside out
  • chrome front grille
  • chrome door handles
  • luggage room insulation
  • glove box illumination
  • front foortwell illumination
  • front map lamp
  • rear dic brake
  • steering mounted controls
  • telescopic steering
  • front armrest
  • shoulder height adjustable seat belts
  • 60-40 split rear seats

i test drove the s-cross and i just loved it. i have mentioned many times that i won't buy a maruti product ever but this car is really different. even my friend teased me for the same. didn't take a td of the brezza as of now

Comparison of Brezza's variants
brezz Vdi over Ldi - 63k rs price difference ( not worth it )

• body colored door handles and orvm
  • roof rail
  • wheel cap
  • floating roof
  • armrest with fabric
  • 7 step illumination control
  • anti theft
  • remote control
  • reae power windows
  • glove box
  • electric boot opening

Zdi over Vdi - 80k rs price difference
  • chrome front grille
  • alloy wheels
  • led light guide
  • piano finih in certain areas
  • chrome inside door handles
  • luggage , glove box , front footwell illumination , fronnt map lamp
  • projector headlamps
  • rear wiper and washer , rear defogger
  • steering controls
  • auto ac
  • heigt adjustable driver seat
  • rear center armrest
  • 60:40 split rear seats
  • some more features

now yesterday i thought i was not comparing correctly.
so compared the brezza zdi variant ( 8.55 lakhs ex showroom ) with s-cross delta variant ( 8.75 lakhs ex showroom)

Extra features in Brezza for 20k rs less.
  • alloy wheels
  • led light guide
  • projector headlamps
  • fog lamps
  • rear wiper washer
  • rear demster
  • auto ac
  • driver seat height adjuster

will take a td of the brezza tommorow. what do you guys think ? please tell me any advantage or disadvantage of both the cars if you know any. i like the tall stance of the brezza but dont like the square shaped wheel arches. looks hideous. and for some reason i don't have any problem with the s-cross:tongue:

Last edited:
Re: Maruti Suzuki S-Cross or the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza !

Unexpected thread at unexpected point of time. Thank God I have hired a chauffeur else I'd have needed to stop to reply you right now, have tea, refreshen my mood and contulinue the journey.

Back to the point:
S Cross is the obvious choice here, no second ways about it. You get better build, better space, more comfort and above everything; a high speed stability that puts nearly everything else at the shame.

Vitara Brezza looks hedious inside except it's Z trims (my personal opinion) and a size smaller in and out. For the money of a Brezza Z trim, you already get an S Cross 1.3 Zeta (exactly the one I have been recommending you since days) and that's again a sweeter deal by every way. All in all, if you are a regular Joe who needs a higher seating position then go Vitara; S Cross for everything else. Looks are subjective and I personally find a distinct charm in the Understated looks of S Cross; in fact I find a distinct joy in having a good 1.6 under the hood of that babe, it never looks hawt but can smoke em (all the UVs under 25 lac) out in no time on the road.

One more: Why wait 3-4 months for an inferior product when the superior one is available readily for same money?

How can Vitara Brezza Z+ trim be lower costing than S Cross Delta? I mean at my place the Brezza Z+ costs 11 lac OTR while S Cross Delta costs 10.2.

If I am not wrong then for the price of Brezza Z+ trims,one can have an S Cross Zeta and that will be a better comparo IMO. Ehh, go and check them one after another and the difference between both the vehicles will be much evident, I personally haven't found the Vitara even closer to S Cross. If features over functionality are higher in your priority list then of course Vitara Z will be a better choice for you.

Last edited:

The S cross is the better car but to drive and has awesome seats. If you observe the seats in Scross seem to be a size larger than Brezza. Brezza scores over Scross in having a better AC and lesser turbo lag.
Why are you going for a diesel car with 1500 km running in Delhi? Wouldn't the diesel car have lesser resale because of the 10 year limit and also the odd even rule will restrict the running?
Asking this question because I wanted a car for my dad in Delhi but he doesn't want to let go of his CNG car.

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Why are you going for a diesel car with 1500 km running in Delhi? Wouldn't the diesel car have lesser resale because of the 10 year limit and also the odd even rule will restrict the running?
1.5K Km running in Delhi per month is I would say wise enough mileage to go for Diesel. The kind of traffic and distances that are there in Delhi, I would say diesel 1.3 is good enough. About re-sale, unless the car is are something extra-ordinary, people usually look for a change in 5-6 years. So, re-sale value of Diesel cars may go down a bit but as a Suzuki vehicle it still would get him a good re-sale. About odd-even, [lol] The 1st one in January-2016 went fine because people did not have the ideas as such to tackle it but the 2nd installment of it made almost everyone think "What a Joke" as by then everyone took out a suitable way to deal with it and whole idea came crashing down. So, odd-even, is better left in it's happy space for now or rather forever!!

Asking this question because I wanted a car for my dad in Delhi but he doesn't want to let go of his CNG car.
I would say retain the CNG car as an option because in Odd-even they are exempted. Rest, being of old age, it would be wise to opt for a car that isn't too big to handle, easy to maintain, has good visibility and easy on egress and ingress.

Regards

Akash

Last edited by a moderator:

About odd-even, [lol] The 1st one in January-2015 went fine because people did not have the ideas as such to tackle it but the 2nd installment of it made almost everyone think "What a Joke" as by then everyone took out a suitable way to deal with it and whole idea came crashing down. So, odd-even, is better left in it's happy space for now or rather forever!!

