Confused Over a Mahindra Thar!!!

Thread Starter #1
Dear members,
As discussed in my previous thread, I almost finalized for a Scorpio S4+4wd as a replacement for my Honda Brio. My main criteria was a rugged vehicle, good service network, a vehicle which can withstand abuse of nature, good ground clearance, offroading capabilities
I was about to book the Scorpio and then I realized that maximum number of people onboard in my car is 2 all the time. So I wont be needing the rear bench of scorp most of the time.
Here came the idea of a Mahindra Thar in my mind. I can change the soft top to a hard top. Also the price of a Thar is 3 lacs less than Scorpio S4+ 4wd. Would it be a good decision to invest in a new that?
Btw I just love jeeps and want to keep the vehicle for next 5-7 years with me. Except the hard top and a music system, I don't have any plan of any mods as of now

Go for thar if have to do lot of off roading else if have to use as family car then scorpio.
scorpio is more comfortable & stable on road as compare to thar with more features.
you can do offraoding in scorpio 4x4 but thar is more capable offroading vehicle .

Thar is not as comfortable as Scorpio. It truly comes on its own in extreme off road conditions which is not the case in most scenarios (I take sedans on village fields and what not) If finances are a constraint, you can look at Bolero. I have gone in taxi Bolero in pretty much off road conditions and I think Bolero is actually good. I am not sure if Bolero comes in 4X4

If finances are a constraint, you can look at Bolero. I have gone in taxi Bolero in pretty much off road conditions and I think Bolero is actually good. I am not sure if Bolero comes in 4X4
yes, Bolero comes in 4x4 & is a very capable off roader but not come with features as in scorpio, i know some one who bought 4x4 Bolero & then install a AC later. over all scorpio make seance. i driven thar is some mud filled roads (not sure there is some road below mud or its all mud) & even i didnt need to use 4 wheel drive mode but gear shift is not smooth & engine noise is high in cabin. if have to travel 200-300 km in thar or bolero than NVH is big issue. overall scorpio is more practical choice.

Top Bottom