In the Market For a New Car: Budget Rs.11 - 12 Lakhs (On Road)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

We are in the market to buy a vehicle a comfort and ease of maintenance one!! The budget is between 11-12lakhs.

Our average running will be quite low as 500-600kms per month max(Including the highway runs for close to 700kms planned once in two months) this is for my Mom & Dad.

So, I will be needing your valuable suggestions to zeroed on the suitable vehicle for them.

*My Dad is done with regular 9-6PM Govt job and would like to spend time at our village as he don't want chaos City life but will be traveling b/w Nagpur & Jabalpur once in two months.

Requirements:-
a) ASS is very important as I don't want him to spend time at service centers(since, I am in B'lore & won't be able to help him much here)
b) High GC. Should be able to negotiate our village roads
C) Safety is a top priority though
d) Budget is 11-12 lakhs on road

Our shortlist are:-
*Duster Petrol :- It lacks features and also FE will be low but ride comfort is something which my parents were impressed as he had Company provided duster for his daily runs

*S-CROSs Zeta :- S-Cross was introduced by me and they are impressed by the vehicle but only one thing which is bothering me is its Diesel and worried as situation may arise when the vehicle is not used for 2-3 months

*Creta Petrol:- Above our budget, but its a fantastic car

Honda Br-v:- If the Price permits to add this in our bucket list. This is only because it has Petrol for offering

P.S:- My dad is against the Automatic has he has drove only Manuals so, he has Mental block against it

Re: In the Market for a New Car-Budget 11-12 Lakhs on Road

Try with Ford Eco Sport Petrol.
Do a Detailed TD especially in the area where you will be driving the most KMS to get exact feel. Read out the ownership reviews to get what all points comes as positive or negative and then go ahead any

Hi Brio Lover, Sir for your requirements i think the S-Cross Zeta 1.3 DDIS, Hyundai Active I20,Maruti Vitara Brezza and Ford Ecosport Diesel Titanium would be the best options in this i think the active i20 and Ecosport makes a lot of sense.[:)]

Advance congrats on your purchase [cheers]

Thread Starter #4

Hi Brio Lover, Sir for your requirements i think the S-Cross Zeta 1.3 DDIS, Hyundai Active I20,Maruti Vitara Brezza and Ford Ecosport Diesel Titanium would be the best options in this i think the active i20 and Ecosport makes a lot of sense.[:)]

Advance congrats on your purchase [cheers]
Hi macsvin & FordFiesta1.6, Thanks for your response, We didn't include Ecosport & Active i20 in our list as my parents are already spoiled by the space & comfort Renault Duster offers. They have extensively used Duster during my Dad's last 1-2 years of service, In fact they were blindly going to book Duster petrol just because of the sheer comfort it offered them.

That's the time I intervened and made them to look on S-Cross(1.3 Zeta). Since, they were here in B'lore last week after taking them to S-Cross went to MS to have a look into Breeza but after seeing S-Cross nobody was interested including me to even enter the Breeza cabin.

Looks like S-Cross will be the final contender but our only concern is this is Diesel one and it may happen that Car will be untouched for 2-3 month at a stretch. That's where BR-V is coming into feature.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hii briol. I am in the same boat. I didn't make a new thread since the options were very limited for me.

Don't want a sedan ,don't want a mid size or a premium hatch, don't want to spend more than 10 lakhs.
I was looking at brezza when Vipul suggested me the scross and from that day onwards I started comparing the 2 models.
The comparison table is in my laptop , will add it at night.
I didn't consider ecosport and duster because they are old ( even the new duster feels ok-ok )
The one thing that I got clear is s cross is really a good car [:D]

The build and fit and finish is excellent. I took a td this Saturday and I was in love with the car. The ride is very mature. The gearshift and clutch are great. The interior is spacious , absorbs potholes just like that.

Nexa guys are coming tomorrow to give me the value for my i10 and the best deal they can offer me for the 1.3 delta. (Delta has all the features that i require and will add alloys)Didn't drive the 1.6 because read that it has turbo lag and the car will mostly run in city.

The OTR here in delhi is 10 lakhs. I told them I will compare the deals with another nexa showroom so give me the best deal.will update.
And what's the issue with 2-3 months idle ?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
In
Hii briol. I am in the same boat.
And what's the issue with 2-3 months idle ?
Yeah we do sailing on same boat. For us too we don't have much choice as we need a subtle handler with good quality ride and spacious as the car will be used by my parents in city and chauffeur driven on Highways.

I do agree that S-cross is a fantastic package after the recent price cut and my parents are also started liking S-cross over Duster, they were murmuring before but i didnt pay much heed but after they visited us in Blore i realized they are serious. So, i made them to just see S-cross and they liked it and more or less we are going to book in a day or two.