I would say retain the CNG car as an option because in Odd-even they are exempted. Rest, being of old age, it would be wise to opt for a car that isn't too big to handle, easy to maintain, has good visibility and easy on egress and ingress.

Regards

Akash
Thanks akash, since my dad travels from our house at akshardham to his office near Nelson Mandela marg , I suggested him a diesel car. Now because of this odd even scheme he will be restricted from using the car for 3 days in a week, that's why he doesn't want anything else than a CNG car. I was wondering how do diesel car owners and also allhyundaicars managing in this scenario?

Last edited:

@AHc, Breeza looks odd ball, compared to the S-Cross, and under 10L you have most of the bells & whistles in the delta.

As rightly most have advised, and just to add there are no S-Cross ownership reviews on TAi, so kisi ko bali ka bakra , nahi yaar (just kidding), go for the delta.

Last edited by a moderator:

@ksdr
S Cross is the car for AHC and for your dad I have a very simple, well proven but bulletproof solution: get a used low mileage Honda City for 4-5 lac and fix a good CNG kit in it. From my personal experience, Honda City or Toyota Etios are the best options when it comes to running on CNG as performance and economy compromise is simply best for these two as well as the engine life is also good enough despite of running on CNG.

Thread Starter #8

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Thanks for your reply guys. I just wanted to know what other members think that's why opened the thread. I am 99% sure for sale cross delta.

@ Vipul- i am comparing delta(8.75 ex) with ZDI trim (8.55 ex)and not the ZDI plus which costs 9.55 lakhs ex showroom.
I will get the brezza in a day :p so no worries about that.
But still i'd take a td since I always recommend others to take one.

@ ksdr - my verna gives me 10-12 kmpl in summers and I opted for the petrol since running was around 550kms before but now it's around 1400 kms. And just like Akash mentioned in traffic the bars just go down and down. And every week I have to refill.
After the figo the trips to the pumps went down so choosing diesel.
Any big car will give 11-12 kmpl.
And who knows what will happen in 10 years so nothat thinking about it.
And I faced no problem in any of the odd even days since we have a santro cng as well and a lady driver.
So women are exempt from the rule(gave her figo) , dad drives the cng and I used to drive i10 on even days and verna on odd days.
And i dont care what number I will get in the new car. If it's even then i10 will be replaced by s cross in even days. If it is odd then I will simply give the car to my sister and drive the figo ( even number)
And dad will switch between verna and santro.
And don't let your dad sell the cng , just let the odd even phase complete once and for all. My santro is around 150k kms , about 110k kms driven on cng with no major expenses related to the engine. ( dad always drive 2kms daily on petrol)

@ nanofreak- i wouldn't mind buying a small cross no matter what people say. I bought the figo and I knew it won't be having a good resale compared to others. Now I am all about the VFM products just like the figo.

Last edited:

You got the answers and you surely know which one you are going for.S-cross it is without doubt and in your parking as well soon.
Its a better product better built and better overall package so no other thoughts.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Thanks akash, since my dad travels from our house at akshardham to his office near Nelson Mandela marg , I suggested him a diesel car. Now because of this odd even scheme he will be restricted from using the car for 3 days in a week, that's why he doesn't want anything else than a CNG car. I was wondering how do diesel car owners and also allhyundaicars managing in this scenario?
See, Odd-even rule has nothing do with existing diesel cars be it a Innova or a Ertiga or any other. Odd-even is based on registration number and not on the engine which the present cars are running on dear. You can use a existing diesel car or CNG or petrol in the scheme. But if you are buying new Diesel car in Delhi then it has to be below 2K CC. Your dad's daily run is around 50 Km to and fro. so diesel is a good option but as he is comfortable with CNG, then too FE Figures won't differ much in Diesel and CNG. I would say if at all a new car is to be bought in CNG then consider Wagon R or even Xcent.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #12

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
@vijay - yes i am 99% sure its s cross [:D]

@music swift - i dont need those premium features , the only thing i miss is the auto ac plus rear defogger. didn't talk to dad about zeta variant because dont need the features.

See, Odd-even rule has nothing do with existing diesel cars be it a Innova or a Ertiga or any other. Odd-even is based on registration number and not on the engine which the present cars are running on dear. You can use a existing diesel car or CNG or petrol in the scheme. But if you are buying new Diesel car in Delhi then it has to be below 2K CC. Your dad's daily run is around 50 Km to and fro. so diesel is a good option but as he is comfortable with CNG, then too FE Figures won't differ much in Diesel and CNG. I would say if at all a new car is to be bought in CNG then consider Wagon R or even Xcent.

Regards

Akash
This is OT, but to clarify aren't CNG cars exempted from odd even rule? That means a CNG car can be driven the entire week, isn't it a major benefit compared to a petrol or diesel car?

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member

to clarify aren't CNG cars exempted from odd even rule? That means a CNG car can be driven the entire week, isn't it a major benefit compared to a petrol or diesel car?
Yes they are. But based on odd-even do not make your car choice. Odd-even comes for 15 days and now after 2nd phase it may or may not come in July. Look at the bigger picture then decide.

Regards

Akash

Go for S-Cross anyway. Brezza looks better but quality wise, drive wise and everything else, S-cross score much better. If you can afford buy 1.6, it is orgasmic :)

Top Bottom