My only concern is since I stay in Blore, my sister stay in TVM and they may be staying with us for a month or two and during this period the car will be idle. Now, i know technology has advanced and diesel engines are as good as petrol ones and there should not be any issues even if it is kept idle but I do have my share of apprehensiveness. Thats only point bothering me if S-cross had petrol option I would have booked it without giving much thought.

Delta version is fairly equipped and in our budget Zeta is also listed and today when car came for test drive and to check the parking space my father realized it has start/stop button too and he in joyous mood stated same to me and moreover it has recliner seats so, will be booking Zeta only.

The only thing which i am waiting to know price of Honda BR-v just because of its sheer practicality and I-vtec, rest all gizmos i know will be fizzled out during course of time.

That is the reason we are going to keep Brio and trade i20 crdi as nobody liked the long clutch throw of i20.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I dont think there will be any problem if it is a diesel. The only thing to worry about is the battery. That's it.
I just went through a site which mentions these points.
1. Keep the tank full to avoid any rust in the fuel tank.
2. Remove the battery terminals.
3. Park in shade and cover the car.
4. Tyres will deflate so you have to keep on checking.
Again dont see any point why a diesel shouldn't/ couldn't be stored for a longer period of time.

the zeta has some premium features but I am happy with the delta [:D]
And yes even my father asked me about the brv and he disagreed when I said it's similar to mobilio :p he said looks different and better. Car will launch on 5th so you can wait.

Thread Starter #8
I dont think there will be any problem if it is a diesel. The only thing to worry about is the battery. That's it.
I just went through a site which mentions these points.
1. Keep the tank full to avoid any rust in the fuel tank.
2. Remove the battery terminals.
3. Park in shade and cover the car.
4. Tyres will deflate so you have to keep on checking.
Again dont see any point why a diesel shouldn't/ couldn't be stored for a longer period of time.
Right, the above points I am aware of as I was away for 6months to Germany last year and I made sure I followed the precautionary measures to our Brio & i20(was used by my in laws) , a big thumbs to TAI[thumbswink] as we have a thread where all long parking tips are mentioned.

Now, coming to the point of idle thing for the diesel engine its just stupid of me that's the reason to get it sorted out on the Forum like TAI[clap]. I am not banking much on BR-V as I am aware my parents are already started liking S-Cross and it will be difficult task to make them go for BR-V even if it falls in our budget.

Anyways, ATB for your hunting[;)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I am also getting restless to get the car. Will be buying in may end only.
I got some discounts from the 2nd dealer i visited and told the first dealer how much I was getting [evil] will meet him on Sunday only.

Did you ask about discounts?

S-Cross may not be able to handle the village roads as well as the Duster. It has much lower ground clearance, a longer front overhang and a stiffer suspension more suited for highways. Not to mention lower cargo capacity as well! Not sure why you are t going for the S-Cross. If village roads are a primary criteria, nothing beats the Duster. Especially with potholes and massive puddles (in rain) and overflowing rivulets in the monsoon.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
I am also getting restless to get the car. Will be buying in may end only.
I got some discounts from the 2nd dealer i visited and told the first dealer how much I was getting will meet him on Sunday only.

Did you ask about discounts?
Great!![clap] will be following the suite(with the 2nd dealer [;)]) currently we are getting 10k cash discount with complimentary extended warranty apart from that he is not buzzing.

Kindly let me know results of your negotiation skills.

Somehow Multi quote is not working on my system so responding here, will be keeping the S-cross a stock one but the Alloys do looked yummy!!

S-Cross may not be able to handle the village roads as well as the Duster. It has much lower ground clearance, a longer front overhang and a stiffer suspension more suited for highways. Not to mention lower cargo capacity as well! Not sure why you are t going for the S-Cross. If village roads are a primary criteria, nothing beats the Duster. Especially with potholes and massive puddles (in rain) and overflowing rivulets in the monsoon.
I beg pardon as I didn't mention before the condition of my village road. We have a proper laid TAR road but with some unscientific speed breakers[frustration] So, 185mm ground clearance should do its work. If we have a such case then we already have Scorpio at village to do its duty which is currently being used by my uncle.

S-cross will be mainly used to ferry between Jabalpur & Nagpur highways and my desire to do Rajsthan road trip from Nagpur.

Now coming to Duster, its surely a great traveler with its ride quality but it is poorly accessorized as Dual airbag is only available at top end version, our priority was to buy a Petrol vehicle and its me who is leading to buy S-Cross.

Now, after seeing S-cross my wife is also pushing to go for S-cross too as we are also contemplating to trade our i20(diesel) in B'lore. But this will materialize latter not now.

If you want to buy a Petrol vehicle, why not try the Ford Ecosport ? S Cross doesnt have a petrol engine anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom